Danny Smith v Tony Chohan One Pocket 8 ahead $10,000 entry

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Danny and Tony played last week 10/8 and Danny won not sure the wager
But we have a rematch March 24, 25th & ?? Danny Smith v Tony Chohan One Pocket 8 ahead $10,000 entry Tony getting 10/8 handicap this match will be streamed go to www.poolactiontv.com for details.
Big Truck Ray Hansen does a great job on these streams this will be a great match

Capture.JPG

baby huey

Verified Member
I didn't know Tony had gotten out of jail? I'm happy for him. We need him back to playing and being his silly self. If he got out recently, I'm curious as to if he is in playing shape after being away from the game for so long? Does anyone know where his match is going to be played?

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
I didn't know Tony had gotten out of jail? I'm happy for him. We need him back to playing and being his silly self. If he got out recently, I'm curious as to if he is in playing shape after being away from the game for so long? Does anyone know where his match is going to be played?
March 24th, 25th + ??
Hall Of Fame Billiards Werren, MI - (586) 264-2881

Bigtruck

Verified Member
They did play for a smaller amount last week.

Danny gave 10/8 and Tony won. They adjusted to 9/8 and Danny won. They played a third set 10/8 9/8 and Danny won.

This should be an interesting match. Tony Chohan coming off of a 6 yr hiatus from the game and Danny Smith being red hot right now. Tony is getting a handicap of 10/8 from Danny for the entire match

March 24th, 25th + ??
Hall Of Fame Billiards Werren, MI - (586) 264-2881
1 Pocket
8 Ahead
$10,000.00 entry

Deeman

Verified Member

Jerry,

I heard that T-Rex had access to a pool table in Federal lock-up. Didn't know they had this! Not sure how good the competition would have been but anything had to help keep his mind working, in a way.

Maybe I don't have to worry about being "sent up" for those 1986 taxes as I thought. :)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Jerry,

I heard that T-Rex had access to a pool table in Federal lock-up. Didn't know they had this! Not sure how good the competition would have been but anything had to help keep his mind working, in a way.

Maybe I don't have to worry about being "sent up" for those 1986 taxes as I thought. :)

I heard it was a 4 x 8, but hitting balls on anything, especially while incarcerated had to be a good thing for Tony. Mixing it up right away with the top dog of the young guns is a good sign.

I am really looking forward to watching his match. They could set a record for how many games completed in the shortest time.:lol

Deeman

Verified Member
I heard it was a 4 x 8, but hitting balls on anything, especially while incarcerated had to be a good thing for Tony. Mixing it up right away with the top dog of the young guns is a good sign.

I am really looking forward to watching his match. They could set a record for how many games completed in the shortest time.:lol

John,

On first thought I'd think Tony would be in a fix in only getting two balls from this youngster but then I remember this is Tony we are talking about and we have seen him in some incredible wins. As well, I think he's about the hardest player to "shake" in a tough match.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well they both must be satisfied and comfortable with the spot, or they wouldn't be playing. Tony would seem to have the edge, since he prevailed getting the same spot in a prior match-up.

My feeling is that Danny will take advantage of Tony's likely inclination to give him a chance to shoot, owing to Tony's style of play. Whereas a player like Gabe would play Danny a lot tighter. So it could be a shootout, with lots of ball running.

I haven't seen Danny play much, but he's certainly been on a roll, and most likely very confident. Yet Tony is very tenacious...

~Doc

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I really respect Danny's game, how can you not considering who he's beaten and his "coolness" when at the table. He plays a very fast game and understands it well, however, Tony plays a similar game and strikes balls well enough to be a presence that Danny will have to respect, or learn to respect. They both are long winded players though I don't think the sessions are going to exceed a certain period of time. Ray Hansen (Big Truck) usually has the players put a time limit on the hours played to accommodate the viewers. However, if the players insist they want to play longer hours then Ray will agree, but that hasn't happened.

Tony is still a young man and will probably benefit from the session he and Danny played last week, more than Danny will. Both players love to play and will enjoy playing with one another probably as much as we will watching the match. If I had to bet on this match I would bet on Tony getting 10/8.

Dr. Bill

JAM

Verified Member
Tony said he tries to practice, but practicing is just not as exciting for him as being in action. Action for Tony is the best practice, I guess, playing under pressure. ;)

His sparring partner and backer will be flying in a few days before the match and coach Tony and get him in shape for the big event.

Keith is rooting for Tony, but he said he believes the other guy may win because of being in combat. I hope Keith is wrong. We both want Tony to win, of course. :)

Tony wants to win, I know. This is a huge spot for someone of Tony's caliber. If he practices and gets in dead stroke, the other guy can't win, in my opinion.

I'm glad to see Tony get back in the saddle again. This will help boost his self-confidence and allow his game to soar.

baby huey

Verified Member
I really can't predict a winner here. Danny has been in tough competition lately and is battle tested. Tony has a big heart but is not in playing shape regardless of how much practice he gets. What I think is going to happen is that if Tony can hang for a while, he's going to start to remember how to play one pocket and all the nuances of the game may start to come back to him. And, if this set goes on and on, Tony will eventually get there. If he can't hang with Danny then its over pretty quick.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
I really respect Danny's game, how can you not considering who he's beaten and his "coolness" when at the table. He plays a very fast game and understands it well, however, Tony plays a similar game and strikes balls well enough to be a presence that Danny will have to respect, or learn to respect. They both are long winded players though I don't think the sessions are going to exceed a certain period of time. Ray Hansen (Big Truck) usually has the players put a time limit on the hours played to accommodate the viewers. However, if the players insist they want to play longer hours then Ray will agree, but that hasn't happened.

Tony is still a young man and will probably benefit from the session he and Danny played last week, more than Danny will. Both players love to play and will enjoy playing with one another probably as much as we will watching the match. If I had to bet on this match I would bet on Tony getting 10/8.

Dr. Bill

Bill,

Please give Danny a call.

Ray