Buddy vs Jeremy WWYD ?

LSJohn

Verified Member
My first attempt at a WWYD. (How can I know how large I want the image so it fits well on 1P org without first pasting and previewing, adjusting, previewing again, etc?)

Jeremy has Buddy in a tough spot. He can't see the bottom of the 12. He studies this for a long time before he makes his choice. WWYD?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
If he can see the 9 (by the side pocket) he can pocket it, and roll the CB up to about 1-1/2 diamonds from the corner. If not, he can do about the same thing off the 6 ball.

Buddy does like to shoot at his hole with circus shots, so it'll be interesting to see what he did here.

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
Doc

Doc

Is this available? Is that his pocket where whitey is?

Looks like it but no side view available, and he didn't shoot it so...

I think I would have shot Doc's shot, making the 9, if it's not.

wincardona

Verified Member
Positioning the cue ball in back of the 2ball is the ideal place to put it, even if you have to kick softly off the side rail to get there.

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
My first attempt at a WWYD. (How can I know how large I want the image so it fits well on 1P org without first pasting and previewing, adjusting, previewing again, etc?)
John,

I don't know what the numbers mean but they get bigger as I save more and more of a pic. At the beginning of this pic, cursor in the upper left-hand corner of table (doing a screensave) the numbers were 227 x 134 for this pic but as I finished it (lower right-hand corner) the numbers grew to 989 x 589 and it came out to 939kb.

jj2.jpg

As I dragged the cursor partway across the screen I stopped here and did another screenshot. The numbers were 600 x 363 and it came out to 540kb.

nnn.png

I don't know if this helps you at all since I don't know what the numbers mean but they seem to be related to size.

Dennis

LSJohn

Verified Member
John,

I don't know what the numbers mean but they get bigger as I save more and more of a pic. At the beginning of this pic, cursor in the upper left-hand corner of table (doing a screensave) the numbers were 227 x 134 for this pic but as I finished it (lower right-hand corner) the numbers grew to 989 x 589 and it came out to 939kb.

View attachment 14753

As I dragged the cursor partway across the screen I stopped here and did another screenshot. The numbers were 600 x 363 and it came out to 540kb.

View attachment 14754

I don't know if this helps you at all since I don't know what the numbers mean but they seem to be related to size.

Dennis
Thanks. Seems consistent with what I thought the numbers were trying to tell me.

androd

Verified Member
Is that what I'll always want on a vertical and reverse on a horizontal?
Irfanview.com (free) works well for editing and resizing. Just guess at a size, if it doesn't work try another. Also lighten and darken and clip to size.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Irfanview.com (free) works well for editing and resizing. Just guess at a size, if it doesn't work try another. Also lighten and darken and clip to size.
Yeah, I have Irfanview -- you sent me there -- but I had my son beside me to hold my hand through getgreenshot. I can do the resizing there or at Imgur, but I wasn't clear how the numbers work nor whether they will work the same with every pic. Seems like they just mean size, and I hear that size matters (hope not.:eek:)

Thanks

LSJohn

Verified Member
Jeremy could see the 10 fully? If so, that's a pretty terrible shot in my opinion. Did he get away with it?
No, I don't think he could. The end of my arrow may be showing it going a little farther behind that stripe than it actually did. Lemme see if I can post a pic.

Now WWYD, not seeing the 10? (It's possible he could see the 10 but thought he saw something better.)

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
No, I don't think he could. The end of my arrow may be showing it going a little farther behind that stripe than it actually did. Lemme see if I can post a pic.

Now WWYD, not seeing the 10? (It's possible he could see the 10 but thought he saw something better.)
Wrong answer. Told ya:p.

Correct answer: @$^&*! $% &(@#$ @_&%@!#:D

RBL

youngstownkid

Verified Member
Make the 9 in the side and run cb off long rail so its behind the 10 or 12 in relation to his pocket. Won't be able to get to close to it tho, so he might be able to put you back where you started.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, you're opinion, man.

NH Steve

Administrator
Nice first stab at a WWYD LSJohn!

Size matters some, but the "quality" of the image also makes a difference. By quality, I mean what the computer/monitor think of as quality -- not blurryness or other photographic qualities. I find when I use Greenshot that most of the screen captures don't come out too big (assuming I crop them to the essential table area, which is easy to do in Greenshot), so they can be output at 100%. but under Greenshot --> Preferences, you can select "Output" and move the slider for quality. The higher the quality, the larger the file size.

All around, I really like to use Greenshot -- it is quick and simple and you can draw lines and labels too.

Attachments