cliff/santos next game

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
hill game cliff broke
santos responded.....cliff tried to go 2 rails into the stack but fell short leaving santos here to shoot
sc30.jpg

keoneyo

Verified Member
I bank the 15 into the stack and kill the rock with the 8.
No balls on my side of the table and I need to open it up.
Check to see if Cliff can deep cut the 13 though.
Ive seen Cliff cut some hairy ones.
So leaving cueball on the rail is imperative

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If I bank the 15 I am aiming for the 1 or 2 to try to push the 7 near my hole but I also worry about leaving the 13's neck stick out there.

I would probably hit the right half of the 2 ball with low speed to push the 7 near my hole and try to stay behind the 13/1 to protect it:

Or hit it a little harder and put him in the stack (although I may run into the 1 ball doing this):

Cory in dc

Verified Member
hill game cliff broke
santos responded.....cliff tried to go 2 rails into the stack but fell short leaving santos here to shoot
View attachment 14805

Probably would make the 8 and stun behind the 15 or, if it looks good from the table, go off the long rail and freeze behind the 15.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
That's my first choice. (I think the 8 spots in a place where it goes in my pocket and not his.)

Doesn't look like you can stun the 8 and get behind the 15 (looks like its too much of a cut) but hard to tell with just a picture.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Kick the 13 towards my hole and put the cue ball in the stack, hopefully on the one ball(which means I hit the kick well.:D.)

whoops, after looking again I might leave a shot on the ten. Pass

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I would be looking to bank the fifteen into the thirteen and draw with heavy spin into the eight to kill the cue ball near the side rail.

Something like this....

Tom

Attachments

• sc30.jpg
    sc30.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
To my eye the cut bank of the 15 into the 13 looks like it requires a very thin cut that would have to be hit pretty hard. I'd rather come off the left side of the 15 and kick the 13 toward my hole, if possible. As it is, there's nothing near the shooter's hole whereas there are plenty of soldiers for the opponent.

~Doc

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I think I would cross the 15 ball to my side and try to freeze him behind the 8 ball.. He will be in alot of trouble

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Doesn't look like you can stun the 8 and get behind the 15 (looks like its too much of a cut) but hard to tell with just a picture.

You probably didn't notice but I semi-cheated by removing "stun" when I quoted. I think it takes a little bit of 8 o'clock.

Anyway, when I came on this thread just now I started reading from the bottom; I see that Hacker's choice is much better... in fact obviously better; I'm pissed that I didn't see it that way originally. :frus

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I would be looking to bank the fifteen into the thirteen and draw with heavy spin into the eight to kill the cue ball near the side rail.

Something like this....

Tom

I would shoot a similar shot to yours Tom, only I'd use 10:00 English and make sure I hit the 13 with the 15 ball bank. I'd shoot it pretty hard also and catch the back side of the 8 coming off the side rail and move it over also. The CB should move up table and the 13 & 15 ball should get repositioned in a much more favorable place than they are now.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
santos did bank the 15 into the one
BUT
he came off the 8 back into the side rail above the side pocket and spun the cue ball 4 rails for the safety
by the speed and spin of the cue ball there is no doubt that was what he was shooting
approximation of the path and the end result how he left it for cliff
sc32.jpg

sc33.jpg

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
santos did bank the 15 into the one
BUT
he came off the 8 back into the side rail above the side pocket and spun the cue ball 4 rails for the safety
by the speed and spin of the cue ball there is no doubt that was what he was shooting
approximation of the path and the end result how he left it for cliff
View attachment 14822

View attachment 14823

I don't see how this is possible, the 8 moved about 3 feet... Not possible....
Something is definitely wrong here, no way is he running into the back of that 8 ball and going back to the rail with the CB and spinning around the world and the 8 only moves 3 feet....:sorry Larry but that defies all logic.

Only way I can see the balls ending up like they are is he might have super thinned the 8 going in before the rail, then caught the rail with a ton of RHE to spin around the table.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I don't see how this is possible, the 8 moved about 3 feet... Not possible....
Something is definitely wrong here, no way is he running into the back of that 8 ball and going back to the rail with the CB and spinning around the world and the 8 only moves 3 feet....:sorry Larry but that defies all logic.

Only way I can see the balls ending up like they are is he might have super thinned the 8 going in before the rail, then caught the rail with a ton of RHE to spin around the table.

I'm on my cell phone last paragraph is correct Jeff
The cue ball very thinly Caromed off the eight

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
He was trying to avoid contact with the 8, go behind it, he almost did it...
He got a little lucky with that thin brush on the 8 huh Larry, if he hits it a little thicker, he sells the farm. Quite impressive shot selection, but then he was privy to the amount of separation between the 15 and the 8 ball, something we could not judge accurately from the camera angle in the pic. Good WWYD... :)

Thanks Larry

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
He was trying to avoid contact with the 8, go behind it, he almost did it...
He got a little lucky with that thin brush on the 8 huh Larry, if he hits it a little thicker, he sells the farm. Quite impressive shot selection, but then he was privy to the amount of separation between the 15 and the 8 ball, something we could not judge accurately from the camera angle in the pic. Good WWYD... :)

Thanks Larry

i think you are as always right...:)
you are welcome /my pleasure...:)