Bugs vs. Cornbread 1991 L.O.P. #2

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn

1 rail the 8 with near center-ball and leave the CB by the upper left pocket if its laying where Im sure of leaving a loooong combination.

bstroud

Verified Member
I would 2 rail the 10 to my side and FREEZE the cue ball to the end rail at the first diamond.

Bill Stroud

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
usblues said:
1 rail the 8 with near center-ball and leave the CB by the upper left pocket if its laying where Im sure of leaving a loooong combination.

I like this shot. Bill's shot that leaves whitie on the bottom rail, if I understand it, is too likely to leave an easy cross corner. If you wanted to duck, shoot the middle ball into the upper corner on oppo's side and leave whitie by the first diamond of the side rail on that side or even the second diamond. I don't think any banks are on from there as the side pocket on my side is in the path of the 8 ball bank.

bstroud

Verified Member
petie said:
I like this shot. Bill's shot that leaves whitie on the bottom rail, if I understand it, is too likely to leave an easy cross corner. If you wanted to duck, shoot the middle ball into the upper corner on oppo's side and leave whitie by the first diamond of the side rail on that side or even the second diamond. I don't think any banks are on from there as the side pocket on my side is in the path of the 8 ball bank.

Petie,

I am leaving the cue ball on the rail between the pockets.

Bill Stroud

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
bstroud said:
Petie,

I am leaving the cue ball on the rail between the pockets.

Bill Stroud

Bill, I think I get it now. You are 2 railing the ten only to your side of the table--not near your pocket, right? Much better. I pictured it (the ten) near your pocket. I'm not sure how I feel about givin' Bugs Rucker a flyer at his pocket even if he is frozen on the end rail. I'll have to think about it. Here is where knowledge of your opponent comes into play. Was Bugs the kind of guy who would take a flyer form there or would he do something smarter. Problem is if he goes for it, he might just make it. After all, he is Bugs Rucker.

Last edited:

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
petie said:
Bill, I think I get it now. You are 2 railing the ten only to you side of the table--not near your pocket, right? Much better. I pictured it (the ten) near your pocket. I'm not sure how I feel about givin' Bugs Rucker a flyer at his pocket even if he is frozen on the end rail. I'll have to think about it. Here is where knowledge of your opponent cimne into play. Was Bugs the kind of guy who would take a flyer form there or would he do something smarter. Problem is if he goes for it, he might just make it. After all, he Bugs Rucker.

Yeah, you dont want to leave him "Bugs" options to bank at anything. But "Cornbread" Burge needs just one ball, many choices there.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
bstroud said:
I would 2 rail the 10 to my side and FREEZE the cue ball to the end rail at the first diamond.

Bill Stroud
i think is what bill has in mind
bill correct this if its wrong
bs1.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
My reasoning about the end rail is that it hides the 8 ball and perhaps the 10 ball as well.

Having to shoot from the end rail at a ball in the center of the table leaves very few good options.

Bill Stroud

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
Are you guys purposely ignoring me? The shot everyone is saying yeah I'd shoot that from Bill Stroud is the shot I proposed in post #2.

Am I invisible?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
philwelch said:
Are you guys purposely ignoring me? The shot everyone is saying yeah I'd shoot that from Bill Stroud is the shot I proposed in post #2.

Am I invisible?
You're not invisible Phil:) and nobody's ignoring you:eek: . The cueball just didn't go the the endrail, that's all. You know a lot of these guys post a response without ever looking at all the responses in the thread, right?

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
philwelch said:

Am I invisible?

No Phil, only the Ghost is invisible...;)