Daulton vs. Joyner 2002 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Daulton has the lower right-hand pocket, as you view the screen. He's down 1-0 in games and this is his second shot this game. What would you do?

Shannons Shot.Jpeg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
im concerned the 8-3(?) combo is on so i dont want to leave the q up table
this is passive but here it goes
dj1.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this one was for practice i think i can use different color arrows now:)
(is there a kiss??:rolleyes: )
dj2.jpg

Attachments

• dc2.jpg
    dc2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
gotta get ready for work:mad:
see y'all later:)
cant wait to read the critiques of my shots:rolleyes:
seriously cant wait to see what you guys would do

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
If I decided to shoot the bank ? I'd use a little more than a 1/2 ball hit and play the CB across the table. You might luck it in off the 2 ball if it turns a lot, or at least open the cluster by your pocket. If the 3 ball's dead I'd probably try to play safe and roll into the combo two rails off the 1 ball. :)
Rod.

Attachments

• bank.JPG
    bank.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
frank wouldnt you want the q by the opposite corner to your pocket like in post #3 so that the group of balls around the stack are blokers.??
with the q in the middle there is a more direct shot at clearing your balls /playing safe by your opponent ??
yes?/no?

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
lll said:
frank wouldnt you want the q by the opposite corner to your pocket like in post #3 so that the group of balls around the stack are blokers.??
with the q in the middle there is a more direct shot at clearing your balls /playing safe by your opponent ??
yes?/no?
No doubt that I would like to get the q to where you say but when I looked at the picture it seemed to me that to get the q there required more power and maybe one of the balls would leak out to the other side of the stack, like maybe the nine ball. Maybe I just play too cautious.

It looks like that to get the q to the corner that would require more of a center ball hit with left and that would require a harder hit.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Frank Almanza said:
If the three ball is not a go then this might be an option.View attachment 1693

I think most are in agreement, one railing the 1 ball into the cluster above the duece, is the best shot. With just a little luck, it could go...I agree with Frank, with the angle presented, the end rail, (or maybe a little firmer, to wind up about where Shannon's stick is on the long rail) would be very effective. You may wind up with blockers anyway, and he sure won't like it regardless.

Sir Rodney...it appears to me, your shot (getting to the other side rail where you show your cue ball winding up) would require "nine ball break" speed...Not your usual heady shot selection...Are you drinking heavily these days ? Or possibly over medicated... :rolleyes: :D :eek:

PS..Mark in Houston...Look after our boy... Please don't rob him if he is impaired..:p

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Sir Rodney...it appears to me, your shot (getting to the other side rail where you show your cue ball winding up) would require "nine ball break" speed...Not your usual heady shot selection...Are you drinking heavily these days ? Or possibly over medicated... :rolleyes:

PS..Mark in Houston...Look after our boy... Please don't rob him if he is impaired..:p

I hit the shot a few time today, it turned all the way back in the pocket the 2nd. shot. :) If it had not hit the cluster or the 2 ball it would probably go pretty far back up the table, but the CB was where I wanted it.;) Yes I'm drinking heavily.:D I only wish I had medication. Mark can't get to me, I've lost 6 straight times to another rascal, but I'm hopeful for tomorrow.
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Frank Almanza said:
No doubt that I would like to get the q to where you say but when I looked at the picture it seemed to me that to get the q there required more power and maybe one of the balls would leak out to the other side of the stack, like maybe the nine ball. Maybe I just play too cautious.

It looks like that to get the q to the corner that would require more of a center ball hit with left and that would require a harder hit.
frank thanks for the commentary. its VERY educational when players explain why they hit their shot .:)
OMG i sound like artie. what did you shoot and WHY:eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Frank Almanza said:
Maybe I just play too cautious.

I don't think you do, Frank...instead, like you and I discussed one time - a lot of the onepocket.org wei-players like to do things with the cueball/balls that Efren could only dream of...;)

- Ghost

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Daulton has the lower right-hand pocket, as you view the screen. He's down 1-0 in games and this is his second shot this game. What would you do?

SJDuck said:
Sir Rodney...it appears to me, your shot (getting to the other side rail where you show your cue ball winding up) would require "nine ball break" speed...Not your usual heady shot selection...Are you drinking heavily these days ? Or possibly over medicated...

PS..Mark in Houston...Look after our boy... Please don't rob him if he is impaired..

I don't think you do, Frank...instead, like you and I discussed one time - a lot of the onepocket.org wei-players like to do things with the cueball/balls that Efren could only dream of... - Ghost

I played Mark a few today before my Protagonist showed. We set up the shot from this thread and I made it off the 2 ball second shot. 1st shot it went up and back. Both shots the CB went behind the stack.
Dennis please post what was shot, I'll be very surprised if the CB went down table.
Rod.
PS, If it did the shooter needs to read the Beards book.:p
PPS, I made a 60 % comeback today, so being hopeful helped.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
I played Mark a few today before my Protagonist showed. We set up the shot from this thread and I made it off the 2 ball second shot. 1st shot it went up and back. Both shots the CB went behind the stack.
Dennis please post what was shot, I'll be very surprised if the CB went down table.
Rod.
I didn't forget, just been busy. He banked the 1 into the 2 and the 2 came back up and kissed it:eek: .

Shannons Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it for Cliff:

Shannons Leave.Jpeg

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
androd said:
Rod.
Yes we did play..yes we did set the shot up..yes he did what he said with QB..and then his Proctologist showed up