Chicago Artie/Bensingers/Speed Ck

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I talked to mr3c about SJD, and asked him if he had a grudge from the past with SJD, he said; "no". Well did you ever meet SJD; he said; "no".
I go, you mean to tell me it was finger war, "yah, finger key board war", laughingly, we both laughed.

I remember when I was a rookie member, and I posted something, and I believe it was 'beatle', ( correct me if I am wrong), but he just outright attack me with some off the wall out of line bs. So I fired back, then he attacked me harder, I fired back again, and then he really laid his bs attack on me. I go damn this guy is good, he thrives on this s--t, so I backed off, for I knew it would just escalate even more, and could I hang and even want to go there; "No". I look back on it, and do not even remember what it was about. I think he was just testing the rookie out.

I had a bad day with a customer one day on the phone, and he really got under my skin, I went out drinking to calm it down, came back that night and posted a response to Island dr., for he had challenged me. I was not nice, and really poured it on to an insane level. We worked it out. Another time I would not let up on Patrick Johnston about squirt on inside reverse shots. Bot instances I regret that it happened.

Larry on few occasions said I should go back quite a few years and check out the wwyd's, for you had all these high power op players going at it, and not mincing words, very detailed depictions of shot selections, and really educational. Whitey
After reading this, maybe we should ban Whitey???? Hahaha just joking.

Yes, Bill has a go-off mode that is uncomfortable at times (to say the least) and sometimes hurtful as he digs in to defend his position, but I too am in favor of reinstating him to full member status.

I have known Bill since the 70s and knew his dad before I met Bill. Yes, he can be abrasive at times but it's because he's passionate about what he knows and believes. Bill and I have always gotten along fine, maybe because I choose not to get involved or engage with any of the questionable posts. It has worked well for our relationship over the years...life is too short to lose a friend over writing styles. The pool/billiard community is small enough and family fights from time to time, right?

He is really no different than another good friend of mine, John Barton. He too will defend himself, his family, his friends and his business if he feels attacked, very vigorously I might add. And regarding the SJD feud, if I remember correctly it started when Dick and Freddy the Beard were feuding, Bill simply came to Freddy's defense.

I am sorry what happened between Bill and Mark and I would hope they would kiss and makeup. 😘

So...bring back mr3cushion, he adds content and a little flavor to the group. We should not all be the same.

Sorry for the long post.
Dave

keoneyo

Verified Member
Bill called me the other day. We keep in touch once a month. He intro'd me to Black Bart. A loveable charcter. He has his own ways but I respect his ability and talent. He dont give me no grief and is going through some rough medical times. I got nothing against him.

beatle

Verified Member
ill go along with that and wait and see. steve could always stop him again. i would hope he could be a great member.
some dogs dont change their spots though so expect the same result.
but people do reign themselves in so

OldSchool

Verified Member
Be careful what you wish for ! He's a hateful little twerp.

I agree with androd, and the 3 guys who gave a thumbs up to this post.

The main issue is not his "WRITING STYLE", saying that, is of course, soft spinning the reality. It's about his nastiness, and his insufferable ego. Fanboys, jock-sniffers, are, regrettably, pathetically, willing to overlook that toxicity, in order to access some of his billiard knowledge.

Old School

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
Sometimes we old guys get a little cantankerous. Mr. 3C is opinionated for sure and maybe a little over the top but he has much to contribute to our threads certainly with the history of players and wwyd scenarios. A pardon might be in order.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Only fanboys, jock-sniffers, are, regrettably, pathetically, willing to overlook that toxicity, in order to access some of his billiard knowledge.

Old School
No one is attacking you! You must have some deep rooted hatred to go so far as to make the above incendiary remarks that are directly attacking fellow members, just because they do not agree with you. These are disgusting remarks!
Your statement exemplifies an incredible lack of respect for your fellow members and their opinions. Thumbs down! Whitey

Last edited:

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Bill Smith, Freddy, and SJD are each old school guys respectively...they all had/have egos about their knowledge of the game and tend to protect that with a gusto unfamiliar to some of us today...I have spent time with each one, and each and every one tried to impart a knowledge of the game to me in their own way...also each and every one of them were perfect gentlemen in person...yes there was a rivalry between them...yes perhaps a bit of vitriol towards each other on the threads...but as long as other members didn't stoke the fires too often it died out quickly...

I agree to let Mr. 3cushion back on the forums, but we also need to have a hard look at Cowboy Dennis also...what is fair for the goose is fair for the gander...

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I agree with YOU!!! and think that BILLY should be able to come BACK!!!!

(Seriously, why not? The man is what he is and we know what he is. We had some bad words after he insulted Mark (a couple times) after the whole antique table debacle.....and I feel bad about that and wish I could take it back but can't. It is what it is. He's an elderly man who was on the forum every day, and as Beatle points out is incredibly knowledgeable. Was a world class 3C player in his prime. As for the other stuff -- variety is the spice of life kind of thing.)
It was very good of you to come forth like this, and I am sure many other members feel that same way. thanks, respectfully! Whitey

OldSchool

Verified Member
No one is attacking you! You must have some deep rooted hatred Whitey

Sorry, I know the truth hurts. I never said anyone attacked me, and I have no hatred, just a very strong respect for the truth.

