Buddy Hall vs. Jeremy Jones 1998 W.O.P.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The intentional foul shot really isnt very good in that spot. So you position the Q ball great and hook your opponent. Now your on one foul and your opponent taps the Q. Your screwed worse than before.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Ok Billy...and as for the other shot choices...

Before androd suggested the shot under the 8ball....Artie posted what he said was definitely the "correct shot" to shoot here - the shot that Freddy just said in his post a few minutes ago, was no good, and explained why...what do you think of Artie's "correct shot" - here's a copy of Artie's post stating his choice >>>

- Ghost
Got tou need too go back yoo kindergarden. You are completly clueless. About what you say.

You need too open up your eyes and mind. Because the cue ball can not go thier unless he goes behind the eight ball.

And further more It is completly Imposable to get the eight ball were it showes unless you go behind the eight ball.

Howe many shots do you want at this shot with the eight ball 3 8 off a ball off the rail or a half a ball off the rail.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I suppose that after you put the cue ball in front of those 2 balls that are lined up along the rail by Buddy's pocket, that Buddy's oppo would never think to shoot the first ball into the other, stopping the cue ball and knocking both balls over to his side? Amazing that no one else thought of this bad result yet. I was waiting for someone else to spot the flaw in the shot.

Maybe, except for the ghost everybody else is afraid to challenge Artie.?? I try and duck arguments with him because you have as much chance penetrating that thick German head as jumpin' the moon.
Plus I'm sure that everybody really believes that he justs plays the game only, totally ignores who he is playing, and never uses psychology or tries to get into his oppo's head. Ask Race Track Phil about Artie's patented tch, tch smirk when someone makes a give-up shot on him. Or how he shakes his head when his oppo manages to find a difficult right shot and executes it, trying to sell the guy that he did the wrong thing.
You better leave me alone Artie or I will release all your secrets. You know I have a file on everybody. Everybody except the Duck. He didnt do enough of anything for me to accumulate anything. Although an anonymous donor has promised to send me a photo of the Duck in UPS shorts and knee socks.

Beard
Freedy your files are a complete ZERO. You need too get a file on yourself.

Forget about calling people names. Unless you want me too do the same and it will affect you. IT wont mean nothing too me. Its ass easy too talk nice ass it is not talking nice.

Explain the shot and if you think your shot is better. The only answer I way. THen bet on it. .

On my last reply I said you were a friend off mein. And I did you favors.But by the way you talk it makes me wonder.

I was talking too the goast.because he was looking too make me a prop bet.And then you come in with a smart alickie remark. About my two shots. Maybe you want too play from that position.

And I will shoot in Buddys position and you can have all the balls the way they are. And I will shoot one off my shots.

And I wont even have too shoot the shot I said was exelent that Buddy shot.

I am going too waite before I answer too my two shots to see if you like the bet. And if we dont have a bet. Thats ok too.Then I will explain my shot that you dont no anything about.

And if you shoot your two shots you can take either one of your shots and get 7 to 5 on the money.

Thats a prety good deal Im making my shot 7-5 over your shots. Each Game And on my shot I am also giving you ball position atvantage. Its a shame that your ego is Bigger then you mouth.

Can you tell me my secrets too. I never herd them. I no one time you played psycologe on me.

And I wouldnt play you no other way anymore because I didnt want too have a psycological edge on you. Do you remember the game?

But if you think you like your two shots. We can play them. And we can make a sociabel bet. twenty dollaers a game.

So I dont want you too think I am looking too beat you out off your money. Just too show the strength off the two shots. And you can shoot one ball into the other.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jtompilot said:
The intentional foul shot really isnt very good in that spot. So you position the Q ball great and hook your opponent. Now your on one foul and your opponent taps the Q. Your screwed worse than before.
Thats correct what you have said. He is on a scratch and he owes a ball. And he made his position worse then it was.

This is a good discription you gave on the shot.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You didnt pay enough attn

You didnt pay enough attn

jtompilot said:

Apparently you didnt read and absorb my very comprehensive description of the thought process and shot sequence in my deliberate scratch option. You must have missed the part where I push the cue ball enough past the object ball (toward the cushion side of the object ball) to where I would be straight in on my other object ball and he would be snookered to his pocket.

I probably should have prefaced all this with the given that I am very comfortable doing this type of thing. So this stuff is certainly no problem for me. And another point that I was trying to make is that most players are not comfortable doing these exchanges, and there is power to be gained in just adding that stuff to your repertoire -- or does everybody think that pocketing a ball is all that there is to pool?

