Covid 19 one hole

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
May be a silly idea but I thought it was at least good enough to post. What if we had one hole games against each other in your own home?

So you would rack and break, video would be rolling then you stop and post it. Your opponent then sets up their own table wirth the balls in the same position, then they video their inning, stop and post it.

Yes the balls may be set up slightly off which could matter but they can get close enough.

Yes it could take a long time to complete the game especially if it goes up table but it could be fun lol!

Who is up first dave vs chris? Whitey? Cory?

:)

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I actually thought about creating a camera that would read in the ball placement and then it could use that system that projects on the table.
Or If you could magnetically manipulate the ball location, it would be awesome. I would imagine this table would cost 100k.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I actually thought about creating a camera that would read in the ball placement and then it could use that system that projects on the table.
Or If you could magnetically manipulate the ball location, it would be awesome. I would imagine this table would cost 100k.
That sounds awesome if it could be done,lol..

I was thinking this would just be something for fun so the balls dont have to be exact, just as close as you can get them. Then when the game is over, we could edit the video all together to be one shot after the other like a real game pace, hehe would kind of be funny to see in it's entirety :)

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Might work better with straight pool? In the olden days, people played chess by mail, but it's a little easier to keep the pieces in the right place!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Cool idea Chris. Amazing idea Dan. As for me, it’s true. Still working 12-14 hour days and still feel burned out. Though I stopped and hit balls for 10 minutes yesterday for the second time since March. It felt bizarre and my left shoulder was killing me. I think I have a partial tear or something. The fact that I literally couldn’t make a ball helped solidify my new role as a has been. It was a good run!

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Cool idea Chris. Amazing idea Dan. As for me, it’s true. Still working 12-14 hour days and still feel burned out. Though I stopped and hit balls for 10 minutes yesterday for the second time since March. It felt bizarre and my left shoulder was killing me. I think I have a partial tear or something. The fact that I literally couldn’t make a ball helped solidify my new role as a has been. It was a good run!
Good to hear from you! Better a has been than a never was.