Buffalo's Pro Classic: May 23-26 2019

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Good news.... We have changed the Sunday streaming schedule guys.

Sunday we now have a Quarter final match, Semi Finals and Finals :)

Bad news Corey and J-Hall start really early 9am :eek:

A New Design (8).jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Jeremy worked really hard to control Alex, and I would say that in nearly every game JJ actually had a clear shot to win the game. However, in the games he lost, it was missed shots that killed him. I am talking about missed shots that came with position to run more balls or get out. And these were opportunities that JJ had earned by great moving and defensive play, but when it came time to capitalize with the run out, his shot-making faltered.

I mean in a sense he looked a lot like me -- and a lot of us -- except of course at an entirely different level lol. By that I mean good moving to earn shots, but then faltering on the shots to lose his advantage. I guess the final score was 5-3 in games, but seriously, JJ had himself in position to make balls in most, if not all, of the 5 games that Alex won. And they were not his toughest shots. They were the kind of shots that as a shooter you are (he was) playing position to get more balls, not ducking while rolling a ball near your hole. And they were definitely situations where balls were available to either get out or get a bunch.

Both JJ and Alex take a lot of time before they pull the trigger, so it was something like a 6 hour match. If it had gone hill-hill I can only imagine lol. If Corey beats Justin Hall this morning I look for another marathon between Corey and JJ because Corey is another time hog at the table...!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Jeremy worked really hard to control Alex, and I would say that in nearly every game JJ actually had a clear shot to win the game. However, in the games he lost, it was missed shots that killed him. I am talking about missed shots that came with position to run more balls or get out. And these were opportunities that JJ had earned by great moving and defensive play, but when it came time to capitalize with the run out, his shot-making faltered.

I mean in a sense he looked a lot like me -- and a lot of us -- except of course at an entirely different level lol. By that I mean good moving to earn shots, but then faltering on the shots to lose his advantage. I guess the final score was 5-3 in games, but seriously, JJ had himself in position to make balls in most, if not all, of the 5 games that Alex won. And they were not his toughest shots. They were the kind of shots that as a shooter you are (he was) playing position to get more balls, not ducking while rolling a ball near your hole. And they were definitely situations where balls were available to either get out or get a bunch.

Both JJ and Alex take a lot of time before they pull the trigger, so it was something like a 6 hour match. If it had gone hill-hill I can only imagine lol. If Corey beats Justin Hall this morning I look for another marathon between Corey and JJ because Corey is another time hog at the table...!
You're right about JJ's ball pocketing, as I alluded to in my earlier post. He simply seemed spooked about that very tight pocketed table. He was even missing balls in his warm-up, which carried on over to his match play. He simply was not dialed in or confident in his shot making. His safeties, OTOH, were superb. He put Alex into many traps that a lesser player would have wilted under. I hope he's back in form later today when he faces either Hall or Deuel.

~Doc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

And Hall looking like he is totally out of it -- just missed a simple ball in hand rolling forward for shape -- missed the shot by about 3 inches!!

Funny FB post by Buff:

What chance did Justin Hall have at 9am ....in the Big Easy ...a notorious 24 hour town.?...It took about 8 calls to his phone to get him over here to start with...meanwhile Corey probably said his morning prayers.... jogged on the hotel treadmill....grabbed a glass of orange juice and is off to a 4-0 lead

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
And Hall looking like he is totally out of it -- just missed a simple ball in hand rolling forward for shape -- missed the shot by about 3 inches!!

And he just missed again with the cue ball near his side pocket, and a ball half way between there and his pocket nearly straight in -- wtf????

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Funny FB post by Buff:

What chance did Justin Hall have at 9am ....in the Big Easy ...a notorious 24 hour town.?...It took about 8 calls to his phone to get him over here to start with...meanwhile Corey probably said his morning prayers.... jogged on the hotel treadmill....grabbed a glass of orange juice and is off to a 4-0 lead

Is there that little motivation for 20-40 K???

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well Justin came back in that last game, getting to where he needed to make a simple cross corner with shape for his out ball. But he missed the bank and a few shots later he scratched and Corey made the spot shot to get out and let Justin go back to bed lol.

So a short break and then it will be semifinals with Corey vs JJ to settle 3rd place and see who moves on to face Alex in the finals.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Funny FB post by Buff:

I talked to Evan about this. I told Evan, dude how do you go two and out. Evan is like, I stayed up all night gambling and had nothing in the tank for the tournament.

I’d be upset if I bought him in the tournament, especially not having a tournament attitude.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Funny FB post by Buff:

Well, there you have it. Hall quit the partying for awhile, and his game came way up. Now he's back in the bar life. Joe L. and I told Justin that we thought he'd quit drinking. He said, "Yeah, I quit at 6 o'clock this morning." He's way overweight, and doesn't look good. Too bad to see another great talent gradually wasted. Hope he can get back on track.

~Doc

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Well, there you have it. Hall quit the partying for awhile, and his game came way up. Now he's back in the bar life. Joe L. and I told Justin that we thought he'd quit drinking. He said, "Yeah, I quit at 6 o'clock this morning." He's way overweight, and doesn't look good. Too bad to see another great talent gradually wasted. Hope he can get back on track.

~Doc

Here is what Buffalo the owner of the room posted about that lol

Buffalo posts some funny stuff, you guys should follow him on Facebook if not already, the stuff he posts is funny AF

Capture.jpg

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Here is what Buffalo the owner of the room posted about that lol

Buffalo posts some funny stuff, you guys should follow him on Facebook if not already, the stuff he posts is funny AF

View attachment 24507

If I recall correctly Alex recently player Hall at his room on his special table and he lost everyone blamed his girlfriend for distracting him. I think its time to realize he is his own worst enemy.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Where's Jeremy? Is there a forfeit rule, if so how long? Is JJ in the 9-ball tourney and playing a match? I was really hoping for a noon start time as advertised so I can get in as much pool as possible having to leave the house in 2.5 hours from now. :(

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Where's Jeremy? Is there a forfeit rule, if so how long? Is JJ in the 9-ball tourney and playing a match? I was really hoping for a noon start time as advertised so I can get in as much pool as possible having to leave the house in 2.5 hours from now. :(

Looks like he just showed up and getting ready to warm up and get the match going hopefully.

Jimmy B

Verified Member

~Doc

I think he's hanging out with Richie R. Anyway I was looking for you in the crowd, but it was very dark on cam, ... Mary K spotted you right when you first sat in on the Hall-Compton match. She and Larry S were giving you some fine compliments, so I thought that was nice of them.. What a poolroom that is...

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Anyone have a line on the over for this match? 4 hours?