I'm from Michigan, been around a long time, and I've spent 60 yrs. in poolrooms, a lot of that time in Detroit & Chicago poolrooms. And I know things that you don't know about players from that area and time period, including 'Mr.3cushion'.

There's an old saying that is the best saying there is for describing and judging a mans character. Here is that saying:

"Judge a man's character by how he treats those who can do nothing for him" I'm not sure, but I believe it might have been Mark Twain who first coined that great saying.

And the negative aspect of that saying refers to 'Mr.3cushion' as well as to most, but not all, hustlers of all persuasions over the decades ('gold digger' women would also fall into this category). The way that saying negatively refers to 'Mr.3cushion' is this:

He will not be nasty, but instead he will be very nice and personable to two types of people: Those that praise and idolize his billiard skills, and those who can currently, or possibly in the future be of benefit to him, primarily financially in some way. And these two types of people throughout history, either don't realize, or choose to ignore, the situation for what it really is.

Truthfully, Old School

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Old School, your statement; "sorry the truth hurts". Your not hurting me, I do not feel hurt! Your hurting yourself by calling fellow members fanboys, jock-sniffers, and pathetic. Say what you want about mr3c, I really do not care, but any comment towards me and members does raise concerns.

The one's that gave a thumbs up to the twerp post, of those two of them have also gave a thumbs up for reinstatement. And that post does not advocate not reinstatement, only watch out what you are asking for.
Your alone in this statement about members not agreeing with you as being fanboys, jock-sniffers, and pathetic. I'd be very surprised if anyone joins you in supporting these disgusting remarks. Whitey

beatle

Verified Member
let it go guys you are both hurting yourselves and not getting anything accomplished.

OldSchool

Verified Member
Old School, your statement; "sorry the truth hurts". Your not hurting me, I do not feel hurt! Your hurting yourself by calling fellow members fanboys, jock-sniffers, and pathetic. Say what you want about mr3c, I really do not care, but any comment towards me and members does raise concerns.

I never called you or any onepocket.org member anything. You're wrongly putting words in my mouth. I spoke re. the world of pool fans in general. Same goes for that type of fan of the stars of other sports also, for that matter.

And I've been a member here for 12 years. You don't need to concern your self, lol, with raising concerns.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Thanks Beatle, you are right!
Let it known that I did not bring up the notion of mr3c being reinstated on this thread, I only answered Champagne question to best of my knowledge in accordance to recent events leading up to mr3c banning. But, it did trigger a response of an underlying theme that many members feel that it is time for him to be reinstated.

There is something I have wanting to say for quite some time.
I feel this is a very great thread, and what makes it extra special is the video of Artie playing pool. From it, and coupled with the comments one can get a sense of the demeanor of Artie. He seems so relaxed, possessing a magnificent stroke, comfortable in his skin, in control, and in heart a jovial spirit. Of course, he can size up a person, match up, and come out on top.
I got this kind of a feeling about Keith Thompson when I met him, although younger at the time than Artie, you could tell he sized up the situation, and figured out his competitor, and this also comes out in his writings when recalling his matches against some of the greats of our game.
I hope we continue with more threads such as this, while members are still around to enhance them. Whitey

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I think Artie goes into some detail about that in my interview here:

I'm glad I went back and re-read the Artie article. Great job, Steve.

I knew "Frenchie" pretty well and he was one of the best 3c players back then. Here's a picture from the early 70s including Frenchie (far right) and a young me...received_419854992300049.jpeg

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Bill Smith, Freddy, and SJD are each old school guys respectively...they all had/have egos about their knowledge of the game and tend to protect that with a gusto unfamiliar to some of us today...I have spent time with each one, and each and every one tried to impart a knowledge of the game to me in their own way...also each and every one of them were perfect gentlemen in person...yes there was a rivalry between them...yes perhaps a bit of vitriol towards each other on the threads...but as long as other members didn't stoke the fires too often it died out quickly...

I agree to let Mr. 3cushion back on the forums, but we also need to have a hard look at Cowboy Dennis also...what is fair for the goose is fair for the gander...

Bille….my and your opinion won't be popular with Dr. Bill.....but, I agree nonetheless...… I used to talk to Dennis on the phone occasionally but we've fallen out of contact with each other last couple years. He might not even wanna come back, but if he does, I think it would be cool. Dennis always had good stuff to contribute and I miss his daily camaraderie..... (maybe stevelomako knows what he is up to these days.....) A little more variety is the spice of life kind of thing......;)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i always lived that pic of you dave
as for pardoning the banned i would give dennis a pardon too. he would get nasty at night when i think his judgement was impaired.
like dustin he and i walk talk from time to time and exchanged gifts or cards at christmas a few times.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Bille….my and your opinion won't be popular with Dr. Bill.....but, I agree nonetheless...… I used to talk to Dennis on the phone occasionally but we've fallen out of contact with each other last couple years. He might not even wanna come back, but if he does, I think it would be cool. Dennis always had good stuff to contribute and I miss his daily camaraderie..... (maybe stevelomako knows what he is up to these days.....) A little more variety is the spice of life kind of thing......;)

Leave me out of anything to do with Dennis Bondarenok.