D. DiLiberto vs. T. Fleharty 2000 D.C.C.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
He could not have done much worse, could he? Especially with a 6-3 lead. Shooting the ball on the spot was a good idea - only if he made it. He risked a lot and lost it.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
He could not have done much worse, could he? Especially with a 6-3 lead. Shooting the ball on the spot was a good idea - only if he made it. He risked a lot and lost it.

He hit the shot as bad as humanly possible, because of it he got the worst kiss possible. So he did as bad as he possibly could and he is still winning 6 to 5.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
He hit the shot as bad as humanly possible, because of it he got the worst kiss possible. So he did as bad as he possibly could and he is still winning 6 to 5.

Agreed...plus he also missed, by hitting the bottom rail first with the duece, (meaning a fuller hit on the duece) thereby CAUSING the double kiss on the 15..This re-enforces my thinking, that the shot lays naturally, and shot with the proper speed..you should remove the 15, almost every time...Also anxious to see who won that particular game, and the match...IMHO, Toby was the better one pocket player, at the time..:cool:

PS..RBL, you know what you can do with your 'fish' cookie !..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Dick, shooting the 2ball from the position he was shooting it from is not an easy hit. There are going to be times when the shot is hit poorly, simply because it' s a tough hit. Believe it or not he could of scratched with the shot, double kiss scratches must be factored into the decision with this shot.

Another thing, if the 9ball was laying good for the double bank it's miles the better shot over the 2ball. Double banking the 9ball carries the speed to position the 9ball close to the pocket a very high percentage of the time. Not only that but it's a very makeable shot, plus you never scratch or leave anything easy off the shot.

Another thing, people say you shouldn't bring another ball down table with the lead that you have here. Bullshit, If the shot is the right shot bringing it down table will win for you, as opposed to possibly struggling to gain a favorable position. I have often needing only one ball with two balls on the table brought the second ball down table to keep my opponent on defense. There are many scenarios when bringing balls down table (regardless of the score) will benefit you.

If the double bank is laying good I will take a player that plays even with Hacker and shoot the double bank, and Hacker can shoot the 2ball (and draw the ball:eek:) and play a freeze out for whatever he wants. Plus i'll give him 25% of his money back. What do you say Hacker? Is that good enough for your ..no gambling azz.:heh Or would you prefer to play someone 80 years old?:rolleyes:

Dr. Bill

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Anyone 2 railing the 9 ball please show where you are leaving the cueball

I don't think anybody shooting this shot will go forward with the cue ball. Since the nine ball needs to be cut slightly on the left side using left bottom on the cue ball to pull to the short rail and then to the long rail next to the ball at the top left. Simple to do.
I shot this on my table a number of times and got good results every time. I have no problem in taking another ball to that area in this situation. Regardless of the score.
If I forced myself to shoot at the two, using draw would be out of the question from that distance. This is not an ordinary spot shot, considering where the cue ball is at. When I was younger maybe I would consider that. But these days I know that adding just that much more to the shot cuts down the percentage of making the two ball. I would shoot at it like SJD says.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I don't think anybody shooting this shot will go forward with the cue ball. Since the nine ball needs to be cut slightly on the left side using left bottom on the cue ball to pull to the short rail and then to the long rail next to the ball at the top left. Simple to do.
I shot this on my table a number of times and got good results every time. I have no problem in taking another ball to that area in this situation. Regardless of the score.
If I forced myself to shoot at the two, using draw would be out of the question from that distance. This is not an ordinary spot shot, considering where the cue ball is at. When I was younger maybe I would consider that. But these days I know that adding just that much more to the shot cuts down the percentage of making the two ball. I would shoot at it like SJD says.

