Buffalos Pro Classic: May 24-27

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I was pulling for Tony, but I'm happy to see Justin Hall win it. He's a complete player, and this win will really boost his confidence. Won't hurt his bank account, either...

~Doc

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Oldie but goodie from Buffalo's Facebook. A while back Justin asks Buff, hey did I leave a bag of my clothes here? Buff says I don't think so why do you ask? Justin says because your cook is wearing one of my shirts!

Last edited:

Knuckles54

Verified Member
From
Canyonville Oregon
I was pulling for Tony, but I'm happy to see Justin Hall win it. He's a complete player, and this win will really boost his confidence. Won't hurt his bank account, either...

~Doc

J-Hall took them All....
I was pulling for Tony as well.
I was able to watch most of the streaming and notice the same thing commentaries commented about with Justin, he leaves them on the short rail. He managed to do that more then anyone else all weekend. Plus great banking skills seemed to be his dominating strengths. Stands to reason if your shooting and can’t cue the ball your limited, I have know this but not really seen anyone do it for so long, Bill Inc makes comments often of players when slacking off "leaving it on your friend" or meet my friend Muller.
It was a great tournament to watch and quite interesting to learn from, let’s see if it carries to the org 3rd anual. :)

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

~Doc

Me too Doc. Two things often happen when you win the hot seat and the other guy is working his way through through the one loss side. He gains momentum while you have a hard time getting it going after sitting and watching, or he leaves his game on the table after a long day of grueling matches. Justin fell behind in most of his matches but instead of wearing down, he just kept it going.

He deserves a lot of credit for his win.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
J-Hall took them All....
I was pulling for Tony as well.
I was able to watch most of the streaming and notice the same thing commentaries commented about with Justin, he leaves them on the short rail. He managed to do that more then anyone else all weekend. Plus great banking skills seemed to be his dominating strengths. Stands to reason if your shooting and can’t cue the ball your limited, I have know this but not really seen anyone do it for so long, Bill Inc makes comments often of players when slacking off "leaving it on your friend" or meet my friend Muller.
It was a great tournament to watch and quite interesting to learn from, let’s see if it carries to the org 3rd anual. :)
Justin's speed lagging Jeff to the rail was spot on every match i watched and his banking speed to his hole was also the best of anybody's all day also.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Wow. Manny plays about 2 balls better than me. If I were offered a piece of Dennis' side of this I don't think I'd take it, but the upside potential would make it quite a temptation. Ennis quit

Don't forget about my dunce cap: I'm probably the only half-wit who bet on J rld class shotHall, never bet against him, and lost money. Riddle me that. :frus

I saw dennis win one game then manny win 2 or 3
And dennis quit
Manny missed many shots and was not as precise with his Q ball but then he would make a world class shot
Go figure

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Some stats on Buffalo's one-pocket event can be found here: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=475317

I appreciate your doing that, AtLarge. Really interesting to see some of the numbers.

One note: 4 1/8" pockets on a Diamond with its deep shelf and with cloth broken in is tighter than a Gold Crown of the same description (and N.O. is humid). There were lots of jawed balls and lots of balls hung at slow speed that would have dropped on a GC with 4 1/8".

keoneyo

Verified Member
I been pretty satisfied with Truck's stream but this last one was just frustrating. Especially on Saturday night. I also missed a lot of the ending of crucial games. I know that weather was pretty bad but Truck should have been prepared for that or at least warned his clients. I always buy the package and would like to for the Des Moines event. But am hesitant if all the excuse is "Weather was bad sorry".
It would be good if there could be some of the matches missed accessible for those of us who paid. Saturday night was a bust.

Wife: Are you staying home with Efren whats his name. Or are you coming out with me.
Me: Uh you dont understand. Efren is playing Orcollo.
Wife: Who?
Me: Never mind. You go with the girls and have a good time. Heres some money.
Wife: Forget it. Bye. Tell Efren and Orchid I say good luck. (Slam)
Me: Damn, whats with all this buffering?

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
I know what you mean Keyone. It was verrrrry frustrating! I quit trying after a while but the last match was watchable with several reboots. It seemed like when an interesting situation came up the stream would freeze on me and I didn’t get to see how they handled it. Also did any of you fellas keep getting “replays”? for instance, Well he’s gonna bank the 7 Well he’s gonna bank the 7 Well he’s gonna bank the 7. I had that a lot ~ T

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I been pretty satisfied with Truck's stream but this last one was just frustrating. Especially on Saturday night. I also missed a lot of the ending of crucial games. I know that weather was pretty bad but Truck should have been prepared for that or at least warned his clients. I always buy the package and would like to for the Des Moines event. But am hesitant if all the excuse is "Weather was bad sorry".
It would be good if there could be some of the matches missed accessible for those of us who paid. Saturday night was a bust.

Wife: Are you staying home with Efren whats his name. Or are you coming out with me.
Me: Uh you dont understand. Efren is playing Orcollo.
Wife: Who?
Me: Never mind. You go with the girls and have a good time. Heres some money.
Wife: Forget it. Bye. Tell Efren and Orchid I say good luck. (Slam)
Me: Damn, whats with all this buffering?

For the married folk, I think this is how most pool playing is facilitated. I'm often down $100 before I flip a coin!

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Wow. Manny plays about 2 balls better than me. If I were offered a piece of Dennis' side of this I don't think I'd take it, but the upside potential would make it quite a temptation.

Don't forget about my dunce cap: I'm probably the only half-wit who bet on J Hall, never bet against him, and lost money. Riddle me that. :frus

Dennis didn't like that game i think he was down three or four games and quit.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Did everyone who paid for the PoolAction TV stream from Buffalos last week have the same quality problems that I had? There were times that the stream was just completely down, and most of the rest of the time the feed was so choppy and delayed that it was pretty much unwatchable. It is great to have the opportunity to watch these events, but when the quality is so low it just isn't worth the $$$. I've inquired whether they are going to do anything to make it up to their customers who didn't get what they paid for, like putting up the matches on their website for viewing, but I haven't heard back from Big Truck or anyone else. Am I out of line to expect anything?

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Did everyone who paid for the PoolAction TV stream from Buffalos last week have the same quality problems that I had? There were times that the stream was just completely down, and most of the rest of the time the feed was so choppy and delayed that it was pretty much unwatchable. It is great to have the opportunity to watch these events, but when the quality is so low it just isn't worth the $$$. I've inquired whether they are going to do anything to make it up to their customers who didn't get what they paid for, like putting up the matches on their website for viewing, but I haven't heard back from Big Truck or anyone else. Am I out of line to expect anything?

I don't feel you are out of line at all. Yes everyone had the same problems. This is the first time I've paid for a stream from Ray in about 2 yrs now because of a different problem and of course I threw my money in the toilet. When I inquired about the unviewable stream with Jason Help Desk his only response was "I'm seeing what you are" I used to be a avid viewer of Ray's streams over the years and thought I'd try him again, but never again.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
This morning I received an email from Ray Hansen, who says:

"I am planning a re-broadcast AND I have 2 extra matches that were recorded from a side table that will be included.

Ray Hansen

Cue & A Promotions
www.PoolActionTV.com"

I hope this will happen, but I do note that he doesn't say when it will happen.