C. Joyner vs. E. Reyes 2010 D.C.C.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Here's an option that Senor showed me some year ago. The balls are laying about perfect for this shot. The CB hooks more but I don't know how to draw that with the tools I have. :(
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I like overcutting this bank on the rai. I would play pretty much 100% cb here.

This angle lies a little askew so the paths don't look natural, but I think this is about right......

Attachments

• cj3.jpg
    cj3.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Here's an option that Senor showed me some year ago. The balls are laying about perfect for this shot. The CB hooks more but I don't know how to draw that with the tools I have. :(
Rod.

I like this shot, I shoot this shot as often as I can, however, the angle you're looking at here will send the cue ball toward the pocket if mishit. Plus the angle looks to be close to a kiss, both balls will be in close proximity of one another around the top right pocket. If the cue ball was a few more inches to the right of where it sits the shot would play much more natural, and with less risk. This angle will allow the cue ball to move more slowly and the OB will safely stay in front of the cue ball and leave the top right corner more quickly beating the kiss. Anyways..good eye Rod...this shot isn't easy to recognize and very seldom chosen, but a very effective shot, especially when you develop an understanding of the shot,

I like all the other options that have been brought up with the exception of the 3ball bank option, looks too difficult to execute (for me) and you're kinda losing control of the cue ball with the shot, unless hit well.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
There have been many good choices made here. I especially like Rod's option of three railing the eight and sending the cue ball to the top rail with left hand English and straight back down the table. Billy may be right about the kiss however. I would feel more comfortable with slightly more angle.

One shot I did not see chosen here is to bank the nine straight up and back toward the left hand side of the stack. There is a long line of balls any one of which the nine can carom off of sending the nine toward the hole. The cue ball can be safely drawn slowly to the far side of the stack. If hit well this shot can be an immediate game winner and it has zero risk.

Tom

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Banking the 9 ball moves a ball which currently goes in your hole. I would only do that as a last resort.

Dennis

i understand the principle
but shouldnt my shot still leave the 9 as a ball that goes in my hole??
not likely to get tied up to another ball
yes?/no?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Banking the 9 ball moves a ball which currently goes in your hole. I would only do that as a last resort.

Dennis

i understand the principle
but shouldnt my shot still leave the 9 as a ball that goes in my hole??
not likely to get tied up to another ball
yes?/no?

The 9 is also a blocker.

What would happen if the 9 was banked wide into the 8? Or if it was banked short into the endrail and it rebounded back up, harmlessly?

What would happen if you did not put the cueball frozen to the stack (as is so easy to draw)?

Take the certainty, not the possibility, in this instance.

Dennis

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
At first I was just thinking nick the 10-ball toward my hole and send the cue ball across the table so that the stack hides the 10, now located even closer to my pocket. But on closer inspection overhead, it looks like there would be too much chance for a scratch in the opposite side pocket, or you would leave the 10 too exposed (either for Efren to hit directly or by kicking off the side rail).

So I go with banking the 9 but not so much to make it, but to hide the 9 along with the 10 behind the stack. Maybe even the 9 "gets lucky" and drizzles in -- either off the ball I have shown, or further up the stack :D

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-10-20_20-21-14.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-10-20_20-21-14.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0