Thank you Frank, shooting the 2ball and drawing the shot is a losing proposition when leading 6-3.:sorry It's a rediculously poor choice, if you're going to shoot it then shoot it like Toby did. Shooting the shot like Toby did, increases your make percentage, and cuts down on your sell out results. Anyone that can't see that needs to take some common sense lessons.:sorry Sorry if I hurt some feelings.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Thank you Frank, shooting the 2ball and drawing the shot is a losing proposition when leading 6-3.:sorry It's a rediculously poor choice, if you're going to shoot it then shoot it like Toby did. Shooting the shot like Toby did, increases your make percentage, and cuts down on your sell out results. Anyone that can't see that needs to take some common sense lessons.:sorry Sorry if I hurt some feelings.

Dr. Bill

Billy its your ego that gets you into trouble and made you a target. I still havent seen 1 person show where they are going to leave the cueball 2 railing the 9 ball. Billy there is a difference when needing 2 balls and your opponent needs 1 ball and bringing the 2nd ball down table then having a 6 to 3 lead and bringing a 3rd ball down table that you are not going to make but get close alot of times. You have a ball on the spot that is a cut for your opponent from anywhere down 6 to 3. You are leaving the 15 ball by his pocket. If you draw back when shooting the 2 railer on the 9 ball, if the 9 ball stops by your pocket on the side rail you leave a bank on it. If the 9 ball stops by your pocket on the end rail you leave an easy to execute 2 rail kick at the 9 ball. If you hang it your opponent follows it in and you are up 6 to 2 instead of 6 to 3, you have ball in hand behind the headstring with nothing makeable. THEN I ALMOST FORGOT... IF YOU MAKE IT WHICH ACCORDING TO YOU ITS LIKE 70-30 YOUR FAVOR:rolleyes: you would have done something good. Its amazing that for 3 days you said the safe on the 15 ball was the shot and you wanted to bet on that... now this....maybe in another 3 days you will say the guy shooting should take an intentional:eek::sorry. Seeing how you are the voice of accustats(its a good thing Pat Flemming dont read this:lol) Im going to let YOU and your EGO play a kid I give 9 to 7 and who has never won, this scenario. You are too scared to play this scenario with me maybe you will muster up the guts to play a kid you play BETTER than:D Come on Billy... people want to see the voice of accustats in action
P.> No hard feelings buddy

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Dr. Bill

I agree with that statement.

Of the six times I missed the 2, I only sold out once. Thats a winning percentage. Toby just choked badly. We have all missed shots that we should have made with our eyes closed:frus Its still the best overall shot

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Billy the title of thread is What Would YOU Do so if we were playing each other what would your shot be? you are saying that you would shoot the 9 ball 2 railer in this situation.. so whats the problem? you and I can play this scenario out. Or are you saying against me you would do something else? Please dont tell me that's your answer. Is your excuse going to be that since I play better than you it isn't fair and your shot isn't as good? If thats the case than WHAT WOULD YOU shoot against someone who plays better than you? If you wouldn't shoot the 9 ball against someone who plays better than you than what would you do? What would your shot be against Efren Reyes?

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I agree with that statement.

Of the six times I missed the 2, I only sold out once. Thats a winning percentage. Toby just choked badly. We have all missed shots that we should have made with our eyes closed:frus Its still the best overall shot

