Buffalo's Pro Classic: May 23-26 2019

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I couldn't agree more! Although it was reported that JJ bought half of himself (since he only went for $1600).

Dave, that would be unusual for Jeremy. He usually does not buy part of his Calcutta.
I bought him once in our Texas Open 9-ball for $600. Guess what, he won. Paid out a little over $4000(small compared to NOLA payouts).

I did give JJ a little jelly.:eek:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Dave, that would be unusual for Jeremy. He usually does not buy part of his Calcutta.
I bought him once in our Texas Open 9-ball for $600. Guess what, he won. Paid out a little over $4000(small compared to NOLA payouts).

I did give JJ a little jelly.:eek:

Just repeating what was said in the chat by Terry (not sure if it's the same Terry on here). He said Ray Hanson bought him and JJ had 1/2. Maybe Ray was being generous and I misunderstood about JJ buying half back. Either way, great tourney for one of the old guys...JJ. He fought hard to get winning shots but didn't make the shots unfortunately, but he made chances for himself for sure.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Terry, is there a list of the top winners in the barbox 9-ball event at Buffalo's? I was surprised to see that Jamie Goodwin was there and competing.

Thanks.

I will see if i can get the list with more details to post

this is just what i remember

Roberto Gomez 1ST

Omar Alshaheen 2ND

BUSTY/ORCOLLO 3RD-4TH

61197894_10218434023860473_3744779820718882816_n.jpg

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Terry, is there a list of the top winners in the barbox 9-ball event at Buffalo's? I was surprised to see that Jamie Goodwin was there and competing.

Thanks.

Not sure how good you can read this, have to look close or maybe zoom in lol

The final 16 player single elimination bracket

Looks like J Goodwin got 9th -16th

61277057_10214744188027450_1750011676322693120_n.jpg

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Anyone know the results of the action matches going on yesterday?
Frost and Danny and i thought i heard Efren was playing Evan?

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Anyone know the results of the action matches going on yesterday?
Frost and Danny and i thought i heard Efren was playing Evan?

After Day 1: Frost and Smith are even. Resume 5 pm tonight.
Efren defeats Lunda 6-5 for 1K
Lil Jon defeats Russian Kenny in one ball one pocket for 45K.

Five or six other matches last night, including:

Lil John defeats Tyler Styer one pocket for 4.5K
Omar Al Shaheen defeats Lil John 10-8 for 5K
Josh Roberts playing Jamie Farrell 10-7
Russian Kenny defeats Tiger for 10K

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
after day 1: Frost and smith are even. Resume 5 pm tonight.
Efren defeats lunda 6-5 for 1k
lil jon defeats russian kenny in one ball one pocket for 45k.

Lil john defeats tyler styer one pocket for 4.5k
omar al shaheen defeats lil john 10-8 for 5k
josh roberts playing jamie farrell 10-7
russian kenny defeats tiger for 10k

Capture.PNG..............

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX

Damnit! I miss that place already.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Buffalos Tournament Report

Buffalos Tournament Report

The 5th Annual Buffalos Pro Classic is in the books so here are my views.

Most of you watched the action, so I'll fill you in on some information you may not have known.

Yes, I was the idiot who bid 10K on Alex. Sometimes, you get what you pay for.

The bracket was extremely top heavy, with Tony, Alex, Frost, Deuel, Bustamante and Efren all in the top bracket. This led to some early knockouts and allowed some of the mid-level talent to rise.

Gomez got an education from Jay Bird on Wednesday night, losing two sets for about $14,000. But there is no doubt that Gomez is coming hard. This is the second bubble for Gomez in his first two efforts at Buffalos after a top 5 run at the Derby. He does everything right: He practices, he doesn't drink or do drugs, runs out like water and gets his sleep. Keep an eye on him. He won the nine ball for the third tournament in a row. He is a serious talent and has a girlfriend who acts as his secretary and makes sure he does everything the right way.

