D. DiLiberto vs. T. Fleharty 2000 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Funny how we think in situations like this one. Dick wants to fire in the 2ball:lol... come on man....onepockethacker agrees:confused: I really don't think he would. However, that's the shot I would like him to shoot.

There's only one option for me leading by three balls (6-3). And that is to shoot off the ...left side of the 15ball and travel ...2 cushions..... around the spotted 2ball, and hopefully end up near the ball in the top left of the table. But not too far down table where i'll leave a cross bank on the 9ball. But if I shot as straight as The Hacker...i'd do the same thing...:)

Dr. Bill

Anyone who could ever think that the 2 ball is the shot must have a stroke like God:confused:. How many of you have one of those??? Look again at the layout guys, you're up 6-3. How I hate agreeing with Cardone but the 2 is not the shot:sorry.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I think Brumback wouid have double banked the 9 ball..I think Dr. Bill would have cut the 9 straight in..I think Toby would have fired at the duece..My neighbor never even heard of one pocket, you idiot !..I shall wait until all responses are in, then I will tell you what I think Artie would have done.:cool: :p

SuperDuck

I could have easily pre-wrote this response from you. You are so predictable it isn't even funny:mad:

What a dope.

RBL

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Let me be a little clearer on this for everyone. Anyone who doesn't shoot the 2 ball isn't now nor could have ever beaten anyone who can/could play!! My god I would love to play any of you guys not shooting the 2 ball... They have a term in poker for you guys... DEAD MONEY LMFAO
P.S. Unfortunately Billy you are wrong again :sorry You really are misleading everyone on here by what you are saying you would do and what you actually do when competing. When we played the only games you won is when you shot straight up in there at white flags:p Billy if you would have shot as conservative when we played as you portray yourself in these situations you would have lost 8 to 0.

Last edited:

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Anyone who could ever think that the 2 ball is the shot must have a stroke like God:confused:. How many of you have one of those??? Look again at the layout guys, you're up 6-3. How I hate agreeing with Cardone but the 2 is not the shot:sorry.

I'm not saying it's the best shot.. Just something I'd shoot if I'm feeling it.

If there was a lot riding on the game I could see shooting a more conservative option. It's not terribly difficult to shoot the two--> but if you do you better hit it good.

Dud

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'm not saying it's the best shot.. Just something I'd shoot if I'm feeling it.

If there was a lot riding on the game I could see shooting a more conservative option. It's not terribly difficult to shoot the two--> but if you do you better hit it good.

Dud

Dud,

I don't have a particular problem with shooting the 2, I do however have a problem with anyone thinking they will pocket the 2 and draw to the siderail. Look at the distance, look at the angle. That's very tough. Too tough to shoot in my estimation, for my money.

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Let me be a little clearer on this for everyone. Anyone who doesn't shoot the 2 ball isn't now nor could have ever beaten anyone who can/could play!! My god I would love to play any of you guys not shooting the 2 ball... They have a term in poker for you guys... DEAD MONEY LMFAO
P.S. Unfortunately Billy you are wrong again :sorry You really are misleading everyone on here by what you are saying you would do and what you actually do when competing. When we played the only games you won is when you shot straight up in there at white flags:p Billy if you would have shot as conservative when we played as you portray yourself in these situations you would have lost 8 to 0.

You have a lot of confidence in your ability as a player, and never pick a bad shot. But i'm still waiting for you to come to Dallas, in spite of your spectacular play.

I know ...you haven't hit a ball in 1,0234 days.:lol

Dr. Bill

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Dud,

I don't have a particular problem with shooting the 2, I do however have a problem with anyone thinking they will pocket the 2 and draw to the siderail. Look at the distance, look at the angle. That's very tough. Too tough to shoot in my estimation, for my money.

Dennis

That angle doesn't look tough to me but it's in the eye of the beholder.

Here is a shot that I would bet money on making in 3 tries. Cue ball on the head spot object ball on the foot spot. It looks impossible unless you try and shoot it. It's not that tough.

It's way worse the the angle in the original diagram.