by the way the 1 time you sold out how many balls would you have given up?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Billy its your ego that gets you into trouble and made you a target. ( I think you're wrong again, it's not my ego that makes me a target...it's my age and money...)I still havent seen 1 person show where they are going to leave the cueball 2 railing the 9 ball. (It's a somple quick draw stroke that is easy to execute. You draw the cue ball close to the ball positioned at the top left of the table.) Billy there is a difference when needing 2 balls and your opponent needs 1 ball and bringing the 2nd ball down table then having a 6 to 3 lead and bringing a 3rd ball down table that you are not going to make but get close alot of times.( Wrong again. Same principle, you bring the third ball down to put pressure on your opponet and to SAFELY get away from a potentially losing shot on the 2ball.) You have a ball on the spot that is a cut for your opponent from anywhere down 6 to 3. You are leaving the 15 ball by his pocket. (I understand everything you say and you are right about leaving a cut on the 2ball on the spot, but a very difficult cut which I don't mind him shooting) If you draw back when shooting the 2 railer on the 9 ball, if the 9 ball stops by your pocket on the side rail you leave a bank on it. ( Not true. The angle of the two rail shot on the 9ball lends to a safe final position with the 9ball. I shot the shot to know how strong it is, it's miles the better shot than the 2ball cut...especially if you draw it...)If the 9 ball stops by your pocket on the end rail you leave an easy to execute 2 rail kick at the 9 ball. If you hang it your opponent follows it in and you are up 6 to 2 instead of 6 to 3, you have ball in hand behind the headstring with nothing makeable. ( Com-on man you can do better than that, those are some pretty weak if's) THEN I ALMOST FORGOT... IF YOU MAKE IT WHICH ACCORDING TO YOU ITS LIKE 70-30 YOUR FAVOR:rolleyes: you would have done something good. Its amazing that for 3 days you said the safe on the 15 ball was the shot and you wanted to bet on that... now this....maybe in another 3 days you will say the guy shooting should take an intentional:eek::sorry. (I said that the shot on the 15ball was a better shot than drawing the 2ball, and it is. However if the angle on the two rail bank with the 9ball is laying good then there's really no choice it's much the better choice of ALL the options). Seeing how you are the voice of accustats(its a good thing Pat Flemming dont read this:lol) Im going to let YOU and your EGO play a kid I give 9 to 7 and who has never won, this scenario. You are too scared to play this scenario with me maybe you will muster up the guts to play a kid you play BETTER than:D ( Why do you continually talk to me like i'm one of your pupils that you can trick? You have a lot to learn about hustling, trust me on that.)Come on Billy... people want to see the voice of accustats in action (I won't mind playing you on a streamed match with the game you made so the people can see me in action, however you seem to be the one with the excuses...as usual..)
P.> No hard feelings buddy

No hard feelings at all "pal" You know, I think it's safe to say that I have hit at least 1,000,000 more balls than you...played many more games of pool than you....played much better players than you for over 50 years....beat many more champions than you...PLAYING EVEN...and still today at my age will get in the box and play anyone in the world that wants to play. What have you done? And who will you play? Based off how how you talk to people it suggest to me that you're one of the best...if not the best one pocket player in the world. Who have you beaten? Who do you want to play? "oops" Me of course.:lol

I'm still waiting to hear you say that you'll take my offer about ...you shooting the 2ball (drawing it) and a player your equal shooting the two rail bank on the 9ball. AND don't forget the part about You getting 25% of everything you lose back.:D After you lose. No hard feelings, "buddy":)

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
No hard feelings at all "pal" You know, I think it's safe to say that I have hit at least 1,000,000 more balls than you...played many more games of pool than you....played much better players than you for over 50 years....beat many more champions than you...PLAYING EVEN...and still today at my age will get in the box and play anyone in the world that wants to play. What have you done? And who will you play? Based off how how you talk to people it suggest to me that you're one of the best...if not the best one pocket player in the world. Who have you beaten? Who do you want to play? "oops" Me of course.:lol

I'm still waiting to hear you say that you'll take my offer about ...you shooting the 2ball (drawing it) and a player your equal shooting the two rail bank on the 9ball. AND don't forget the part about You getting 25% of everything you lose back.:D After you lose. No hard feelings, "buddy":)

