Daulton vs Reyes

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Some pretty good moves come up in this, so I'll continue this as a little sequence of shots if the interest is there. The score is 0-0 a shot or so after the break. Daulton to shoot facing this (sorry only this one view -- not Accustats quality this time).

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-04-25_21-33-43.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-04-25_21-33-43.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
vapros said:
I'm going to play the 5 off the 9, and freeze the CB against the 11.
You might have caught me saying it was Efren's shot, when it is Daulton's. I had to do a quick edit and you might have posted in between.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Rats! there goes the best idea I have had so far this week. Daulton can't like what he sees. He's not really in trouble, but unless he gets a ball or two over in his corner, Reyes will torture him to death. I think he has to kick off the long rail into the stack, hitting either the 2 or the 14, and move something toward his pocket. If he doesn't do that, Reyes can pretty much leave him anywhere he wants. Better do it now.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Not a lot of offensive shots here, some safeties. This one and rolling the 8 ball across the table. I would like to play off the 13 ball (?) past the 9 ball and back to the stack, but doesn't look like room for that shot.
Rod.
PS, The 8 ball across would stop the return bank.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 0

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
vapros said:
Daulton can't like what he sees. He's not really in trouble, but unless he gets a ball or two over in his corner, Reyes will torture him to death. I think he has to kick off the long rail into the stack, hitting either the 2 or the 14, and move something toward his pocket. If he doesn't do that, Reyes can pretty much leave him anywhere he wants. Better do it now.
That's the shot I like, especially considering Shannon's kicking accuracy. But it's important to either hit the 14 square, or the up-table side of the 2. If he were to split the 2-14, the 14 might trickle down and leave Efren shot.

With a ball or two over by Shannon's corner, and the CB in the stack, Efren has real problems.

Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
androd said:
Not a lot of offensive shots here, some safeties. This one and rolling the 8 ball across the table. I would like to play off the 13 ball (?) past the 9 ball and back to the stack, but doesn't look like room for that shot.
Rod.
I'd be reluctant to leave Efren the layout that you illustrated. That gives him a free straight-back on the 8 ball.

You mentioned rolling the 8 ball across table. Where are you referring to? Do you mean rolling the 8 up near the head corner on Shannon's side?

Doc

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i set it up and shot it a couple of times. with the relationship of the balls to the diamonds, i think the 9 goes. if it doesn't, no harm. if it does, leave em long off the 8.

Greenshot_2011-04-25_21-33-43.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
gulfportdoc said:
I'd be reluctant to leave Efren the layout that you illustrated. That gives him a free straight-back on the 8 ball.

You mentioned rolling the 8 ball across table. Where are you referring to? Do you mean rolling the 8 up near the head corner on Shannon's side?

Doc

Like so.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I"d probably just shoot the shot Rod diagrammed above... (can't believe he said there's no offensive shot:D)

don't know if this is feasible, but maybe it's fraught with peril:)
efren2.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well, Daulton decided he really wanted to try to open up something on to his own side so he banked the 13 into the loose balls below the stack (similar to miller's suggested shot, but it didn't appear to have the clear path), and at the same time instead of just snuggling the cue ball into the top of the stack, Shannon must have elected to nudge a couple balls loose there, too.

Like This:

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-04-25_21-33-43-2.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-04-25_21-33-43-2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is how Shannon left things for Reyes to shoot -- you can see from the result that Shannon did a nice job of opening balls up on his own side:
Now Efren to shoot.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-04-25_21-40-51.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-04-25_21-40-51.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
NH Steve said:
This is how Shannon left things for Reyes to shoot -- you can see from the result that Shannon did a nice job of opening balls up on his own side:
Now Efren to shoot.
I see two shots that are options, the first option and the one that is mistake free would be to cross the 3 ball to your side and drop to the foot rail behind the 1 ball. This is a very effective shot and would be my choice. It positions a ball on your side of the table and limits your opponent what he can do offensively, if anything. He'll probably play some sort of a safety that will further you in getting out of the trap.

The other shot is aggressive and somewhat risky. The key to this shot is controlling the cue ball to lessen the chances of selling out. Shoot the 5 ball into the pink, the pink will bank across table into the balls and move them closer to your hole. The 5 ball will most likely contact the 1 ball and hopefully move the 1 ball away from the that area of the table. If you draw the cue ball back into the stack you will cut off a lot of the sell out area where the 1 ball could end up if the shot is miss hit.

The second option is mainly suggested to broaden your imagination and give you a picture of something to look for in other situations. But since you have option one there is really no reason for you to use option two, unless your experimenting.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
I see two shots that are options, the first option and the one that is mistake free would be to cross the 3 ball to your side and drop to the foot rail behind the 1 ball. This is a very effective shot and would be my choice. It positions a ball on your side of the table and limits your opponent what he can do offensively, if anything. He'll probably play some sort of a safety that will further you in getting out of the trap.

The other shot is aggressive and somewhat risky. The key to this shot is controlling the cue ball to lessen the chances of selling out. Shoot the 5 ball into the pink, the pink will bank across table into the balls and move them closer to your hole. The 5 ball will most likely contact the 1 ball and hopefully move the 1 ball away from the that area of the table. If you draw the cue ball back into the stack you will cut off a lot of the sell out area where the 1 ball could end up if the shot is miss hit.

The second option is mainly suggested to broaden your imagination and give you a picture of something to look for in other situations. But since you have option one there is really no reason for you to use option two, unless your experimenting.

Billy I.
^^great post
since in the efren vs nick thread efren played a multi ball carom shot from more distance my guess is that efren shot billy's shot # 2

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
androd said:
Rod.

This is my shot. Being a little more patient in the beginning, not letting Efren get complete domination with position. Wait until a better chance to move balls to my side with offensive pressure.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Since we are talking about Efren here I could see him banking the three for his hole and going 4 rails and fall on the foot rail behind the one.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
wincardona said:

Even though it's risky, I like your second shot best-- especially with Efren shooting it.;)

The problem with the standard bank off the 3 ball and rolling behind the 1 is that there's a real good possibility of leaving a free straight-back on the pink ball.

Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well it's risky to leave Efren a clean look at several balls -- he comes up with stuff. He played the combo bank -- orange 5 into the pink 4 -- and the 5 had some speed on it and came back and double kissed the 4 so both balls swept balls toward Efren's pocket, and the cue ball floated forward behind the remains. Something like this:

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-04-25_21-40-51-2.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-04-25_21-40-51-2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is how they ended up for Efren, with Daulton now to shoot.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-04-26_19-06-31.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-04-26_19-06-31.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 0