Corey Deuel continued his stellar play, coming second at the Derby, at Scotty Townsend and now at Buffalo's, losing only to Busty and Alex twice. He is a value bet in any calcutta and a threat to come in the money every tournament. I did notice that JJ's patience forced a lot of reckless play from Deuel, and that seems to be the way to beat him. If Jones could execute his offense like he usually does, he would have beaten Corey but we all saw his struggles on the monster that is the TV table.

What can be said about Alex? He is without peer right now and they are playing for second in 2019. Shows up early, practices, eats right, exercises and gets the money. Sounds like a good plan, right?'

Largest Calcutta ever for the One Pocket and the Nine ball. Just keeps getting better. Hope you all enjoyed it. We always have fun and I loved seeing all the onepocket.org members soaking in the atmosphere. Hope to see more of you next year. If Buffalo ever goes to non smoking, I think it would be a unanimous vote for our member tournament. Buff is talking about expanding 10,000 more feet. If he does, he will make a tournament room and maybe I can twist his arm and make that area non-smoking.

Thanks to everyone for supporting the tournament,

Joe Long

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Most of you watched the action, so I'll fill you in on some information you may not have known.

The bracket was extremely top heavy, with Tony, Alex, Frost, Deuel, Bustamante and Efren all in the top bracket. This led to some early knockouts and allowed some of the mid-level talent to rise.

Gomez got an education from Jay Bird on Wednesday night, losing two sets for about $14,000. But there is no doubt that Gomez is coming hard. This is the second bubble for Gomez in his first two efforts at Buffalos after a top 5 run at the Derby. He does everything right: He practices, he doesn't drink or do drugs, runs out like water and gets his sleep. Keep an eye on him. He won the nine ball for the third tournament in a row. He is a serious talent and has a girlfriend who acts as his secretary and makes sure he does everything the right way.

Corey Deuel continued his stellar play, coming second at the Derby, at Scotty Townsend and now at Buffalo's, losing only to Busty and Alex twice. He is a value bet in any calcutta and a threat to come in the money every tournament. I did notice that JJ's patience forced a lot of reckless play from Deuel, and that seems to be the way to beat him. If Jones could execute his offense like he usually does, he would have beaten Corey but we all saw his struggles on the monster that is the TV table.

What can be said about Alex? He is without peer right now and they are playing for second in 2019. Shows up early, practices, eats right, exercises and gets the money. Sounds like a good plan, right?'

Largest Calcutta ever for the One Pocket and the Nine ball. Just keeps getting better. Hope you all enjoyed it. We always have fun and I loved seeing all the onepocket.org members soaking in the atmosphere. Hope to see more of you next year. If Buffalo ever goes to non smoking, I think it would be a unanimous vote for our member tournament. Buff is talking about expanding 10,000 more feet. If he does, he will make a tournament room and maybe I can twist his arm and make that area non-smoking.

Joe Long

I hope to get there one day too Joe, you make it sound pretty sweet (even with the smoking hehe) :)

Thanks for your report and insight!

Erik

From
Lancaster, PA

Joe Long

Thanks for the report and helping make the tournament happen. I look forward to the stream every year

Erik

From
Lancaster, PA
At the beginning of the finals I saw Deuel and Alex having some small discussion during the first game, which based on what was happening on the table, I think was a gentleman's agreement to not climb on the table, despite it being "legal" in the room.

Also, during the Chip/J Hall match Richie Richeson sat in the booth with Larry Schwartz for a bit. Larry asked him what his thoughts were on climbing on the table. Richie said he didn't like it, especially against lesser players, that you might lock them up real good and if they couldn't shoot well with the bridge or opposite handed they just climb up on the table and escape. Essentially taking away needing those other skill sets. I'm neither for or against it, though its often amusing to watch, but I thought that take was interesting.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Lil John is having a good week. He also earlier beat the little Robo feller too. Is he in stroke, or is he just matching up well?

~Doc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Buffalo's Pro Classic: May 23-26 2019

I think the Russian beat little John two nights ago for either 10 or 20k getting a ball playing run out 9 ball, but John obviously got it back and then some.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Joe Long
Thank you Joe!!! Next year -- I hope I can make it!!

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

Joe Long
Great idea. A non smoking tournament area in the new area would really draw a big crowd