Danny Smith v Tony Chohan One Pocket 8 ahead $10,000 entry

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

This is HIGHLY enjoyable. Worth every penny IMO.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Richie and Danny playing 1k a game entry anybody that had a pass for tony and danny can watch free bonus match

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Tony wins first set.

new set is same handicap but...........if any ball goes in on break it's a re-rack.

Same event pass works until Saturday at 9am.

Ray

stopping at 11pm tonight.

Not sure how Tony was doing it but he made a ball on the break
about 4 or 5 times the 1st set that was almost half of his breaks in the set he made a ball. Hard for Danny to fade that giving up 10/8 many games they were playing 10/5 or 10/6 before Danny even shot.

2nd set they changed the rule to ball on the break is a rerack and
at one point Tony made a ball on the break 3 breaks in a row and had to rerack each time wow
and they were not playing rack your own Danny was racking for Tony.I have never seen a ball made on the break so many times by a player as Tony did in this match.

DANNY UP 4 GAMES 2ND SET at the End of play on Day 2
Play will start back 5pm eastern thurs day 3
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
RAY
great job
im enjoying the match
live stream has been without any glitches
thanks for providing this match and all the matches you bring to us

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It will be interesting to see how Tony's game handles being behind in light of Billy I's comments about how the 10% rust might effect Tony. He led all of the first set that I watched, and generally played pretty aggressively. I missed last nights play but reading that Tony starts today down 4 games, lost games now carry a looming heavy shadow. I know I would tend to play more cautiously myself, trying to bear down in my thinking and my execution.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

It will be interesting to see how Tony's game handles being behind in light of Billy I's comments about how the 10% rust might effect Tony. He led all of the first set that I watched, and generally played pretty aggressively. I missed last nights play but reading that Tony starts today down 4 games, lost games now carry a looming heavy shadow. I know I would tend to play more cautiously myself, trying to bear down in my thinking and my execution.

Good question Steve. I watched most of both nights and IMO Tony did not adjust much if any. Also Danny definitely played better last night and raised the bar with both his shotmaking and position play. Damn he's strong.

That said, I am rooting for Tony all the way. Also hoping that if Danny does win and get even.... They run it back again :)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I have been very impressed with Danny's game for some time now, he's a very dedicated player who keeps himself in great physical shape. Once again he has quieted the doubters that have questioned his ability as a player feeling that one pocket can't be played successfully playing the style that Danny plays. Accu-Stats has added Smith to the menu of champions that are going to be competing in the next "Make It Happen" event in June, by my request. I believe that it's players like Smith that peaks the interest of all one pocket enthusiast with his style of play, particularly the way he moves his cue ball. Danny has an extremely good cue ball which is evidenced when he's working it around and between balls, to gain either a safe position or a position to continue runs. He elevates as well as the best, consistently striking balls with "uncanny" accuracy. Take special notice to how well he elevates in today's play, he's a very special player in that regard, and of course in many other areas as well.:heh

Danny is in great stroke and he's giving it his best but I suspect that he'll wear down eventually and Tony will win this match possibly before play ends in day one. However, if Danny can remain competitive through day one then imo Danny has certainly reached upper echelon status.

The above is from a post that I made earlier in this thread #21 Both Tony and Danny were playing well with the score being 4 for Smith and 6 for Tony and I was thinking that as well as Danny was playing he's trailing by two games, wow, Danny has really got his work cut out for him and if he can pull this off then imo he has reached "upper echelon" status.

By no means is this session over in spite of how well Danny looks, what this match has told me is that either of these two players can hit a stride and get seven ahead of the other player because they play very aggressively and hold up very well.

