Buffalo's pro 16 man 1P v.s U.S. Open Vegas

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Looks like there is again a slight conflict between the two events. Buff's pro 16 man event runs May 23-26, whereas the U.S. Open runs May 24-June 1 at Griff's.

However the U.S. Open starts with bank pool, then straight pool. The 1P doesn't start until May 30, so the guys that choose to do so have plenty of time to get from N.O. to Vegas to play both 1P events.

I wonder if JB will go out to Vegas to play the U.S. Open banks? Hope he can make it. I expect some of the Chicago boys might play too.

~Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Looks like there is again a slight conflict between the two events. Buff's pro 16 man event runs May 23-26, whereas the U.S. Open runs May 24-June 1 at Griff's.

However the U.S. Open starts with bank pool, then straight pool. The 1P doesn't start until May 30, so the guys that choose to do so have plenty of time to get from N.O. to Vegas to play both 1P events.

I wonder if JB will go out to Vegas to play the U.S. Open banks? Hope he can make it. I expect some of the Chicago boys might play too.

~Doc

I also noticed the conflict. It seems every year there are conflicting big tournaments. With so few tournaments you would think it would be easy to eliminate these conflicts but I guess no one looks ahead

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

~Doc

It will give the second tier pros a good payday. Also, it will minimize travel expenses for those southern players not wanting to spend the $1,000 entry plus hotel/etc. which easily can run $2,500 for a week in vegas.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This conflict was even worse last year. This year once it was discovered, CSI did switch the One Pocket timing within their panoply of events so it was not a direct conflict with Buffaloes. I also heard that the Buffaloes owner offered to pay the Buffalo winner's entry fee into the US Open One Pocket -- nice gesture.