Dud

TF's Shot1.jpg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Here is a shot that I would bet money on making in 3 tries. Cue ball on the head spot object ball on the foot spot. It looks impossible unless you try and shoot it. It's not that tough.

Dud

View attachment 7114

Dudley,

You don't have 3 tries, you have one try. You have to make the 2 and get safe if you miss, in one try, on a possibly strange table for cash. Maybe for hoo-ha you could do it but how much would you bet on one try? It's a tough shot, if it wasn't I wouldn't waste my time saying it was.

Dennis

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Dudley,

You don't have 3 tries, you have one try. You have to make the 2 and get safe if you miss, in one try, on a possibly strange table for cash. Maybe for hoo-ha you could do it but how much would you bet on one try? It's a tough shot, if it wasn't I wouldn't waste my time saying it was.

Dennis

Valid point.

To say again, If I was feeling it I would shoot it. But it probably isn't the best mathematical shot.

Dud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Dud

View attachment 7114

how do you make the other balls disappear??
:focus

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You have a lot of confidence in your ability as a player, and never pick a bad shot. But i'm still waiting for you to come to Dallas, in spite of your spectacular play.

I know ...you haven't hit a ball in 1,0234 days.:lol

Dr. Bill

Im just glad you picked more bad shots than me when we played :lol:lol:sorry As far as coming to Dallas to play pool, the guys here cant get me to come to the poolhall and I live 15 minutes away LOL As I said if you cant or wont shoot the 2 ball to win the game and if you miss you will likely give up 1 ball IF that, than quit playing pool, quit commenting on shots and go play bingo. Efren Reyes, Scott Frost, Cliff Joyner etc. etc. etc. etc. are ALL shooting the 2 ball to win.
P.S. Billy YOU would shoot the 2 ball also, remember we played so I know how you think and play. Now if you want to MISLEAD everyone on here about what YOU would shoot in this game situation go ahead but please dont BULLSHIT ME!!!:D
BILLY "WHITE FLAG" INCARDONA

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Remember everyone.. this is what YOU would do in THIS situation. Meaning you are playing a really good player Danny Diliberto. SOOOOO if you are not going to shoot the 2 ball, you are not going to beat him or anyone else. So quit wasting yourself and everyone elses time. Quit the match, payoff Danny, and go practice until you can execute the 2 ball shot

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Im just glad you picked more bad shots than me when we played :lol:lol:sorry As far as coming to Dallas to play pool, the guys here cant get me to come to the poolhall and I live 15 minutes away LOL As I said if you cant or wont shoot the 2 ball to win the game and if you miss you will likely give up 1 ball IF that, than quit playing pool, quit commenting on shots and go play bingo. Efren Reyes, Scott Frost, Cliff Joyner etc. etc. etc. etc. are ALL shooting the 2 ball to win.
P.S. Billy YOU would shoot the 2 ball also, remember we played so I know how you think and play. Now if you want to MISLEAD everyone on here about what YOU would shoot in this game situation go ahead but please dont BULLSHIT ME!!!:D
BILLY "WHITE FLAG" INCARDONA

Maybe my next trip to FL, I can get you out to the pool hall:)

I'm shooting the 2. I just set up the shot cold turkey.

First shot was center ball to move the 15 away. I made the 2 but barly hit the 15 and almost made it in opponents pocket but did move it away.

Second shot was draw. Made the 2, came off the long rail and bumped the 15 ball over for a chance to win.

If I shot it 10 tomes I might miss the next 8 times:D

tylerdurden

Verified Member
^Well now I know you know that's not true hacker... there are a zillion ways to win this game up 6 to 3 not shooting the 2. I do understand, and believe in, your point about having to shoot at times to beat good players however. True no doubt. This is not one of them imo. All out on the 2 just seems like one of the few ways you can actually lose here to me. I don't think you'd shoot here with your rent money on the light myself, you'd come to your senses :)

The other shot i see (aside from billy's) is just shoot the 2 ball towards the upper right corner and leave the cb on Danny's side rail there.

