D. DiLiberto vs. T. Fleharty 2000 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's Toby's shot and you see the score. What would you do? That's right, what would you do? Not "what do you think Toby did?", not "what would a world class player do?", not "what would Brumback do?" not "what would your neighbor do?". What would YOU do?

TF's Shot1.jpg

TF's Shot2.jpg

1pocketpro

From
Vancouver, WA
Well, what about shooting into the short rail and kick banking that stripped ball to your pocket? Should be able to leave the cue ball close to where it contacts the stripped ball.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
This would be my shot...

Dud

Please disregard this layout... It's at the wrong hole!!

I tried to delete the attachment but it wouldn't work.

Attachments

• TF's Shot1.jpg
    TF's Shot1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

onepocket.jp

2 rail it to Toby's pocket (Z banger shot) and hold the cue ball as close to rail as possible

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
OK,

Now this is my shot. (at the right hole this time) shot with draw and full left english.

I'm taking a swing and not paying attention to the score.

Sometimes you feel like shooting.

Dud

TF's Shot1.jpg

blindlemon

Verified Member
I'm going to shoot the 2 ball and draw the cue ball in behind the 12, probably going into it off the long rail and leaving me a shot for the out. I hit this shot with a high degree of confidence when I'm well. And I'm so glad you flatly stated what I would do not some world class player. I'm very easily confused in my advanced age:)

JohnG

It took me so long to log in somebody allready beat me to the shot. I'm glad the guy can show it in graphics. I dont know how to do that. Anyway, nice shot Dud.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Well, I don't want to shoot the spot shot and I don't want to send another ball downtable. I don't see anything to attack, so I will two-rail the stripe near the top left corner, rolling it to my side and leaving the cb against the long rail, on the first diamond. I doubt Danny will go for this tough bank on the 9, as he is still in the game. Let him think of something. I'll wait.

1pocketpro

From
Vancouver, WA
I like your shot Vapros. I didn't realize that I would need a bridge to shoot my shot. Much easier to control the cue ball with your shot. Considering the score, it's probably not good to send another ball downtable.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
It's Toby's shot and you see the score. What would you do? That's right, what would you do? Not "what do you think Toby did?", not "what would a world class player do?", not "what would Brumback do?" not "what would your neighbor do?". What would YOU do?

I think Brumback wouid have double banked the 9 ball..I think Dr. Bill would have cut the 9 straight in..I think Toby would have fired at the duece..My neighbor never even heard of one pocket, you idiot !..I shall wait until all responses are in, then I will tell you what I think Artie would have done.:cool: :p

SuperDuck

PS..As for Myself, I do not like bringing another ball ( the 9) downtable I'm firing at the deuce, firm, no english, and driving the 15 uptable, with the cue ball... which is also where the duece is going, if I miss it ! (quite rare, indeed !)..;)

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I think Brumback wouid have double banked the 9 ball..I think Dr. Bill would have cut the 9 straight in..I think Toby would have fired at the duece..My neighbor never even heard of one pocket, you idiot !..I shall wait until all responses are in, then I will tell you what I think Artie would have done.:cool: :p

SuperDuck

PS..As for Myself, I do not like bringing another ball ( the 9) downtable I'm firing at the deuce, firm, no english, and driving the 15 uptable, with the cue ball... which is also where the duece is going, if I miss it ! (quite rare, indeed !)..;)

I agree with you on this one SJD. Who the hell would double bank the 9 bringing another ball down table for your opponent to get. Im shooting the 2 ball all day. This goes into my category of if you cant make the 2 ball and get behind the 12 ball.... YOUR NOT GOING TO BEAT ANYONE WHO CAN PLAY SO QUIT RACKING UP THE POOL TIME, AND PAYOFF AND GO HOME:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Funny how we think in situations like this one. Dick wants to fire in the 2ball:lol... come on man....onepockethacker agrees:confused: I really don't think he would. However, that's the shot I would like him to shoot.

There's only one option for me leading by three balls (6-3). And that is to shoot off the ...left side of the 15ball and travel ...2 cushions..... around the spotted 2ball, and hopefully end up near the ball in the top left of the table. But not too far down table where i'll leave a cross bank on the 9ball. But if I shot as straight as The Hacker...i'd do the same thing...:)

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ok, I'll give a serious answer...

I'm with Billy on this one - I will be shooting the same safety that he described...and also as Billy said, if instead it was my opponent who was in this situation, I would want him to shoot the 2ball - the only guys who I would not want to shoot the 2ball, would be the premiere straight shooters, guys like Shane, Darrin A. John Schmidt, etc.

- Ghost