Covid-19 and OnePocket.org

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Red Shoes is in Alsip.
MidWay airport is further to Red Shoes than O’Hare is to Chris’s.

Are there any hotel close? I know they have food. One trip further from one airport doesn’t make much difference, but daily trips from hotels close to the airport make a big difference.

chicagomike

Verified Member
I am updating MOT paid entry lists to show refunds to those who have requested them.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I am updating MOT paid entry lists to show refunds to those who have requested them.

We cancelled our AirBnB. Please get together with Steve and Bruce and try to work out something for rearranging the MOT. The PGA cancelled the next four golf tournaments. Vegas is shut dow. Almost all states have put in preventive measures. Is our tournament more important than even one of us getting ill? Even if it was at the end of the month, June, we would be better placed. It is too close to the cycle period of the virus, 4-5 months. Beginning to end. Where I live, we are just starting to see signs of the virus. One infected, one tested positive. It could be less, it could be more for the cycle to hit the US completely.
My feeling is an open discussion or even a vote would be conducive. Too much passion involved. There are people that don’t even believe it’s real. But in America, you’re allowed to say or think just about anything you like. In Europe, police are arresting people not doing what are considered necessary tasks. So in our country, everything so far, are suggestions from those who are supposed to know.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Posting this question here as it's not worth a new thread and slightly related to self-isolation:
Does anyone know whether the Wei Table is still available anywhere? (search didn't help).
Thx
-B

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Posting this question here as it's not worth a new thread and slightly related to self-isolation:
Does anyone know whether the Wei Table is still available anywhere? (search didn't help).
Thx
-B
I don't think so, but there are other options out there. There is an app for your phone called "draw your rock" for one.

levartze

Verified Member
From
Morgan Hill, California
I don't think so, but there are other options out there. There is an app for your phone called "draw your rock" for one.

Thorsten Hohmann is working together with Wei Chao for promoting CUE LAB an application for the iphone. It's very cool if you have an iPhone or iPad; have no idea if they plan on porting it to platforms. Thorsten is working with www.brightmediums.com. To find out more, go to the Facebook page CUE LAB and follow it. Download the app at https://apps.apple.com/us/cue-lab-shots-layouts/id1480774300

Wei Chao is the creator of both programs (Wei Table and CUE LAB).

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Red Shoes is in Alsip.
MidWay airport is further to Red Shoes than O’Hare is to Chris’s.

I am confident that everyone will safely tuck themselves away from the Covid 19 virus. In Illinois, the age span is from 3 to 99 who have tested positive for this virus. I can only imagine that it will take weeks, hopefully only weeks, before the worst is over. It is understandable that our onepocket.org Administrator, "NH Steve," has cancelled the 2020 Members Only Tournament. I am sure everyone is in agreement.

Just to clarify distances between two of Chicago-lands two favorite pool rooms, Red Shoes Billiards (Alsip, Illinois) and Chris's Billiards (Chicago. Illinois) to their respective closest airport I found (via Google) that the distance from O'Hare International Airport (ORD) to Chris's Billiards is 7.4 miles & approximately 9 minutes by car with no traffic. In contrast, the distance from Midway International Airport (MDW) to Red Shoes Billiards is 8.8 miles & approximately 18 minutes by car with no traffic.

Additionally, the distance Midway International Airport to Chris's Billiards is 18.9 miles & approximately 24 minutes by car with no traffic. In contrast, the distance from O'Hare International Airport to Red Shoes Billiards is 31.8 miles & approximately 37 minutes by car with no traffic.

Finally, the distance from Chris's Billiards to Red Shoes Billiards is 28.1 miles & approximately 34 minutes by car with no traffic.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
It is 2121 miles to Chris' Billiards from Berkeley, and I can make it in 31 hours straight through, traffic permitting. I'd leave tonight if I could get inside to play.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Tempting. Is spring springing up there yet?
Spring is springing although my wife has instituted a no persons outside of family rule and it’s still cold. Nice sunny days with the temperatures in the high 50’s. It’s getting bad at her hospital so she is getting serious about not touching anything without using a wipe. I’m going to spend the day in the shop making a light. You can probably go stir crazy in Berkeley just as well as here.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Spring is springing although my wife has instituted a no persons outside of family rule and it’s still cold. Nice sunny days with the temperatures in the high 50’s. It’s getting bad at her hospital so she is getting serious about not touching anything without using a wipe. I’m going to spend the day in the shop making a light. You can probably go stir crazy in Berkeley just as well as here.
Yeah I got a text from my One Pocket buddy Beau, who plays at now temporarily closed Amazin Billiards in Malden, he said he wants to come to my house and I can spray him with disinfectant lol. I love that idea, and where my pool table is over the garage there is a fold out bed and its own bathroom too -- but that idea got nixed right away of course -- even with my wife having a fever she was clear headed enough to say no lol :unsure::ROFLMAO:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Here is a tip sheet from the NHS a friend sent from England. There are some pretty good tips meant for hospital staff, but are especially good for those who live in northern climes. Get out into the sun and fresh air!:

At The Princess of Wales hospital. NHS staff have been sent this:

This is the advice given to hospital staff.
It explains the virus and hopefully, how to prevent getting it.
Please share with family, friends and work colleagues.

Virus Detection:

The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from a Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a cold nose or cough with cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down to the trachea and installs in the lungs, causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.

Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, the doctor should be called immediately.

Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is recommended to do this control every morning to help detect infection.

Prevention:

The virus hates heat and dies if it is exposed to temperatures greater than 80°F (27°C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These hot liquids kill the virus and are easy to ingest.
Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.

Ensure that your mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even when the virus enters water or other liquids through the mouth, it will get flushed through the oesophagus directly into the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus. If there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous.

For those who can, sunbathe. The Sun's UV rays kill the virus and the vitamin D is good for you.
The Coronavirus has a large size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so face masks can stop it, no special face masks are needed in daily life.
If an infected person sneezes nearby, stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on you.
When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours, therefore when hard surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc. are touched, hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with alcoholic gel The virus can live nested in clothes and tissues between 6 and 12 hours. Common detergents can kill it. Things that cannot be washed should be exposed to the Sun and the virus will die.
The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct infection, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present.
Washing your hands is essential.

The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes. In that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose or lips. This allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for your good and the good of all, wash your hands very often and disinfect them.
You can gargle with disinfectant solutions (i.e. Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide) that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat. Doing so removes the virus before it goes down to the trachea and then to the lungs.
Disinfect things touched often: mobile phone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheel, door handles, etc ....

Sent in to us just, and we wanted to share this knowledge & advice with you all.

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Just saw on the news this morning about the Corona virus. Apparently, those with the virus tend to get "red" eyes. Something like conjunctivitis. This symptom may be a good detection. I don't know however what stage this occurs at

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Just saw on the news this morning about the Corona virus. Apparently, those with the virus tend to get "red" eyes. Something like conjunctivitis. This symptom may be a good detection. I don't know however what stage this occurs at
You talking about hangovers. ‘Pot eyes’? Lack of sleep? Next it will be if you second toe is longer than your big toe.........

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Another symptom that I have heard is fairly common is loss of taste and small -- apparently even those without other flu symptoms sometimes notice that. I read it was reported in something like 30% of Covid cases, even early on in China.