brumback /frost 2011 dcc

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I have been hitting alot of these lately......

Attachments

• brumback frost 2011 dcc - OnePocket.png
    brumback frost 2011 dcc - OnePocket.png
    525.1 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
first game scott ahead 6-1
brumbacks shot
View attachment 5238

Well, a non-World Bank Pool Champion plays safe here...but for World Bank Pool Champion John, being down 6-1, and playing against a world class mover, it just might be 'gotta-go-time' for him - in which case he fires in that dead-ahead straight back on the 8?ball, and then he might-could run 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 balls afterwards...:heh

- Ghost

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Well, a non-World Bank Pool Champion plays safe here...but for World Bank Pool Champion John, being down 6-1, and playing against a world class mover, it just might be 'gotta-go-time' for him - in which case he fires in that dead-ahead straight back on the 8?ball, and then he might-could run 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 balls afterwards...:heh

- Ghost

ghost gets a cookie:)
of course john shot the straight back on the 8
and of course he made it
jj4.jpg

jalapus logan

Verified Member
ok what now??

Hmmm, bank the stripe that is nearest to the end rail? Or bank the 9 that is near to the left side rail? Or perhaps cut what looks to be the three ball into the hole and twirl backwards two or three rails (depending on how you feel about the shot).

Or duck. But I would be shooting something agressive here. But then again, i'm wrong often...

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Hmmm, bank the stripe that is nearest to the end rail? Or bank the 9 that is near to the left side rail? Or perhaps cut what looks to be the three ball into the hole and twirl backwards two or three rails (depending on how you feel about the shot).

Or duck. But I would be shooting something agressive here. But then again, i'm wrong often...

JL, you stole my shot(s). I'd probably cut the three just because I like that kind of shot. If I banked like John, the stripe nearest the end rail would be my choice. A hacker like me needs to keep Frost frozen to his chair as long as possible.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
JL, you stole my shot(s). I'd probably cut the three just because I like that kind of shot. If I banked like John, the stripe nearest the end rail would be my choice. A hacker like me needs to keep Frost frozen to his chair as long as possible.

Yeah, I'm sawing the 5/3 ball in. Most bankers I've been around shoot the non banks first, unless it's to get behind every thing. No need here.
Rod.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Yeah, I'm sawing the 5/3 ball in. Most bankers I've been around shoot the non banks first, unless it's to get behind every thing. No need here.
Rod.

Yes, never bank when you can cut,little buddy.John B.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Yes, never bank when you can cut,little buddy.John B.

john heres a question before i show what happened
whats your percentage to make the bank on the stripe 9?? ball vs cutting in the solid??
i thought the stripe would be an easier shot for you even tho it had a sell out if you missed

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
As long as the cue ball is a couple inches off the rail, John thinks those straight backs (like the 8-ball) are hangers :D

John Brumback

Verified Member
john heres a question before i show what happened
whats your percentage to make the bank on the stripe 9?? ball vs cutting in the solid??
i thought the stripe would be an easier shot for you even tho it had a sell out if you missed

Oh no.The 5 ball is alot eiaser than the striped 9 It looks like.The tricky thing is, it does not allways look the same from here as it does from there.With that said though I should just shoot the 5 in and go down under the pink ball.
% wise..5ball 80%, bank..20% imo.I'm going to be mad if I didn't do that,:lol
Don't remember.John B.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Oh no.The 5 ball is alot eiaser than the striped 9 It looks like.The tricky thing is, it does not allways look the same from here as it does from there.With that said though I should just shoot the 5 in and go down under the pink ball.
% wise..5ball 80%, bank..20% imo.I'm going to be mad if I didn't do that,:lol
Don't remember.John B.

john i may not have neen clear on which bank i meant but its this one
only 20%???
jj11.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
at 80% to cut the 5 that is the shot you chose:)
unfortunately you missed it:(...:mad:
(it was much closer than i diagrammed)
but managed to not sell out....:D
jj9.jpg

jj10.jpg

John Brumback

Verified Member
john i may not have neen clear on which bank i meant but its this one
only 20%???
View attachment 5254

Oh ok,yep I was wrong on which ball you were talking about.The problem I see with the ball your talking about Is that it looks like I would have to fire that one in to get enough speed to shortin it up.Doesn't look like i could have crossed it at an easy speed which is what i would have liked to do on a shot like that.That might have been ok but It looks like i chose the right shot,just missed the ball.
In bank pool,I would give myself a pretty high % of making It but in one pocket it's a little different mind set,you could say.For me anyways.John B.