Dr. Bill

Billy you are right about one thing you have DEFINITELY hit over 1,000,000 balls than me. Im waiting for you to back up YOUR shot selection by getting in the box and shooting it YOURSELF.. This is WHAT WOULD YOU DO BILLY not what you would have someone else shoot. Billy YOUR opinion of how I play means NOTHING to me. Your opinions and .35 might get me a phone call:sorry You are and have been a pool player, that was YOUR GOAL in life and congratulations on accomplishing that. I never wanted to be a pool player, I did it because I was good at it and made money at it. So when I need money I pick out a ego maniac(like yourself) who has money and overrates their game and I relieve them of that money. Pool is a complete dead end and I realize that. Look at Cliff Joyner considered the 2nd best one pocket player for a long time and not a pot to piss in. Look at the "Hall of Fame" on here, 90% died broke or are broke...no thanks. Now if I was single like yourself I might and probably would have different feelings about the game but being married I dont. The bottom line in all of this is you got played for a fish not once but twice and it pisses you off, like I have said 5 times already...get over it. You have beat alot more people than me and you HAVE ALSO LOST TO WAYYYY MORE PEOPLE THAN ME..you cant leave that part out William. Let me know if you want to SHOOT YOUR SHOT since THIS IS WHAT WOULD YOU DO.
P.S. In conclusion in this WHAT WOULD YOU DO scenario Billy I. i guess would forfeit seeing how he wont shoot his own shot LMFAO
Remember Billy you are 0-2 against me, although the way you talk people might think you BEAT ME

tylerdurden

Verified Member
As far as im concerned toby shot the right ball but didn't shoot it the right way. You have to draw into the side rail and kick the 15 over. Can't take a chance of the double kiss which is exactly what happened. Interesting it took Billy 7 seconds commentating the match to say 2 rail the 9 ball and for 3 days he said play safe on the 15 ball. Of all three options, 2 railing the 9 ball was the worst choice. Bringing another ball down table in this situation is horrible. I wonder why Toby didn't 2 rail the 9 ball... The guys who dont like a little woofing must not have spent much time in poolrooms...it comes with the game.

Hacker, in post 14 of this thread you seem to indicate by way of agreeing with duck that going straight into the 15 is the shot. Did you change your mind elsewhere and I missed it? Or you weren't saying you'd play it that way in that post?

I do agree that it was hard to sell out that bad, but you could have scratched off the 15 (slight chance but possible if overamp or something), you could sell out the 2 by rattling it and it shooting over there, and of course can sell out a bank with position.... small percentages, but worth considering.

I can see a strong opponent getting 3 from here btw, and then a free bank. Or at least 2 and a free bank. I'm not sure where this "6-5" is coming from.

My hopefully final thought on this shot is if I shoot that 2, I want to be shooting that 2, and not focusing on a delicate billiard/speed. I don't like that shot, but as i've mentioned I dont shoot as straight as you.

I still can't believe i'm disagreeing with mcduck, but it happens sometimes. Anyway. Good discussion to all.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Billy you are right about one thing you have DEFINITELY hit over 1,000,000 balls than me. Im waiting for you to back up YOUR shot selection by getting in the box and shooting it YOURSELF.. This is WHAT WOULD YOU DO BILLY not what you would have someone else shoot. Billy YOUR opinion of how I play means NOTHING to me. Your opinions and .35 might get me a phone call:sorry You are and have been a pool player, that was YOUR GOAL in life and congratulations on accomplishing that. I never wanted to be a pool player, I did it because I was good at it and made money at it. So when I need money I pick out a ego maniac(like yourself) who has money and overrates their game and I relieve them of that money. Pool is a complete dead end and I realize that. Look at Cliff Joyner considered the 2nd best one pocket player for a long time and not a pot to piss in. Look at the "Hall of Fame" on here, 90% died broke or are broke...no thanks. Now if I was single like yourself I might and probably would have different feelings about the game but being married I dont. The bottom line in all of this is you got played for a fish not once but twice and it pisses you off, like I have said 5 times already...get over it. You have beat alot more people than me and you HAVE ALSO LOST TO WAYYYY MORE PEOPLE THAN ME..you cant leave that part out William. Let me know if you want to SHOOT YOUR SHOT since THIS IS WHAT WOULD YOU DO.
P.S. In conclusion in this WHAT WOULD YOU DO scenario Billy I. i guess would forfeit seeing how he wont shoot his own shot LMFAO
Remember Billy you are 0-2 against me, although the way you talk people might think you BEAT ME

