Daulton vs. Bugs 1992 Legends of One-Pocket

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Cowboy Dennis said:
Doc,

I respectfully submit that any building that the "general public" can walk into is a "public building". It does not have to be owned by the city, county or state for it to be a "public building".
That is incorrect. I own a private business in which I invite the public. However if they come in and don't like the way I run my business, then I don't offer them my services, and I tell them to leave. With few exceptions, government cannot do that. They are required to serve the citizenry.
I also do not smoke but I did for years, from 10 yrs. old to 30 yrs. old with a couple of short-lived failings in-between(in-between 30 and now). I do not care what anybody puts in their mouth or lungs, however I do have a problem when their choice interferes with my intake of oxygen.
If you believe that someone else's "choice" interferes with your O2 intake, you should avoid those people, instead of running whining to Big Brother to attempt to force people to conform to your personal preferences.

As to your point "let the public vote with their feet", I agree, let the smokers go someplace else (outside Michigan) and shoot pool. I prefer not to be killed by their smoke.
It's pretty obvious that big government and their labor union cohorts have ruined employment in Michigan in general, and Detroit in specific. So it may be that smokers and non-smokers alike will be going "someplace else." And Dennis, you're not going to be killed by secondhand cigarette smoke.

Doc

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
gulfportdoc said:
That is incorrect. I own a private business in which I invite the public. However if they come in and don't like the way I run my business, then I don't offer them my services, and I tell them to leave. With few exceptions, government cannot do that. They are required to serve the citizenry.
If you believe that someone else's "choice" interferes with your O2 intake, you should avoid those people, instead of running whining to Big Brother to attempt to force people to conform to your personal preferences.

It's pretty obvious that big government and their labor union cohorts have ruined employment in Michigan in general, and Detroit in specific. So it may be that smokers and non-smokers alike will be going "someplace else." And Dennis, you're not going to be killed by secondhand cigarette smoke.

Doc

Doc,

You own a private business that is subject to hundreds of city, state, county and federal laws as to how, when, where and in what manner it must be operated. If the general public can walk freely into your business then it's a public building, whether it's your business or not. You may be the King in your Kingdom but you are only the King of your employees and customers. You follow many more laws and rules than you make others follow.

I don't go running whining about smoke either. I'm simply happy that I don't have to breathe it, that's all. Why can't I be happy about it?

We do agree on at least one thing though, I'm not going to be killed by secondhand smoke:) .

P.S. I love the way you tied in the "Big Government" & "Labor Union Cohorts" theme. I knew it was coming sooner or later. I do agree for the most part with the labor union cohorts part of it though and I would throw in auto companies run by morons who have no idea what the public wants in a car.

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
gulfportdoc said:
And Dennis, you're not going to be killed by secondhand cigarette smoke.
Doc

Cowboy Dennis said:
Doc,

We do agree on at least one thing though, I'm not going to be killed by secondhand smoke:) .

Dennis

You guys are probably correct. BUT it isn't written in stone. I had a tumor removed from my vocal cord and the "experts" were sure I'd been a heavy smoker. I've never smoked, but I've spent a lot of time in smoky ole bars and pool halls.
Rod <------- fresh air and sunshine nauseate me. :D

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
You guys are probably correct. BUT it isn't written in stone. I had a tumor removed from my vocal cord and the "experts" were sure I'd been a heavy smoker. I've never smoked, but I've spent a lot of time in smoky ole bars and pool halls.
Rod <------- fresh air and sunshine nauseate me. :D

Rod,

My next older sister died of lung cancer at 59 years of age. She never smoked (or drank) in her life...nor did her husband of 30 years. She was a stay at home mom, lived in a pristine evironment, her entire life.

My oldest sister, and my mother smoked and drank, (hard and heavy) all their lives...Mom died at 87, my sis at 86, both cancer free, when they went...go figure !

From what I've been able to absorb...most people either have a gene, that from birth, can make you susceptable to different forms of Cancer, or they have resided in various "cancer prone pockets"...regions throughout the world, where the cancer rate is off the charts.

Not defending the stupid habit of smoking....just sayin'. Can't blame non-smoker's for not wanting to tempt fate.

Last edited: