Corey Deuel vs. Johnny Stone 2009 D.C.C.#3

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Cross the 8 straight back slowly and nestle it up against the 4... freeze whitey on the top rail and let the movin' begin....

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
If you've got the speed down, cut the 4 and leave the CB to lock up with/behind the spotted ball. That should leave no decent shot and moving the 4 down towards the pocket will make a re-hook tricky, while putting another ball in play for Corey's return to the table.

Other than that, cutting off the 4 and dropping the hanger to hide em in the corner.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Your second choice

Your second choice

If you've got the speed down, cut the 4 and leave the CB to lock up with/behind the spotted ball. That should leave no decent shot and moving the 4 down towards the pocket will make a re-hook tricky, while putting another ball in play for Corey's return to the table.

Other than that, cutting off the 4 and dropping the hanger to hide em in the corner.

I strongly agree with your second choice. You are two balls behind and all the balls are tied up. You need to put balls in play. Knocking the hanger off and spotting it up starts the opening up process. His only reply can be to work off of the balls that he is now next to, thereby putting more balls in play with no risk to you.

Beard

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

That is a good option, but if it is not hit perfectly there is a good chance you will leave a cross side on the 9... which your opponent, up by 2 balls, will no doubt take a swing at...

John Brumback

Verified Member
The 8 will be a good shot but don't double kiss It.Looks to me like that shot Is dead on the kiss too.Tough spot to be In.I haven't decided yet what I would do.Takes me awhile sometimes.John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I haven't decided yet what I would do.Takes me awhile sometimes.John B.

Well John, after you get down, get back up, get back down, get back up and stroke your shaft, get back down, get back up & remove a piece of lint from the table cloth, and finally get back down again, please let us know what you'd shoot:D.

We're all waiting.

RBL

John Brumback

Verified Member
Well John, after you get down, get back up, get back down, get back up and stroke your shaft, get back down, get back up & remove a piece of lint from the table cloth, and finally get back down again, please let us know what you'd shoot:D.

We're all waiting.

RBL

Yeah I know I set myself up for that one. I'm still lookin and pickin lint.Give me a few,would ya?:p I really wish I could speed up.Sometimes In an easy match I play fast,no really I do.:lol John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member

We're all waiting.

RBL

Ok,after I get done doin all that here's the shot...I'm not crossing the 8,It's on the kiss and If you miss the kiss It's coming out to the left and might leave a straightback.However I will just shoot the 8 straight on to make sure i don't get the double kiss and just roll the 8 straight down below the side pocket
as close to those balls as I can,being real carefull and let the cball fall on the end rail.That's what I would do.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Not strong enough

Not strong enough

This is also what I'd shoot. He'd then probably roll the 1 ball in (helping me) and I'd thin the 7 and send him back to the headrail.

View attachment 4683

A. I wouldnt roll the 1 in helping you. I would bunt and make sure a ball didnt fall. There is nothing really wrong with crossing the 8 and putting all the balls together. However, my strength is to control the pace of the game. I can get the balls open and I can close up the balls as required. Here you want to open up the game. One of the strongest ways to get balls open is to get the cue ball underneath some of the tied up balls forcing your oppo to shoot them away and maybe into play. Thats why I would play Mr Bank's shot and knock off the hanging ball and spot it up. If I was bad luck enough to leave a cross side so be it. No matter what he does I will have the balls open jiffy quick after that.

Beard

Once one ball is on the spot it is often easy to shoot another ball off and with the two balls together, not leave a shot at either of them.

John Brumback

Verified Member
A. I wouldnt roll the 1 in helping you. I would bunt and make sure a ball didnt fall. There is nothing really wrong with crossing the 8 and putting all the balls together. However, my strength is to control the pace of the game. I can get the balls open and I can close up the balls as required. Here you want to open up the game. One of the strongest ways to get balls open is to get the cue ball underneath some of the tied up balls forcing your oppo to shoot them away and maybe into play. Thats why I would play Mr Bank's shot and knock off the hanging ball and spot it up. If I was bad luck enough to leave a cross side so be it. No matter what he does I will have the balls open jiffy quick after that.

Beard

Once one ball is on the spot it is often easy to shoot another ball off and with the two balls together, not leave a shot at either of them.

Hey you think to much,just shoot, would ya!!? No I see your point,good thinking.Bring me a sweatshirt for that please.heheJohn B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Ok,after I get done doin all that here's the shot...I'm not crossing the 8,It's on the kiss and If you miss the kiss It's coming out to the left and might leave a straightback.However I will just shoot the 8 straight on to make sure i don't get the double kiss and just roll the 8 straight down below the side pocket
as close to those balls as I can,being real carefull and let the cball fall on the end rail.That's what I would do.John B.

Yep, the kiss does look close, this is the alternate shot if you judge the kiss to be there.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I think it's a good thing that nobody here chose the shot that Corey shot & made:eek:. Now I know that we all know a little sumpin sumpin.

P.S. After he made this ball he played a safety that left the straight-back bank that Stone missed in my "Three Balls Twice" thread. Corey had to spot the 8 after he made it because he owed one. Bad thinking all-around.

CD's Shot.jpg