Hacker, I have lost many times playing pool, and after I turned 60 my winning percentage dropped to like 20%. I am use to losing to players like you and even players that play under you. You call yourself smart because you beat me...I say you're a losing gambler because of how much you won. And I had to... beg you guy's... to play for more money. You keep saying I was a target...TARGET WOW!! You got your "target" down and bet ...a whole $1,000 a set. After you cut up the money with your "3" stake horses you won $330 enough for you to play your slot machine with. Please don't tell me about how much you play pool and why you don't play more, it's getting pretty stupid sounding this constant mentioning of ...how it's not worth your time to play. How much are you earning spending half the day in front of your computer? What type of satisfaction are you getting punching "keyboard key's" You should be at the... pool room...playing that young guy you keep trying to hustle on me, giving him 9/7.:lol

You keep avoiding the question about ...you shooting the 2ball and a player your equal shooting the two rail bank on the 9ball, plus you getting a 25% refund...after you lose with your great shot. It's not what I would do, it's ...what do you want to do about my proposal?

I have another proposal for you. You are at least 2 balls the better player, understanding this I will play you the prop with you shooting the 2ball and I shooting the double bank on the 9ball. All you need to do is lay me odds every game, like $500 to $400 or $1,000 to $800. Now that's not much for a player like you to lay against a player like me, especially since you get to shoot your winning shot with the 2ball. ...Don't forget to draw the ball...:p:D

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Hacker, in post 14 of this thread you seem to indicate by way of agreeing with duck that going straight into the 15 is the shot. Did you change your mind elsewhere and I missed it? Or you weren't saying you'd play it that way in that post?

I do agree that it was hard to sell out that bad, but you could have scratched off the 15 (slight chance but possible if overamp or something), you could sell out the 2 by rattling it and it shooting over there, and of course can sell out a bank with position.... small percentages, but worth considering.

I can see a strong opponent getting 3 from here btw, and then a free bank. Or at least 2 and a free bank. I'm not sure where this "6-5" is coming from.

My hopefully final thought on this shot is if I shoot that 2, I want to be shooting that 2, and not focusing on a delicate billiard/speed. I don't like that shot, but as i've mentioned I dont shoot as straight as you.

Anyway. Good discussion to all.

In post #14 I agreed with SJD on definitely shooting the 2 ball, that shouldn't even be a discussion. If you notice I said shooting the 2 ball and getting behind the 12 ball(meant 15 ball). I haven't been to a poolhall in weeks so I have not set this up and looked at it. From what Im looking at Im very comfortable shooting the 2 ball and drawing into the side rail and nudging the 15 ball closer to my pocket. I may however when I set this up change my mind and shoot middle english playing to make the 2 ball and bank the 15 ball up table which is what Toby tried. One thing for CERTAIN is im definitely shooting the 2 ball I am not going to change my mind on which ball to shoot. If you miss the 2 ball with draw and completely sell out the 15 ball, the ball is going 3 rails down to the end rail(Toby played a softer hit the way he played the shot than he would have with draw. With draw the 2 ball would have went all the way to the end rail.) So your opponent can get the 15 ball and maybe the 9 ball. Thats why I said 6 to 5. BY THE WAY.. the reason im drawing the shot is Im playing to win the game right now not make the 2 ball and bump the 15 up table and then play safe. The reason IM SHOOTING the 2 ball is I WANT TO WIN THE GAME with the shot.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Hacker, I have lost many times playing pool, and after I turned 60 my winning percentage dropped to like 20%. I am use to losing to players like you and even players that play under you. You call yourself smart because you beat me...I say you're a losing gambler because of how much you won. And I had to... beg you guy's... to play for more money. You keep saying I was a target...TARGET WOW!! You got your "target" down and bet ...a whole $1,000 a set. After you cut up the money with your "3" stake horses you won $330 enough for you to play your slot machine with. Please don't tell me about how much you play pool and why you don't play more, it's getting pretty stupid sounding this constant mentioning of ...how it's not worth your time to play. How much are you earning spending half the day in front of your computer? What type of satisfaction are you getting punching "keyboard key's" You should be at the... pool room...playing that young guy you keep trying to hustle on me, giving him 9/7.:lol