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Nobody, including Artie, made any comment on my disclosure of Artie's use of the psyche weapon I discussed. (Making believe that you did more than you really did)

All I know is that I won way more games with strategy and psychology, than firing in long hard shots.

Beard

The scary thing is the dearth of interest in the psyche side of the game.
fred bentivegna said:
Funny you mention that. When I hung around the Rack in Detroit 70s, 80s, I had a whole passel of shortstop customers that I played 10 to 7. But there was one thing I always insisted on, and that was spotting up two balls and going to 8. Usually nobody even noticed that I could have only spotted up one. If they insisted I only spot up one, then there was no game. The difference between spotting one or two was tremendous. Aside from the fact that you can keep more balls in play to run, many times the two ball spot works out to be a trap or at minimum a blocker, for your oppo.

Beard

Freddy,

It must have been really nice to play people so stupid that they let you go to 8, for 30 years, in a 10-7 game. Like I said, morons.

It must also have been very nice to play people so mentally weak that you could "make believe that you did more than you really did" and this could turn the game in your favor.

Unfortunately for me I was usually playing people that weren't idiots. They knew that in a 10-7 game I should spot 1 and go to 9. The few times that I was receiving 10-7 I knew that the other guy spots 1 and goes to 9 too.

I don't know how to "pretend" that I did more than I really did. The balls speak for themselves, I look at the balls on the table and that's how I find out what happened, I don't look into my opponents eyes to discern anything, except when he's on his last barrel or scared. I can't fool a person who just has to look at the table to see where the balls are, unless he's a moron. I never had the luxury of playing too many morons though.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
No problem

No problem

Cowboy Dennis said:
Freddy,

It must have been really nice to play people so stupid that they let you go to 8, for 30 years, in a 10-7 game. Like I said, morons.

It must also have been very nice to play people so mentally weak that you could "make believe that you did more than you really did" and this could turn the game in your favor.

Unfortunately for me I was usually playing people that weren't idiots. They knew that in a 10-7 game I should spot 1 and go to 9. The few times that I was receiving 10-7 I knew that the other guy spots 1 and goes to 9 too.

I don't know how to "pretend" that I did more than I really did. The balls speak for themselves, I look at the balls on the table and that's how I find out what happened, I don't look into my opponents eyes to discern anything, except when he's on his last barrel or scared. I can't fool a person who just has to look at the table to see where the balls are, unless he's a moron. I never had the luxury of playing too many morons though.

Dennis

It is obvious that no one is really interested in the inner game of pool so I will easily withdraw. What do I know anyway? No skin off my nose.

I will also withdraw from any more,"Whatta-ya-do-here's." They give me brain farts anyway. There is as much Flaming here as there is between me and the Duck. Me no need it.
Now I got Artie looking to make a flame case. He knocked my choice and ridiculed my logic, and then gets an attitude when I give him some feedback on his choice of placing the cue ball in front of the 2 balls along Buddys rail. After 50 yrs of playing all morons, I am set in my ways and I aint looking to debate my shot choices, so I will no longer offer any.

If there is still anybody that has a concern of what I think about certain things they can access me privately.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy !!!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy !!!

fred bentivegna said:
It is obvious that no one is really interested in the inner game of pool so I will easily withdraw. What do I know anyway? I will also withdraw from any more,"Whatta-ya-do-here's."

There is as much Flaming here as there is between me and the Duck. Me no need it.
After 50 years of playing nothing but moron's, I am set in my ways and I aint looking to debate my shot choices, so I will no longer offer any.

If there is still anybody that has a concern of what I think about certain things they can access me privately.

Beard

Mr. Beard Sir,

I often have questions re; "moves", and you will be the first person I will ask for help...I also like the idea of PM's, so those know-it-alls, (like the Goast, Denise, and AB)
won't be butting in all the time...Furthermore, I think I qualify as a "moron"...because Denise calls me one all the time..:( (he/she has no idea how much it hurts)

I just hope and pray you will overlook our past minor differences, and give me your honest evaluation, and invaluable shot selection.

So Looking forward to our new "private" relationship...;)

Mr. Duck <---Hates to see you leave the general forum, on these important issues...but its their loss..

PS..First PM is on it's way...:)

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Mr. Beard Sir,

I often have questions re; "moves", and you will be the first person I will ask for help...I also like the idea of PM's, so those know-it-alls, (like the Goast, Denise, and AB)
won't be butting in all the time...Furthermore, I think I qualify as a "moron"...because Denise calls me one all the time..:( (he has no idea how much it hurts)

I just hope and pray you will overlook our past minor differences, and give me your honest evaluation, and invaluable shot selection.

