Chris/Cincy - possible issue with s/w?

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Hi Chris,

The last few days and I'm typing on my phone, every time I hit the return key to start a new paragraph I lose the keyboard. I then have to tap the screen again to bring it back, but I have to hit return twice to start a new paragraph so I lose the keyboard twice. It's a little frustrating so wondering if it's on my end or the software.

Here's my keyboard screen...
Screenshot_20200827-181859.png

Here's what it looks like when I hit return...
Screenshot_20200827-181847.png

Thanks, Dave

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hmm not sure Dave,

Mine is not doing that as I just tested, this is from my phone

Returns keep my kbd in place...

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Samsung Android here. Everything seems ok. I did have a update a few days back where my keyboard changed. I haven't really messed with it yet but it's a little frustrating. Had to change to a Google keyboard.

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Had to change to a Google keyboard.
????? What is this and how do you select it? Nevermind, I looked it up and it turns out that my phone used Gboard. I removed it and reinstalled it with no change.

Just so you all know, I decided to try things over at that other "evil" forum, azb, and the keyboard worked as it should. So it seems it's only this forum. sigh

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Sorry again you are having issues Dave! In researching it further I just saw a post on the help forums where 3 days ago someone posted the issue. Apparently it also happens when you hit the delete key with nothing to erase....

So they know about it and all we can do now is wait on a fix. Thanks for bringing it my attention!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Sorry again you are having issues Dave! In researching it further I just saw a post on the help forums where 3 days ago someone posted the issue. Apparently it also happens when you hit the delete key with nothing to erase....

So they know about it and all we can do now is wait on a fix. Thanks for bringing it my attention!
Thanks. I wasn't going to post any more about it, but wanted to add what I learned. Fingers crossed.