You keep avoiding the question about ...you shooting the 2ball and a player your equal shooting the two rail bank on the 9ball, plus you getting a 25% refund...after you lose with your great shot. It's not what I would do, it's ...what do you want to do about my proposal?

I have another proposal for you. You are at least 2 balls the better player, understanding this I will play you the prop with you shooting the 2ball and I shooting the double bank on the 9ball. All you need to do is lay me odds every game, like $500 to $400 or $1,000 to $800. Now that's not much for a player like you to lay against a player like me, especially since you get to shoot your winning shot with the 2ball. ...Don't forget to draw the ball...:p:D

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member

Dr. Bill

Im going to make over 6 figures between my 3 businesses this year.. not a bad first year right Billy?:D Im sitting in my office right now on the computer with 25 people making me money.. sweet gig if you can get it William:p this is entertainment for me Billy. This for YOU is about your pride being hurt that you were played for a fool...once again GET OVER IT !! or start seeing a therapist. The best thing that happened to me was the way my backers were afraid to pull the trigger on betting more(after I told them I was stealing..AND I WAS) THEY SAVED YOU MONEY!! However it turned me completely off to pool again and February 1st I started focusing all my efforts on my businesses and Im way more happy not playing. I will however come out of retirement to play YOU this scenario.. Billy do you know how stupid you sound when you wont even shoot YOUR OWN SHOT!! :lol:lol:lol As far as the kid I give 9 to 7 to... you and I can bet WHATEVER you want and you can call anyone you want down here and check whether or not I give him 9 to 7 and he has never won... He plays everyday and I know he wont dump me playing you so Im comfortable letting him shoot the shot. I myself would have to go hit balls to play someone my speed and right now that isn't going to happen... Just think Billy what are you worried about? when you shoot you will be up 6 to 3 and shooting the 2 railer... SOMEONE who MOVES as great as YOU THINK you do should win every game your the shooter.. so what the hell are you scared of?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Im going to make over 6 figures between my 3 businesses this year.. not a bad first year right Billy?:D Im sitting in my office right now on the computer with 25 people making me money.. sweet gig if you can get it William:p this is entertainment for me Billy. This for YOU is about your pride being hurt that you were played for a fool...once again GET OVER IT !! or start seeing a therapist. The best thing that happened to me was the way my backers were afraid to pull the trigger on betting more(after I told them I was stealing..AND I WAS) THEY SAVED YOU MONEY!! However it turned me completely off to pool again and February 1st I started focusing all my efforts on my businesses and Im way more happy not playing. I will however come out of retirement to play YOU this scenario.. Billy do you know how stupid you sound when you wont even shoot YOUR OWN SHOT!! :lol:lol:lol As far as the kid I give 9 to 7 to... you and I can bet WHATEVER you want and you can call anyone you want down here and check whether or not I give him 9 to 7 and he has never won... He plays everyday and I know he wont dump me playing you so Im comfortable letting him shoot the shot. I myself would have to go hit balls to play someone my speed and right now that isn't going to happen... Just think Billy what are you worried about? when you shoot you will be up 6 to 3 and shooting the 2 railer... SOMEONE who MOVES as great as YOU THINK you do should win every game your the shooter.. so what the hell are you scared of?

Glad to hear you're doing well, now possibly...you will be a target....but one thing is for sure....You'll be a much larger target than me...:lol

Dr. Bill