Daulton vs. Bugs 1992 Legends of One-Pocket

CaliRed said:
I'm a smoker, not proud of it, but I am and it's my habit to deal with. Stupid or not, it gives me some pleasure in life, which I severely have lacked most of my life.

I try to be as respectful as possible when I smoke, but it sure is hard to enjoy pool as much, when something you associate so strongly with pool, is yanked away from you.

I'm a firm believer in everything you said. I vote with my feet in every other part of life, everyone else ought to also. But then again, it's also crazy how a person can do heroin and a day or so later be clean for his piss test, but the poor sap that has a couple hits off a joint is hosed for 30 days or so.:confused:

I'm pretty ticked off right now, so I'd better shut up. I had one of the worst days possible in pool today. I wait all week to play and after watching pros play all weekend, the wheels came off. I not only shot extremely bad, the other guy had a "good day":D It wasn't that he was extremely lucky on alot of shots, he just hit the ball and it went where he must have wanted it too:D

CaliRed, please do not even consider using the word "luck", unless you have first consulted the guru of luck, Mr. Cowboy Dennis. He's written a new treatise on it. Poor guy.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
gulfportdoc said:
The poolroom is not a "public building". Public buildings are city halls, libraries, fire stations, and the like. Just because unbridled government oppression of private businesses has come to be the norm today, does not make it right.

Rand Paul has got it correct: Government has no right to dictate how a private business owner runs his operation. Let the public vote with their feet. If they don't like how a business operates, they are free to patronize another.

I don't smoke, and I prefer playing pool without smoke blowing in my face. But I would never in a million years petition government to dictate rules to a private business owner which would force him under the threat of law to conform to my individual tastes.

Doc

Well Said Doc

Dud

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
gulfportdoc said:
The poolroom is not a "public building". Public buildings are city halls, libraries, fire stations, and the like. Just because unbridled government oppression of private businesses has come to be the norm today, does not make it right.

Rand Paul has got it correct: Government has no right to dictate how a private business owner runs his operation. Let the public vote with their feet. If they don't like how a business operates, they are free to patronize another.

I don't smoke, and I prefer playing pool without smoke blowing in my face. But I would never in a million years petition government to dictate rules to a private business owner which would force him under the threat of law to conform to my individual tastes.

Doc

Doc,

I respectfully submit that any building that the "general public" can walk into is a "public building". It does not have to be owned by the city, county or state for it to be a "public building". If it's not bound by "private club" restrictions or some such rules then it's "public". The government dictates in thousands of ways every day how a business must operate. That is the norm.

As to your second point, government absolutely has a right to dictate how & where a private business owner runs his operation. From pollution laws to safety laws to "secondary effects" laws, the government sets the rules that businesses must follow. Would most people want a strip bar or an adult bookstore and their usual clientele next to an elementary school or a church? Probably not. Would you want a person on the "no-fly" list to be able to work at a nuclear plant? I wouldn't think so. As soon as you say that government has no right to dictate how a private business owner runs his operation these are the things that you must contemplate.

I also do not smoke but I did for years, from 10 yrs. old to 30 yrs. old with a couple of short-lived failings in-between(in-between 30 and now). I do not care what anybody puts in their mouth or lungs, however I do have a problem when their choice interferes with my intake of oxygen.

As to your point "let the public vote with their feet", I agree, let the smokers go someplace else (outside Michigan) and shoot pool. I prefer not to be killed by their smoke.

Dennis

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Clare said:
CaliRed, please do not even consider using the word "luck", unless you have first consulted the guru of luck, Mr. Cowboy Dennis. He's written a new treatise on it. Poor guy.

Dearest Clare,

Once again you have mis-interpreted and/or mis-stated my position on the "luck" theory. You all(except lll) have consigned yourself to the preposition that "luck" exists(even though you can't prove it), particularly on a pool table(even though balls go where they are shot). I have no such beliefs, on a pooltable or many other places either, except for my aforementioned "lightning striking the Duck" story. Even then, luck is dependent on your point of view.

