Brumback-Daulton-DeMarco-Hughes-Jones-Murphy 2011 D.C.C. Ring Game

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
bozman445 said:
Mr duck, I was just wondering if bank pool hijacks and the consistant negative Chicago references were included in the peace deal you supposedly hashed out with the Beard? Are you getting bored with the tranquility and putting out baited traps?.

Bozman

I say this only because so far you havent offered a single insight into a bank pool solution on this forum since its inception. Some of us are serious about learning.

Why does he like 1p, while hating bank pool? Like his girlfriends, he may just be satisfied with "close enough" being good enough. :eek: :D

2 ball! :eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Banks said:
Why does he like 1p, while hating bank pool? Like his girlfriends, he may just be satisfied with "close enough" being good enough. :eek: :D

2 ball! :eek:
Banks,

While I would never presume to speak for the Yukon Jack Duck let me make an attempt to clarify, in my weak opinion, why he makes his dastardly posts about banks.

First & foremost, he is hoping to get a rise out of Freddie, who has wisely not fell for the bait yet.

Second, banks is a strange game and it only suits people who have properly shaped heads for it. Not too many people enjoy the nuances of a ball hitting a rail before it goes in a pocket. Not too many people can play a game where they are playing position for their opponent if they miss. 14.1 is the only game that comes close to that. It takes a special mental makeup and some players just don't have it.

Thirdly, banks is a regional game, that is it is usually played only in certain areas of the country. This limits it's exposure to many people hence they don't understand the game or care at all about it. I played it often in the late 70's and the early 80's and I enjoy the game tremendously but I haven't seen a serious bank game here in years, not that there haven't been any, I've been away from the game for 7 years as far as being in a serious poolroom. From the late 80's to about 2003 I don't recall seeing any bank games at all. Without players like California John or Cornbread to initiate bank pool action it seems to have died a slow death here even though Richie Richeson plays a mean game of banks.

Fourthly, to the uninitiated, banks look like magic, even to decent (not champion) players and they are as scared of playing banks as a 9-ball player is of playing one-pocket.

Fifthly, he is hoping to get a rise out of Freddie, who has wisely not fell for the bait yet.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Banks,

While I would never presume to speak for the Yukon Jack Duck let me make an attempt to clarify, in my weak opinion, why he makes his dastardly posts about banks...Then why are you ???...'AIRHEAD'

Banks is a strange game, and it only suits people who have properly shaped heads for it. Not too many people enjoy the nuances of a ball hitting a rail before it goes in a pocket. Not too many people can play a game where they are playing position for their opponent if they miss. 14.1 is the only game that comes close to that. It takes a special mental makeup and some players just don't have it. Why would they want it ?

Also, banks is a regional game, that is it is usually played only in certain areas of the country.(or the world, for that matter) This limits it's exposure to many people hence they don't understand the game or care at all about it.. From the late 80's to about 2003 I don't recall seeing any bank games at all. Without players like California John or Cornbread to initiate bank pool action it seems to have died a slow death here. What an astute observation, I thought I was the only one who had noticed that.

Lastly, he is hoping to get a rise out of Freddie, who has wisely not fell for the bait yet. Wrong again bar rag breath...My aversion to bank pool transcends all persons, regardless of past differences, ethnicity, or city of origin (Chicago just happens to be the only place where they STILL try to play the game)...

Dennis

I would suggest you stick to creating your challenging, 'soul searching' WEI table layouts, so you can continue to confuse your minions.... It appears to be the only thing
your head is shaped right for. (besides disturbing sh#t)..:p :p :p

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Sincerest apologies Boz. Did not mean to disrupt your "learning curve"...

Sincerest apologies Boz. Did not mean to disrupt your "learning curve"...

bozman445 said:
Mr duck, I was just wondering if bank pool hijacks and the consistant negative Chicago references were included in the peace deal you supposedly hashed out with the Beard? Are you getting bored with the tranquility and putting out baited traps?.

Bozman

I say this only because so far you havent offered a single insight into a bank pool solution on this forum since its inception. Some of us are serious about learning.

Sorry to have offended you with my take on bank pool, and other subtle references...I guess I just figured, that all the books, videos, and WEI layouts, that have been bandied about, everything has been fully covered on the subject of bank pool.

I am a slow learner, but I could have learned to be a 'Rocket Scientest' by now, if someone had taken the time, to expound on that subject, as has been devoted to a discipline played by a such a small percentage of players.

And another suggestion, I think we should add a "3 Cushion Billiards", and a "Bumper Pool" Forum. Then we would be covering all the games nobody plays anymore...:rolleyes:

Mr. Duck <---Shall now leave the Bank Forum, to those better equipped to deal with it..!.:p

PS..Anyone up for a game of skittles, or bumper pool ???..:D :D :D

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
I would suggest you stick to creating your challenging, 'soul searching' WEI table layouts, so you can continue to confuse your minions.... It appears to be the only thing
your head is shaped right for. (besides disturbing s@@t)..:p :p :p
Dearest Mr. YJ Duck,

I will answer your brilliant retorts in the order you wrote them:

1. Get bent.

2. Get bent.

3. Get bent & go kill yourself.

4. Get bent.

5. Go kill yourself.

If I missed anything that you asked, well, get bent:p :D .

RBL