Chicago Trip

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I am 74 years old, still older than you and around ten years older than the Ghost, and forget that talk about breaking even wih him after three sessions, and thirty a game is the same as betting more $$. I know he is as serious as a heart attack when you guys play, but you are a seasoned money player and surely have more in the tank.

Plus, he plays better now since there must have been a little coaching going on with the corporation before our match.:D I doubt you just handed him the $$ and said 'Go Get I'm. I won and offered to adjust a little to play again.

I believe I need 9/7 from you and can win if I play well. If we do play again and I win 9/7, I will bet it all back 10/8:heh. The Henderson Parlay System at work.

I won't be at the Derby, so it will probably be Vegas until we see each other again, unless you entice me to Chicago.

John, I really like you as a person, however, as far as 9/7 goes it's too much in your favor. The 10/8 handicap is all you need to be competitive with me, that was proven with my game with the Ghost and for that reason alone i'm passing the 9/7 offer. Thanks but no thanks. Don't forget about the " monsters in your cornflakes" thing, it's all in your head.:D

Dr. Bill< telling it like it is, as always

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
My only wish would be to see congress negotiate like you guys. A game may not develop but at least you all get in there and talk about it and make an honest effort to work out a deal. :)

It's too bad Harry Reid and company & John Boehner and company don't play pool. They could learn a lot about matching up and getting things done. ;)

Tom

onepockethacker

Verified Member
My only wish would be to see congress negotiate like you guys. A game may not develop but at least you all get in there and talk about it and make an honest effort to work out a deal. :)

It's too bad Harry Reid and company & John Boehner and company don't play pool. They could learn a lot about matching up and getting things done. ;)

Tom

Thanks Tom I appreciate your approval :eek::p:D:lol

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Giving up weight is a young man's game. There really is very little percentage in it for the older players. I'm looking for senior citizen discounts. :D

Maintaining steady concentration throughout a long match becomes very difficult as we get older and if we can't count on our own abilities to remain constant for a decent period of time then how can we accurately gage a fair game?

Tom

This is getting to be the hardest part for me. I never was a great player, but have played well for 50+ years. Now, I do not know which player will show up or for how long.

I played a much younger guy I have beaten a couple times last Saturday for a nice bet and could not have played better for the first 3 1/2 hours. Then I went almost brain dead and played terrible and went from a few games ahead to stuck pretty good. Of course his game got much better when I fell dead. Maintaining concentration against a good player is taking it's toll anymore.

My whole pool playing life I have been a long winded player and able to dig down and come back when I get off track. Looks like father time is taking his toll. I was very lucky to get by the Ghost and I know there will probably not be another match, so I am just barking a little to fire myself up as much as anything else.

pooladdiction

From
Joliet, IL
Can you explain something to a guy such as myself who's just starting to learn one pocket? 9/7,10/8. What's the real difference? Two balls is two balls. Or am I missing something?

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Can you explain something to a guy such as myself who's just starting to learn one pocket? 9/7,10/8. What's the real difference? Two balls is two balls. Or am I missing something?

Here is the most simplistic way to look at it. Take the handicap of two balls to an extreme and now the game is not 9-7 or even 10-8 but now it's 20-18. It terms of percentages the higher to numbers the less the handicap. There is more to it than that but this view will get you started.

Tom

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

There's a big difference for a weaker player going from 7 to 8 balls.
The better player has less trouble going from 9 to 10 balls.
Rod.
P.S. The further you extend it the more advantage for the better player. :)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Rod.

good advice from rod
from a different perspective
if you can only run 4
you have to improve 25% to run 5

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
:eek:
Rod.

good advice from rod
from a different perspective
if you can only run 4
you have to improve 25% to run 5
if you can run 9
going to 10 is less difficult