Bugs vs. Cornbread 1991 L.O.P. #3

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Maybe he's makin' a little lemonade Bill:p .

Dennis

Hadn't realized that until you mentioned it, i'll be extra careful with him now. Thanks:D

Freddie told me to be careful with those guys from the desert.

Billy I.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
androd said:
Without a doubt. Rolling out there is suicide ! :eek:
Rod.

I agree. Pretty easy cut to the pocket on the eight and now you have two balls down there if he doesn't make it, and you may be blocked by the other ball.

After looking at the shot again (and shooting it a few times today), I am thinning off the eight with a little speed, putting the eight on my side of the table and hitting the ball near the pocket with the cue ball.

Get it over or get back in the game.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
Bug's misjudged the shot he tried to cross over the top of the ball and play the cue ball to his side of the table. He was fortunate he didn't scratch.

Billy I.
That makes very good sense, I never thought of that. I just figured it was Bugs doing what Bugs did:) . I think you are right Bill.

Dennis

bernie p

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Hadn't realized that until you mentioned it, i'll be extra careful with him now. Thanks:D

Freddie told me to be careful with those guys from the desert.

Billy I.

Billy,

I must of got a little dehydrated while evaluating the angle of the 8 off the side rail......lol.

I set it up and shot it several times and had a hard time leaving whitey where I envisioned, concluding that indeed I would choose a less risky route.

You were correct in your assessment that the cue on the endrail substantially added to the difficulty of the shot.

I'm not too old (or proud :D ) to confirm that I'm still learning from my elders:eek:

Thanks. Bernie.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I'm shooting the 14 is it?--(the stripe next to the spot) and aiming to hit the first diamond past the side pocket with enough speed to send it behind the 8 near the upper corner pocket on my side of the table and with some low and lots of RH english send whitie off the side rail and onto the bottom rail just shy of the first diamond. A little trickie to execute but very doable and what's he gonna do from there?

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
petie said:
I'm shooting the 14 is it?--(the stripe next to the spot) and aiming to hit the first diamond past the side pocket with enough speed to send it behind the 8 near the upper corner pocket on my side of the table and with some low and lots of RH english send whitie off the side rail and onto the bottom rail just shy of the first diamond. A little trickie to execute but very doable and what's he gonna do from there?
Here's the thread addressing the shot Red chose from there. Don't forget, Bugs is much less dangerous if you leave the cueball nearer the siderail than if you put it on the endrail.

http://onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5780