Mr. Duck <---Hates to see you leave the general forum, on these important issues...but its their loss..

This is the hardest I've laughed since I've been on this site.
Thanks.:p :D
Rod.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
fred bentivegna said:
Apparently you didnt read and absorb my very comprehensive description of the thought process and shot sequence in my deliberate scratch option. You must have missed the part where I push the cue ball enough past the object ball (toward the cushion side of the object ball) to where I would be straight in on my other object ball and he would be snookered to his pocket.

I probably should have prefaced all this with the given that I am very comfortable doing this type of thing. So this stuff is certainly no problem for me. And another point that I was trying to make is that most players are not comfortable doing these exchanges, and there is power to be gained in just adding that stuff to your repertoire -- or does everybody think that pocketing a ball is all that there is to pool?

Beard

Hi Beard, I'm still trying to understand the mind game mumbo jumbo. There is so much to learn about this game. I did reread your posts.

Thanks for your contrabutions. My spelling sucks worse than my game.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
jtompilot said:
Hi Beard, I'm still trying to understand the mind game mumbo jumbo. There is so much to learn about this game. I did reread your posts.

Thanks for your contrabutions. My spelling sucks worse than my game.

Good luck with that, especially figuring out the Beard & Artie.

I can't figure them out but am trying to play both of them and that's not working out to well either.

When you gonna fly up to No Cal and maybe we can play some.

If you are at DCC, introduce yourself.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Anxiously awaiting....

Anxiously awaiting....

SJDinPHX said:
Mr. Beard Sir,

won't be butting in all the time...Furthermore, I think I qualify as a "moron"...because Denise calls me one all the time..:( (he/she has no idea how much it hurts)

I do know one guy whose loss it isnt, (to not gain any knowledge from me) ---- ME.

...Well I am waiting for your PM. God knows you could use the help.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
It is obvious that no one is really interested in the inner game of pool so I will easily withdraw. What do I know anyway? No skin off my nose.

I will also withdraw from any more,"Whatta-ya-do-here's." They give me brain farts anyway. There is as much Flaming here as there is between me and the Duck. Me no need it.
Now I got Artie looking to make a flame case. He knocked my choice and ridiculed my logic, and then gets an attitude when I give him some feedback on his choice of placing the cue ball in front of the 2 balls along Buddys rail. After 50 yrs of playing all morons, I am set in my ways and I aint looking to debate my shot choices, so I will no longer offer any.

Beard
Freddy,

You complain that nobody comments on your posts(not the first time) and then you piss & moan when I do. I didn't do anything but state facts, I didn't even tease you. I never played people stupid enough to fall for the ideas you suggested and I said so. Do you ever see anybody else complain that nobody commented on their ideas? We toss ideas out there and sometimes they are picked up and sometimes not.

As for you withdrawing from the "what would you do heres", as Yogi Berra would have said: "If you don't wanna participate in the 'what would you dos', nobody's gonna stop you". You've rarely ever commented on them anyway, much like your AccuStats commentary where you usually don't blabber all over the shot(beforehand) like the other annoying commentators do. You also don't usually lock yourself in to a particular shot there either.

Addressing your comment about the inner-game of pool: I can give you and anybody I ever met in a poolroom the 7,8 & the break when it comes to the mental aspect of playing ANY game so don't go thinking you've got the market cornered there either. The majority of the posters here are fun/cheap players, the mental aspect of the game doesn't mean much until the fire is on high, that's when things start to meltdown.

AB said he only looked at the balls when he came to the table, it didn't matter who he was playing. That's probably not completely accurate but it's a good start for someone working on their mental game. We, of course, must consider who we are playing to decide what to leave but the general idea of "playing the balls" not the opponent is a good place to start.

To your comment that AB knocked your choice & ridiculed your logic:That's what AB do. It's not our concern, it's between him and you, why involve us? You made comments about nobody challenging AB on this forum except the Ghost, I think you have a very selective memory. I was the first person ever on this forum that AB admitted to, that my shot was correct and his was wrong. That took some doing but when he finally saw the light(not often) he admitted he was wrong.

Freddy, if you do respond to this post, please be nice. If you can only respond with vitriol and scorn for anything I've written I'd rather not read it at all.

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:

Beard
Freddy you are a grown man. I didnt redicule your shots. I said the were no goog and it would not matter who said that about those two shots. I chalanged the shot.

And you wright away took it opersonaly. Its got nothing too do with you. Its the shots thier no good. And thats what I did with the goast. I didnt pick on the goast. I picket on the shoots.

