Celebrate Freddy the Beard Today

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
If that "fella" was humoring me in order for me to take him off my Ignore list, he was wasting his time. He has been off of it for two weeks anyway. He didnt do much of a job anyway, since it was my birthday not my New Year. I am not Chinese or Jewish. :sorry I am still left with 2 "ignorees," however.

Beard

When it's his birthday, I will be sure to wish him a Happy Hannukah.

(I so ashamed of myself for weakening and going for the "Happy New Year" bait! I promise it wont happen again.)

Last edited:

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
I just wanted to take a moment to wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY today, Freddy. I have never met you in person, yet I feel like I know you through your incredibly cool pool writings. You are the real deal in the pool world, a living legend.

The latest encyclopedia is a masterpiece. In fact, it is the best pool book I have ever read in my life. You are a treasure!

May today bring you much joy. I hope you are surrounded by loved ones and friends. Enjoy your birthday to the fullest!

Happy Birthday Freddie,

I am the proud owner of 3 of your masterpieces:

1. Banking With The Beard - The most comprehensive book of bank pool ever
written, and a must have for all banking
enthusiasts.
2. The GosPool - Another great book, what more can be said.

3. The "Encyclopedia" - Your finest work to date.
of Pool Hustlers

Bank on Brother

John

SJDinPHX

Suspended
If that "fella" was humoring me in order for me to take him off my Ignore list, he was wasting his time. He has been off of it for two weeks anyway. He didnt do much of a job anyway, since it was my birthday not my New Year. I am not Chinese or Jewish. :sorry I am still left with 2 "ignorees," however.

Beard

When it's his birthday, I will be sure to wish him a Happy Hannukah.

(I so ashamed of myself for weakening and going for the "Happy New Year" bait! I promise it wont happen again.)

I sorry....Happy 84th Birthday !

JAM

Verified Member
He sure is missed. RIP to one of the great ones!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
He sure is missed. RIP to one of the great ones!

Thank you Jenny for being a person who is not only considerate but thoughtful as well, by honoring our good friend. Fred was truly "one of a kind" and he was one of the great ones. In many ways.:)

R.I.P. Fred, love ya. I'll be up there soon to argue with you.:D

Bill Incardona

keoneyo

Verified Member
Thank you Jenny for being a person who is not only considerate but thoughtful as well, by honoring our good friend. Fred was truly "one of a kind" and he was one of the great ones. In many ways.:)

Bill Incardona

Dont you dare!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Bill Incardona

Hey Billy...that's quite a coincidence that you posted that today...now don't get upset by this - but as a professional gambler, I'm sure you won't be, and you'll probably even approve of what I'm about to tell you..:)...

It just so happens that I was 'communicating' with Freddy late last night (as we often do)...and he told me that he and Grady made an over-under line on when you will be up there to join them...:eek:...if you want, I can tell you what the number is, and which way they each bet
...:heh...:D...:p

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Hey Billy...that's quite a coincidence that you posted that today...now don't get upset by this - but as a professional gambler, I'm sure you won't be, and you'll probably even approve of what I'm about to tell you..:)...

It just so happens that I was 'communicating' with Freddy late last night (as we often do)...and he told me that he and Grady made an over-under line on when you will be up there to join them...:eek:...if you want, I can tell you what the number is, and which way they each bet
...:heh...:D...:p

- Ghost
Not that would mean much to me, considering their .."win loss'' record in gambling props, but I would be interested in how they both think if it's just only for a laugh.:D

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Not that would mean much to me, considering their .."win loss'' record in gambling props, but I would be interested in how they both think if it's just only for a laugh.:D

Dr. Bill

Hey Billy....also last night, Grady was laughing that big deep laugh of his, as he told me to tell you...that he bet the under...:eek:...:D...:p

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Hey Billy....also last night, Grady was laughing that big deep laugh of his, as he told me to tell you...that he bet the under...:eek:...:D...:p
Under what number? I'll be 71 years old this Dec, December 2nd. to be exact. Is the number ten? fifteen? or could it be three? :D If it were three that would make me feel better, i'm thinking.:heh Grady was never considered one of the elite handicappers of our time..just sayin.;)

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Under what number? I'll be 71 years old this Dec, December 2nd. to be exact. Is the number ten? fifteen? or could it be three? :D If it were three that would make me feel better, i'm thinking.:heh Grady was never considered one of the elite handicappers of our time..just sayin.;)

Dr. Bill

The number they made is 7...:)...Freddy said to tell you that he's got confidence in you, so he bet the over..:heh..and he said he tried to get 7-5 with the over, but he couldn't get it and had to settle for even money...:D

- Ghost

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
I loved Freddy's stories and the way he cherished all the zany characters in pool. Freddy also gave me a couple of crucial insights in 1P that I will be eternally grateful for.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The number they made is 7...:)...Freddy said to tell you that he's got confidence in you, so he bet the over..:heh..and he said he tried to get 7-5 with the over, but he couldn't get it and had to settle for even money...:D

- Ghost

Since the number is seven it's too realistic, and now leaves me with this eery feeling. Had the number been twenty, or two, I would of been more than happy to continue with your little game, however, it's time to move on.:heh:sorry

Dr. Bill

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Since the number is seven it's too realistic, and now leaves me with this eery feeling. Had the number been twenty, or two, I would of been more than happy to continue with your little game, however, it's time to move on.:heh:sorry

Dr. Bill

Bill ease up 77 isn't terrible, I still make a lot of balls :) only miss once in a while. :D
Rod.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Since the number is seven it's too realistic, and now leaves me with this eery feeling. Had the number been twenty, or two, I would of been more than happy to continue with your little game, however, it's time to move on.:heh :sorry

Dr. Bill

Yeah, we pretty much played out this joke anyways...:)

- Ghost

PS, And don't worry...8 years from now, after Freddy's won his bet with Grady, at the 2022 DCC - I'll give you 9-8...:heh