Buffalo's Pro Classic: May 23-26 2019

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Payout money for One Pocket and 9 Ball events Buffalo's Billiards Style Baby

Capture.jpg

Every single penny put in by the players and Calcutta buyers was paid out plus $12,000 in true added money.

No green fees and no cut for the house on the Calcutta !00% payout on everything. Buffalo's Billiards does it right guys.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I think he's hanging out with Richie R. Anyway I was looking for you in the crowd, but it was very dark on cam, ... Mary K spotted you right when you first sat in on the Hall-Compton match. She and Larry S were giving you some fine compliments, so I thought that was nice of them.. What a poolroom that is...
I didn't know that Jimmy. It's nice to hear. They're both good folks...:)

~Doc

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Alex is the best! I would be interested in your opinion on Efren in his prime and Alex today, who would win? It's hard to even suggest such a thing cause Effie is my hero, but damn...

What say you?

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Alex is the best! I would be interested in your opinion on Efren in his prime and Alex today, who would win? It's hard to even suggest such a thing cause Effie is my hero, but damn...

What say you?

I heard Alex talking and somebody asked him about his one pocket style.

His response was, i figure out a way to beat the guy i am playing that is my strategy lol

And he's a amazing at it, look at any of his last big money matches.

He played Scott, Tony and J-Hall and they all did ok at 1st until Alex figured out the best way to beat each guy and then he lowers the BOOM.

He's a world class ball potter he has precision cue ball control and he's a super smart creative player. That my friends is a lethal combination.

I honestly can't say who would win between Efren in his prime and Alex, but i do know it would be one hell of a match lol

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

What say you?

Oh, that's easy. No question, by a wide margin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . dead even. :p

Seriously, they're both smarter than witch-doctors, and although Alex has an edge on pocketing, I'd give Efren a slight edge on cue ball and kicking.

You need to listen to me because I played Parica a match at the Derby once and almost made a ball!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
congrats to alex of course ($41,240)
but no shame to corey($29,040)
or JJ ($20,120)
for 2/3

You can't really count Calcutta money in the pro's earnings. Few of them even have a piece of it.

Most of the Calcutta winners -- especially here -- will give the guys who cash some jelly, but not anything like those numbers.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
You can't really count Calcutta money in the pro's earnings. Few of them even have a piece of it.

Most of the Calcutta winners -- especially here -- will give the guys who cash some jelly, but not anything like those numbers.

thanks john
prize money only
alex $17,000
corey $11,000
jeremy $8,000

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Didn't hear about that. Did Corey foul out in his last game?

Corey was on two fouls....and miscues & three fouls to end the tournament Alex wins 5-0.

Last year was way worse he was playing J-Hall in the semi finals and the score was hill hill he was stuck on the stack and on two he tried to kick at ball and failed to get a rail & three fouls to lose the match :eek:

Two years in a row Three fouls out of the biggest One Pocket event of the year. Brutal way to lose lol

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thanks Terry, and Ray for the stream -- and big thank you to Buffalo's and Joe Long too for all you do!! And PATV help desk too lol :D

What a great event -- maybe next year I go too :D:D

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO

I couldn't agree more! Although it was reported that JJ bought half of himself (since he only went for $1600).

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Thanks Terry, and Ray for the stream -- and big thank you to Buffalo's and Joe Long too for all you do!! And PATV help desk too lol :D

What a great event -- maybe next year I go too :D:D

Thank you...

We have two more great One Pocket events on the schedule

Jun 06 Efren Reyes vs Billy Thorpe One Pocket $20,000 One Pocket Action Match

Jul 10 Midwest Expo Big Dog Billiards Pro One Pocket event 5k added 1k entry 16 player format same as Buffalos event. Many of the same players from Buff's event already are confirmed for Big Dog.

Scott and Danny are playing a big match tonight at Buffalo's but unfortunately PoolActionTV is not able to stream that match for you guys due to a prior commitment.

Ray has to pack all the cameras and streaming equipment up at Buffalo's Billiards in New Orleans and head to The Brass Tap & Billiards in Raleigh,North Carolina.

Everything has to be taken down packed up driven 900 miles unpacked and set back up and ready for The 10K Added Big Table Beasley 9 Ball Open that starts on Thursday, Ray is a true road warrior guys.

We have a few more Elite One Pocket matches in the works too, say tuned one pocket fans details should be coming soon :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Terry, is there a list of the top winners in the barbox 9-ball event at Buffalo's? I was surprised to see that Jamie Goodwin was there and competing.

Thanks.