I could not believe i saw the duck pick this shot, and then the fact that you and him agree on something. What is going on around here?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
^Well now I know you know that's not true hacker... there are a zillion ways to win this game up 6 to 3 not shooting the 2. I do understand, and believe in, your point about having to shoot at times to beat good players however. True no doubt. This is not one of them imo. All out on the 2 just seems like one of the few ways you can actually lose here to me. I don't think you'd shoot here with your rent money on the light myself, you'd come to your senses :)

The other shot i see (aside from billy's) is just shoot the 2 ball towards the upper right corner and leave the cb on Danny's side rail there.

I could not believe i saw the duck pick this shot, and then the fact that you and him agree on something. What is going on around here?

The problem here is, how many times have you played what you thought:rolleyes: was a safe shot and your opponent came with a 2 or 3 railer, thin cut, combo, or whatever and made you feel stupid because you didnt shoot to win. Although the 2 is no gimmie it is a reasonable shot and not reckless even with the score.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
It comes down to are you trying to win or waiting around to lose? The safe Billy suggested at the LEAST leaves 1. a bank on the 9 ball with a follow up shot on the 2 ball or 2. a 2 railer on the 8 ball and follow up shot on the 2 ball or 3. a bank on the 2 ball with a follow shot on the 9 ball.... Anyone who wants to WIN the game shoot the 2 ball, anyone who wants to wait around and hope your opponent gift wraps the game for you shoot something else.
I can't believe this is even a discussion. LOL

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Maybe my next trip to FL, I can get you out to the pool hall:)

I'm shooting the 2. I just set up the shot cold turkey.

First shot was center ball to move the 15 away. I made the 2 but barly hit the 15 and almost made it in opponents pocket but did move it away.

Second shot was draw. Made the 2, came off the long rail and bumped the 15 ball over for a chance to win.

If I shot it 10 tomes I might miss the next 8 times:D

Give me a heads up when you are coming. Maybe we can bump it up a little?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Im just glad you picked more bad shots than me when we played :lol:lol:sorry As far as coming to Dallas to play pool, the guys here cant get me to come to the poolhall and I live 15 minutes away LOL (You keep saying how badly you beat me and how lucky I was to get the few games I did, but you won't jump on a plane and pick up this easy 10k????:lol. You're who I think you are) As I said if you cant or wont shoot the 2 ball to win the game and if you miss you will likely give up 1 ball IF that, than quit playing pool, quit commenting on shots and go play bingo.(seems like you're the one who quit playing, not me. You should try to start playing again, instead of bragging about all these things that you can and would do.) Efren Reyes, Scott Frost, Cliff Joyner etc. etc. etc. etc. are ALL shooting the 2 ball to win. (I don't know about that, but of course you do)P.S. Billy YOU would shoot the 2 ball also, remember we played so I know how you think and play. (of course you do, you seem to know quite a bit playing from your computer, your BEST game) Now if you want to MISLEAD everyone on here about what YOU would shoot in this game situation go ahead but please dont BULLSHIT ME!!!:D (i'm not trying to bullshit a bullshitter, i'm trying to help people play a solid game.)BILLY "WHITE FLAG" INCARDONA

Shooting the 2ball from this position (for a player my speed) is reaching for something that can be obtained many more different ways. Even players like the top players you mentioned probably wouldn't shoot the 2ball with a 6-3 lead. Shooting the 2ball from this position, with the score the way it is, is(imo) playing recklessly. Maybe you're the favorite to make the 2ball, quite possible. However there's no urgency in shooting it, matter of fact there's the opposite. It's like a quarterback playing in a game that his team is ahead by... two tochdowns....and it's 3rd and 1 yard to go. What does he do? He doesn't throw into double coverage, he plays a much safer option and grinds it out. That is unless you're the quarterback. :lol:sorry:D

You're actually doing better than I thought you would, following your reinstatement.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

blindlemon

Verified Member
Dud,

Dennis

Not to be disagreeable but I'm 70 yrs old, set the shot up on a Gold crown and knocked it in first try and did draw the ball off the long rail into the ball on the short rail. It's not a hard shot and even if you miss the 2 ball it's going up table. I do, I have and I will shoot that shot for my money. Perhaps it's not a shot your not familiar with. I'm an old school 9 ball player and that shot came up a lot before texas express rules. it's still a shot I practice.

JohnG