Cowboy "lucky I saw this" Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Dearest Clare,

Once again you have mis-interpreted and/or mis-stated my position on the "luck" theory. You all(except lll) have consigned yourself to the preposition that "luck" exists(even though you can't prove it), particularly on a pool table(even though balls go where they are shot). I have no such beliefs, on a pooltable or many other places either, except for my aforementioned "lightning striking the Duck" story. Even then, luck is dependent on your point of view.

Cowboy "lucky I saw this" Dennis

Dear "clean air, tree hugger, anti-businessman, breath,

When was I struck by lightning ?...I must have missed that post, when you were on "ignore"..:rolleyes: Please direct me to it, as I am sure it will profoundly change my views on "Lady Luck"...:p She can be a bitch you know...We coulda been born Arnold Palmer, and Earl Strickland....(you can have Earl..:eek:)

Respectfully,

Sand Duck <---Rand Paul is his new hero !!! Because he is challenging the "status quo", of our soon to be, COMPLETELY government controlled lives...1984 is here NOW,..and the O-man loves it !!!

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Dear "clean air, tree hugger, anti-businessman, breath,

When was I struck by lightning ?...I must have missed that post, when you were on "ignore"..:rolleyes: Please direct me to it, as I am sure it will profoundly change my views on "Lady Luck"...:p She can be a bitch you know...We coulda been born Arnold Palmer, and Earl Strickland....(you can have Earl..:eek:)

Respectfully,

Sand Duck <---Rand Paul is his new hero !!! Because he is challenging the "status quo", of our soon to be, COMPLETELY government controlled lives...1984 is here NOW,..and the O-man loves it !!!

Dear "Lightning Strike" Victim,

I'm sure this link can clear it up for you. http://onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3890

I don't know Rand Paul from Rand McNally or Les Paul so you are wasting your time name-dropping on me.

P.S. 1984 was 26 years ago and I'm certain that you were speaking of Orwellian perils even back in 1983:) . I'm sure they'll be here soon, I can't wait.

P.PS. Would you please stop calling me and asking for $50,000 loans, I told you before, I can't loan money to a poolplayer, especially one that does not work.

Cowboy "they're everywhere" Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:

I don't know Rand Paul from Rand McNally or Les Paul so you are wasting your time name-dropping on me.

Dennis you finally got to someone (Les Paul) who needs to be in your music thread.
Rod. < ---------don't forget Rue Paul.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:

PS. Would you please stop calling me and asking for $50,000 loans, I told you before, I can't loan money to a poolplayer, especially one that does not work.

Dear "Bernie Madoff" Beath,

As proprietor of one of the most successful pool rooms in the entire country...SJD's "Pool 'n' Pub",...I get calls all day long, from the heavy hitter's (Bear/Stearns, Goldman/Sachs etc.) wanting to invest in my successful enterprise.

My main source of income, is gambling with my friend's/opponent's/slut's, Tom, Jim, and Fast Lenny.....Just yesterday, I destroyed them for $66.00 cash. (well, Tom still owes me an $8.00 "air barrel") ....My only overhead was; Pizza..$20.00 (winner buys) Oh, and also, beer and cashews $38.00 (house furnishes)

So even though my profit margin is slim...unlike American Airlines, I AM turning a profit.

Sand Duck, (aka, SJD) <---"Perfeshinul Pool Hustler"

PS..I don't want to bother the "heavy hitter's"...but I could use a small bridge loan, ($50.00) just to hold me over 'til the 1st, when my SS arrives...of course this would be repaid at current prime, PLUS, .000000000002 %...Also, please note;...my credit score rating, has soared to above 300.

Anxiously awaiting your Fedex,...with the funds. cashier's check, or cash only please !

Last edited:

senor

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Doc,

I respectfully submit that any building that the "general public" can walk into is a "public building".