And whoever would agree on those two shots. I would have said the same thing. Its not you or the goast or anyone else. Those shots are suicidale. And you think you can role the cue ball behind a ball like that and get the cuse ball perfect .That cant be done.

And you like calling people names witch is not nice. And as far as my shot goes. I will give you the key too my shot. And you will see that my shot will do the same thing as what you are trying too do by taking the scratch behind the ball.

And I make it worse for my opponent and it doesnt cost me a ball. Her is is I am going too give up a key factor on my shot.

Witch I didnt want to say. But you got it out off me. So I need to explain it. Fully. and you will even see that going off the ball on Buddys side pocket is the better off the two shots.

And when I am done talking about it it will be as clear as a bell...And I want you too understand. This is not about you so dont take it personsl. When its about the shots.

I come off the ball by the side pocket. and I leave you straight in with the ball on tha butom rail. And the ball I am comming off ove will come off the rail about a ball or more.

Now I have changed my whole position. Because I have my opponent in a worse spot then you were going to put him in.

Because he cant do a whole lot and I even put the ball away from the side that can be banket. If he leaves me on a good angle if he shoots my ball in the pocket on the rail.

THe key is not leavung both balls on the rail. But leaving the first ball and the cue ball on the rail not the middle ball. And putting the ball by the side pocket a ball or more off the rail. That is the key.Not leaving both balls on the raill. And giving you a perfect shot.

But now that I explained my shot. I want you too under stand I am not pickiing on you or calling you dumb or stupid.I am saying what I feel and belive and I have too say what I belive and think is coorect.

And when people talk about a shot. Thier will be conficy on the shot. And we should stay on the shot not who said it or take it personale. Like they are saying were dumb and stupite.Its not personal. Its about the shot. And because two people dont agree on a shot. That doesnt mean that thier enimies because they have different opinons.

And as far as your Psycolagy. I have nothing against it. Its good for people too belive and think what they think works for them. Just like Astrolgy or a fourtune teller. Or anything people belive is ok.

I explained howe I think I explained what I do and what I concentrate on in a game. I cant do anything but play from the position I have too shoot for. And my goal is too control those positions. And thier are things that happen in a game that are out off line that will efect the other player.

Like Ronnie sharking another player in a key spot. or doing anything too distact or brack the pther players concentration. And yes I belive you can psyce a player out or use psycholagy on them. But My mind set is on the game.

And if I execute what I am suppose too do in the game I will win. And my mind is on the game. Not who I am playing or the audence. Its all about winning the game. Nothing else. Its not about sharking or putting my opponent down.

It makes me feel good when I am playing the game well and executing what I am trying too do. That is what makes me feel good. Not my opponent playing poor or missing shots. Its about me and howe I play the game.

I take full responsability what I do and happines in a game. If I win or loose. I take responsability for it. I dont blame the other player for loosing. Its all about you win you win or loose.

And the cold hard facts are someone has to win and some one has too loose. Because thats the kind off game it is. Thier is a winner and looser in every game. And Freddy this is nothing personale. Its only about the shots. And my opinion on what I belive and know.

If you let go off a lot off things said that you take personale. You will feel a lote better and you wont beat yourself up.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Three minutes apart, that's scary, especially since I've been thinking & typing for 45 minutes.
When people are talking about a shot selection. And the pick tier too shots tier not knocking your shots thier saying thier shots are correct and better shots.

And you call it knocking. And when they explain howe they think and its different then how you think.

Then in your mind thier nocking. I guess if everyone agreed and not give thier shot selection or what they think and belive.

And dont agree with you then thier nocking. IF what I am saying is not true. THen howe do I say one thing and then another thingon the same shot. I guess you call that a complamentry Knock.

But its only talking about the shots. Its not about the person. Its about the shot.

And when its all over it will end up just being talk. But my purpose is to try to show wat I think and no.

And just maybe it can help peoples games. If it doesnt do anything then what I said was not accepted or it was misunderstood.

Or the dont want too belive what I am saying. And they go on beliveing what they think and belive. And why not belive in what they think and belive.

Its thier life nobody elses and nobody can take our place.

And to get the correct shot we have to find the answer to WHY it is the correct shot?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
OK guy's...back off my new PM buddy....

OK guy's...back off my new PM buddy....

= Fred Bentivegna
...Well I am waiting your PM. God knows you could use the help.

Hang in there Fred....PM coming soon...:cool:

PS..What a pleasure it will be...not having to deal with all the riff-raff, and their stupid shot selections...(especially Denise).:eek:

Last edited:

senor

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
...the mental aspect of the game doesn't mean much until the fire is on high, that's when things start to meltdown.

Dennis

Very true.