What ever happens in this match we have been treated to some of the most interesting and exciting one pocket that has been played in quite a while, really good stuff.:D

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I have been very impressed with Danny's game for some time now, he's a very dedicated player who keeps himself in great physical shape. Once again he has quieted the doubters that have questioned his ability as a player feeling that one pocket can't be played successfully playing the style that Danny plays. Accu-Stats has added Smith to the menu of champions that are going to be competing in the next "Make It Happen" event in June, by my request. I believe that it's players like Smith that peaks the interest of all one pocket enthusiast with his style of play, particularly the way he moves his cue ball. Danny has an extremely good cue ball which is evidenced when he's working it around and between balls, to gain either a safe position or a position to continue runs. He elevates as well as the best, consistently striking balls with "uncanny" accuracy. Take special notice to how well he elevates in today's play, he's a very special player in that regard, and of course in many other areas as well.:heh

The above is from a post that I made earlier in this thread #21 Both Tony and Danny were playing well with the score being 4 for Smith and 6 for Tony and I was thinking that as well as Danny was playing he's trailing by two games, wow, Danny has really got his work cut out for him and if he can pull this off then imo he has reached "upper echelon" status.

By no means is this session over in spite of how well Danny looks, what this match has told me is that either of these two players can hit a stride and get seven ahead of the other player because they play very aggressively and hold up very well.

What ever happens in this match we have been treated to some of the most interesting and exciting one pocket that has been played in quite a while, really good stuff.:D

Dr. Bill

I would like to elaborate a little more on how I assess Danny Smiths game in comparison to Chohans. Danny is a very aggressive player as well as Chohan, however, Danny plays a higher risk game because he takes more chances with his cue ball, and a good cue ball he has.:D If you notice when he's playing that he'll gamble on moving balls with his cue ball and at the same time moving OB's either to his pocket, or in his pocket. He's got a great feel for the expected results he'll get with moving his cue ball into other balls, and he' doesn't hesitate when making such decisions, a testament to his ability, and also to how comfortable he is in playing his game. He trust his instincts, as all champions do, or should. Is his play bordering on the line of haphazardness? you betcha, but maybe not to him, his win loss record speaks for itself. However, I wouldn't try the things he does, and I wouldn't advise most any one else to try them too..but you can take a page out of his book whenever you think it may be appropriate.;):D

Chohan also plays an aggressive game, mostly with his shooting and banking skills. He doesn't take nearly the chances with his cue ball that Danny does, but he's very effective, none the less. Chohan plays more like an aggressive Richie Richeson, always moving balls toward his pocket by either banking or executing power shots, but he plays with a more reliable cue ball when he's performing.

Both players are fun to watch, and there will be big swings in the score because of how they both play, which lends to the excitement that we all love to watch.

Dr. Bill

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Great insight as always Dr. One other comment about Tony's play. He seems to be extremely good at banking a ball towards his whole while hiding the cue in or behind the stack at the same time. Of course that is a shot that we all know, but his consistency with hiding the Q has really impressed me.

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
Danny Smith v Tony Chohan

Danny Smith v Tony Chohan

I heard that Richie and Danny played after the match. Anyone know who won?
Carla in California wishing I was in Detroit!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Great insight as always Dr. One other comment about Tony's play. He seems to be extremely good at banking a ball towards his whole while hiding the cue in or behind the stack at the same time. Of course that is a shot that we all know, but his consistency with hiding the Q has really impressed me.

Tony is fun to watch play, his aggressive mentality is exciting to watch and he has the skills to execute his thoughts. He handles the cue ball well and his speed control is graceful, especially for such a big man. I'm very impressed with his ability to execute considering where he's been and for how long he was there. Tony will be playing his best game in a matter of a month or two, at least that's what I see based on his ability to execute in his match against Danny.

There's a lot to be learned from watching these two guys going at one another, not so much in their shot selection but in their thought process. Playing an aggressive game is an art, and both these guys play it well. It's more fun for the player that can make their opponent change the way they play and think, aggressive players have a knack for doing that.;)

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I heard that Richie and Danny played after the match. Anyone know who won?
Carla in California wishing I was in Detroit!

Good afternoon..I mean good morning:D yes, Danny won three games. Danny Smith is a monster, anyone that can give Richie Richeson a ball (9/8) and win has to play lights out.

Enjoy your day, nice hearing from you.

Bill Incardona

Henry

Verified Member
This is the most educational and entertaining pool I have ever seen. As Billy says there is a contrast is styles I personally prefer the way Tony plays which means very little as far as the out come. I learned a long time ago there is no right way to play the guy that wins is the guy that gets the balls in his hole first.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Tony wins first 3 games to bring it back within 2. (11-9). Danny on hill this game. (7-1)