Chasing Wincardona

JAM

Verified Member
Enjoy ---> [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQwAB0kKrNs"]HERE[/ame].

By Angel Levine

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That's a great clip! It makes one want to see the whole film.

I believe Angel had submitted the film to the Sundance Festival, so I'm wondering if she has learned if it was accepted or not.

Great stuff, Angel!!

~Doc

JAM

Verified Member

I believe Angel had submitted the film to the Sundance Festival, so I'm wondering if she has learned if it was accepted or not.

Great stuff, Angel!!

~Doc

Angel said they had 12,000 submissions at Sundance and only accept 10, and unfortunately, hers did not make it this time.0

She is working on other avenues, however. I like her style. People like her make things happen. :cool:

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
Has she tried PBS yet? They sometimes have shows you won't find anywhere else. Some series like Independent Lens might show it. Just a thought.

JAM

Verified Member
Has she tried PBS yet? They sometimes have shows you won't find anywhere else. Some series like Independent Lens might show it. Just a thought.

That is a great suggestion. I will relay it to you for sure. Thanks! :)

lfigueroa

Verified Member

Great stuff, Angel!!

~Doc

I saw this while in Vegas. As I recall, this is the whole film, at just under 10 minutes. There's also a 3 minute teaser out there for anther of Angel's projects, called "Raising the Hustler," which is based on 600 hours of video she's shot at pool tournaments all over the country the last few years. A sad footnote to that project is that over 30 of the players she's shot/interviewed have died since she started it.

Lou Figueroa

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I saw this while in Vegas. As I recall, this is the whole film, at just under 10 minutes. There's also a 3 minute teaser out there for anther of Angel's projects, called "Raising the Hustler," which is based on 600 hours of video she's shot at pool tournaments all over the country the last few years. A sad footnote to that project is that over 30 of the players she's shot/interviewed have died since she started it. Lou Figueroa

Oh, I see. I thought "Chasing Wincardona" was the long piece. But that's just the title of the short. So it's "Raising the Hustler" that's the long film. I'm hoping it will be available soon. Sounds like it's quite an epic.

Doc

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Oh, I see. I thought "Chasing Wincardona" was the long piece. But that's just the title of the short. So it's "Raising the Hustler" that's the long film. I'm hoping it will be available soon. Sounds like it's quite an epic.

Doc

I think Angel is now trying for 2015, Doc.

Lou Figueroa