Dennis

Seems logical enough. Along the same lines, business owners depend on public thoroughfares to access their place of business. No accessible roads = unsuccessful business.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Doc,

I respectfully submit that any building that the "general public" can walk into is a "public building". It does not have to be owned by the city, county or state for it to be a "public building". If it's not bound by "private club" restrictions or some such rules then it's "public". The government dictates in thousands of ways every day how a business must operate. That is the norm.

As to your second point, government absolutely has a right to dictate how & where a private business owner runs his operation. From pollution laws to safety laws to "secondary effects" laws, the government sets the rules that businesses must follow. Would most people want a strip bar or an adult bookstore and their usual clientele next to an elementary school or a church? Probably not. Would you want a person on the "no-fly" list to be able to work at a nuclear plant? I wouldn't think so. As soon as you say that government has no right to dictate how a private business owner runs his operation these are the things that you must contemplate.

I also do not smoke but I did for years, from 10 yrs. old to 30 yrs. old with a couple of short-lived failings in-between(in-between 30 and now). I do not care what anybody puts in their mouth or lungs, however I do have a problem when their choice interferes with my intake of oxygen.

As to your point "let the public vote with their feet", I agree, let the smokers go someplace else (outside Michigan) and shoot pool. I prefer not to be killed by their smoke.

Dennis

I concur.

There are a number of people at this moment who have more money in their pockets than they would have if I did not vote with my feet (and lungs) and stay out of smokey rooms.

It is not a matter so much of government as it is a matter of Public Health.

And what are we to make of the fact that Uncle Sam subsidized tobacco farmers for all those years?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Doc,

Dennis

What Dennis said....:cool:

- Ghosty

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
CaliRed said:
Here is Cole shooting 2 twist back banks. The first one I already posted, but I added the 2nd one and the game winning shot by Rudolfo. Granted, the cueball was not as far away as the one Dennis shows.

[youtube]HiBM6JLcmK4[/youtube]

Holy Cow! What a bank by Luat!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
I concur.

There are a number of people at this moment who have more money in their pockets than they would have if I did not vote with my feet (and lungs) and stay out of smokey rooms.

It is not a matter so much of government as it is a matter of Public Health.

And what are we to make of the fact that Uncle Sam subsidized tobacco farmers for all those years?

KOUD,

Good point about subsidizing...

I am sure YOU are aware, (some people aren't)...that if all the "sin taxes" us heathens pay on tobacco and liquor products, all were to cease tomorrow, you "Clean air, health nut's" wouldn't have to worry about ONLY your health...Within about 2 weeks, you would have to worry about where your kids would be going to school...and how you could pay about a 40% tax on EVERYTHING you purchase.

Not even gasoline, is taxed anywhere near booze and smokes...We pay WAAAAAY more, than our fair share....:eek:

Somebody has to support our economy...The "do-gooder's" sure as hell ain't...:(

PS..Also the hospitals would soon go under...we subsidize them too...Plus, as we all know...we give them the bulk of their business,...because we get sick and die a lot... And the mortuaries would all be "mortified" (and broke) without us..:eek:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
KOUD,

Good point about subsidizing...

I am sure YOU are aware, (some people aren't)...that if all the "sin taxes" us heathens pay on tobacco and liquor products, all were to cease tomorrow, you "Clean air, health nut's" wouldn't have to worry about ONLY your health...Within about 2 weeks, you would have to worry about where your kids would be going to school...and how you could pay about a 40% tax on EVERYTHING you purchase.

Not even gasoline, is taxed anywhere near booze and smokes...We pay WAAAAAY more, than our fair share....:eek:

Somebody has to support our economy...The "do-gooder's" sure as hell ain't...:(

PS..Also the hospitals would soon go under...we subsidize them too...Plus, as we all know...we give them the bulk of their business,...because we get sick and die a lot... And the mortuaries would all br "mortified" (and broke) without us..:eek:

Dear "political science" Breath,

It is so easy to get you to go off on a rant & rave about politics that it's simply no challenge at all. The thrill is gone:rolleyes: .

RBL