Chicago Here I Come

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would much prefer to give you a strumming on my table in the basement!

Beard

ala the last time.:lol
And now I would very much prefer giving you a strumming on your own table in your own home in your home city, homey:heh I'll make sure when i'm in Chicago that your home will be a stop.:D:p

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Dennis,

I only ran ten and out OFF THE BREAK once on Mike. I think Bernie or Frost were playing on the next table.

I HAVE run 10 and out on him other times.

He has run six on me many times.

Where are you?

Bill S.
So I guess at your age that you're going to become a road player again:eek: Chicago, then to Detroit, and then possibly to the Philippines. You go Bill!!

Dr. Bill

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
You guys come to Memphis and I will show you the best BBQ.

They probably cant spell BBQ in Chicago.

On Pizza, however, IMO Chicago is the BEST.

I couldn't find a bad place for Pizza in Chicago, I think they teach it in school or something.

Ken

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
You just don't when to stop being a complete piece of s**t, shit starter! (again)

You had the nerve to talk about Artie, one game, one table. and the BEST you can play somebody is 1p on 5x10 snooker table. And, the ONLY reason you do, is well knowing, NO ONE plays that s**t. You talk about PRICELESS, your a joke! :lol:lol:lol

You know what OUR game is, the one You'll NEVER play, because you got NO ticker! ;)

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion
"

Actually it was one of your Chi-Town homies that said AB was a one-table player and he said it on a dvd for posterity. I've never made a comment like that in my life.

Grady is the one who wrote on this site that AB never beat a top player in an extended match anywhere outside of Chicago, take issue with him if you must but leave me out of it.

No ticker? Yep, that's me there on the right. Which one is you?

Tin Man.jpg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis,

I only ran ten and out OFF THE BREAK once on Mike. I think Bernie or Frost were playing on the next table.

I HAVE run 10 and out on him other times.

He has run six on me many times.

Where are you?

Bill S.

I'm outside of Detroit Bill. If you ever come this way and want to play on a snooker table just PM me and we'll take care of it privately.

Dennis

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Bill Stroud, You'll NEVER have to worry about loosing any money to the, "Keyboard Gambling Cowboy", he won't post and NEVER play! I think it's called, "Internet woofing!" You know the old saying, "Money talks and Bulls**t walks.

He's proven that already on this forum, with a guy that's been dead at pool for over 30 years!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

I couldn't find a bad place for Pizza in Chicago, I think they teach it in school or something.

Ken

I hope you aint talking about Charlie Vergas' BBQ joint in the basement in downtown Memphis. Total stiff, and I have plenty of witnesses.

Beard

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I hope you aint talking about Charlie Vergas' BBQ joint in the basement in downtown Memphis. Total stiff, and I have plenty of witnesses.

Beard

Beard,

Yep you got me, that's my favorite in Memphis. But there is a BBQ joint on every corner, each with a slightly different taste.

My wifey likes Corkeys. Its in town and in the airport. Before I lived here, if I could arrange it, I would schedule a layover in Memphis just so I could eat the BBQ there.

Come to Memphis and dinner is on me and we don't even have to "scoot".

Best of rolls,

Ken

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Beard,

Yep you got me, that's my favorite in Memphis. But there is a BBQ joint on every corner, each with a slightly different taste.

My wifey likes Corkeys. Its in town and in the airport. Before I lived here, if I could arrange it, I would schedule a layover in Memphis just so I could eat the BBQ there.

Come to Memphis and dinner is on me and we don't even have to "scoot".

Best of rolls,

Ken

Maybe for next year's Tunica Tourn.

Beard

Don Smith

Verified Member
I just talked to a guy, an SS member, and friend of Sammy's, he said, "anybody that puts that stuff about the check on the internet is an asshole".

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I just talked to a guy, an SS member, and friend of Sammy's, he said, "anybody that puts that stuff about the check on the internet is an asshole".

I found something out in the internet era. I have been releasing pool "secrets" out on the internet for years, and one tenth of one percent might actually be paying attn.to what I am saying.

As far as scuffling, you cant teach anybody to have the heart to go thru with those moves. The greatest card manipulator in the world, Ed Marlo, never played in a card game for money.

Beard

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I found something out in the internet era. I have been releasing pool "secrets" out on the internet for years, and one tenth of one percent might actually be paying attn.to what I am saying.

As far as scuffling, you cant teach anybody to have the heart to go thru with those moves. The greatest card manipulator in the world, Ed Marlo, never played in a card game for money.

Beard

Never heard of Ed Marlo. A lot of old timers said Scarni was really slick at the kitchen table but scared to move and became a Coattail puller instead.
Rod.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
John

John

Just might have to come up there personally to sweat the rail... on your match and Freddy's basement...

think after you play, I could get 10-6? Just saying... maybe I should spot you half a bottle of jack and forget playing...

B

ps the ghost can give me 12-7 and beat me...

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Just might have to come up there personally to sweat the rail... on your match and Freddy's basement...

think after you play, I could get 10-6? Just saying... maybe I should spot you half a bottle of jack and forget playing...

B

ps the ghost can give me 12-7 and beat me...

Maybe I can bring ATM ED with me.

Well, we can drink some Jack as a celebration if I win and drink some to drown my sorrows if I lose.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Never heard of Ed Marlo. A lot of old timers said Scarni was really slick at the kitchen table but scared to move and became a Coattail puller instead.
Rod.

Marlo called Scarne a clod. He said Scarne stole much of the stuff that Marlo had written that was to be used only by pro "Cardicians." I knew Marlo well. I met him through one of his "students," Magicians Hall of Famer, Eddie Fields. I thought Eddie Fields was the greatest card manipulator in the world until I watched Marlo. After Marlo, Fields looked like he had palsy.

Fields was who taught Mike Massey most of his card tricks.

Marlo didnt gamble, but he was respectful of the top card hustlers who did. It just wasnt his thing.

Beard

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Ken

My favorite BBQ is the Rendezvous downtown Memphis. Don't know if they are still there.

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Wishbone

Wishbone

The barbecue looks great, definitely going to try it. Looks like you're starting to get some stiff opposition with Billy and Fred, their actually saying it's a stiff. Pretty big swing from 'The Best' to 'A Stiff' well I guess... to each his own, sounds like a WWYD thread. :D Still going to try it.

I'm going to try to go to Chicago next month, probably at the end of the month, maybe around the time you and John are playing. :cool: If so i'll stop by, where ever it is.:D

Dr. Bill

Billy if you go to Chicago have the Ghost take you to Wishbone in his neighborhood.Best home style cooking you've ever had. Try the blackened trout with the hoppin johns......OMG it's awesome!!!!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Billy, I'm sure DWS's recommendation is first rate. However, for the Ghost, the use of the phrase "take you" in relation to a meal means that he would accompany you to the restaurant, and dine with you. "Take you" meaning to pay for the meal would make him break into a cold sweat. The Specter hasn't picked up a check since 1971!:heh That's just the way they are in Chicago. It's a point of honor thingy...:D

Doc