C. Deuel vs. E. Reyes 2011 U.S. Open

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Man, Efren looks screwed here.

Nice job with the different camera views in your screenshots, Dennis.

Go for the cut? Soft, soft kick the brown stripe (side rail first)?

Punt, lol?

Dump the 12 and snuggle up behind the 7-ball? Maybe so -- at least it does two things: 1. puts another ball in play when Effie needs them all 2. you can do it without taking a scratch, and boy wouldn't Efren like it if Corey took a scratch to come off the hill. Okay, this is what I am going with -- even though the lie of balls so heavily favors Corey. As things are, it's a piss poor angle to try to move the brown stripe from here anyway.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Punt, lol?

Dump the 12 and snuggle up behind the 7-ball? Maybe so -- at least it does two things: 1. puts another ball in play when Effie needs them all 2. you can do it without taking a scratch, and boy wouldn't Efren like it if Corey took a scratch to come off the hill. Okay, this is what I am going with -- even though the lie of balls so heavily favors Corey. As things are, it's a piss poor angle to try to move the brown stripe from here anyway.

thats my shot too.first thing i saw

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Punt, lol?

thats my shot too.first thing i saw
cutting the 10 i dont see how you can not leave a shot on the 9 if you miss
soft kicking the 9 lets you live for another inning but corey will have a free bank on the 10 most likely
and you still have the 2 balls tied up that you need to win with

desertshark

Know how Efren plays, he would have came off the rail pocketing the 13 in his pocket leaving perfect shape on the 10 then banked one out of the cluster leaving the last ball in view to end the run. Haven't seen the vie, but interested in knowing the result as the magician would have played it.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
It's amazing how the pictures are so deceiving. Picture two looks like there is no safe kick on the 13 ball but picture three looks like it's pretty safe to kick it away. Or is it because the color of the cloth on the short rail blends into the color of the cloth on bed of the table?

I too would put the 12 in play and snuggle up to that solid ball.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
This is my shot from here....

*After looking at the second view a little more closely I really have no idea if my lines are correct as it looks like a different angle on the ten in the second picture. Regardless--> I would still shoot the same shot just send the cue ball towards a different spot on the bottom rail. I still like trying to get both balls out of there.

Dudley

shot.jpg

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
hey dennis
i know when i post a wwyd some times ive put the dvd away and someone wants a follow up shot takes some time to accomodate
but if you can (its ok if you cant)
what did corey do from here??
maybe we should ask our members what would you do from here???
ee1.jpg

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One shot I see here would be for Corey to softly kick toward the head rail, and back into the farther edge of the 7-ball, sending the cue ball softly to the side rail close by, and just nudging the 7-ball a little. It looks like the balls are so close to the rail this would be a lot easier to control than it might sound. I tried to draw this, but the shot does not involve much movement, with everything so close to the rail and each other.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-03-11_21-24-27.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-03-11_21-24-27.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
One shot I see here would be for Corey to softly kick toward the head rail, and back into the farther edge of the 7-ball, sending the cue ball softly to the side rail close by, and just nudging the 7-ball a little. It looks like the balls are so close to the rail this would be a lot easier to control than it might sound. I tried to draw this, but the shot does not involve much movement, with everything so close to the rail and each other.

Either that, or Corey just jacks up and banks the 7 cross-corner towards his pocket...and it looks like whitey is froze to the 7 - if so, making a legal hit is simple to execute.

- Ghost

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
hey dennis
i know when i post a wwyd some times ive put the dvd away and someone wants a follow up shot takes some time to accomodate
what did efren do from here??
View attachment 7891

I think I would need an overhead view of those two balls. A quarter inch could make a lot of difference on my selection..

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Either that, or Corey just jacks up and banks the 7 cross-corner towards his pocket...and it looks like whitey is froze to the 7 - if so, making a legal hit simple to execute.

- Ghost

The kick seems a little better if executed correctly, however, the jacked up shot is easier to execute and just about full and foul proof.:confused::help....I like the kick.

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
hey dennis
what did efren do from here??
View attachment 7891

lll,

The link to the match is on YouTube and has been on this site in the other WWYD for almost a week. Here it is, game 7.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbDHOPnXglg[/ame]

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Either that, or Corey just jacks up and banks the 7 cross-corner towards his pocket...and it looks like whitey is froze to the 7 - if so, making a legal hit is simple to execute.

- Ghost

If Corey can do that and control the cue ball back there, I like that shot too. The only thing I don't like about it is that it puts all four balls in play -- and Corey only needs one. As you know, sometimes nice shots like that backfire if they don't get close enough to the hole and the opponent makes a flyer.