Book a One Pocket Match w/ Efren Reyes

Cory in dc

Verified Member
This just in!

Efren will be at Hard Times in Bellflower, CA and we are booking challenge matches with him for 3 days only before he travels to Louisiana.

Read all about it here and book your match with Efren Reyes - Streamed Live on www.POVPOOL.com

http://www.povpool.com/the-one-pock...bata-reyes-may-21-23-at-hard-times-billiards/

That's awesome, I'd love to get beat down by The Greatest for just $300. The only drawback would be the online video of me making bad choices and dogging shots.

But it's on the wrong coast for me. I hear Baby Huey is local and came into some extra cash recently.

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
That's awesome, I'd love to get beat down by The Greatest for just $300. The only drawback would be the online video of me making bad choices and dogging shots.

But it's on the wrong coast for me. I hear Baby Huey is local and came into some extra cash recently.

Hey - that's one of the main reasons I stream amateurs and small events is to give the player a chance to see what they are doing wrong. It's therapeutic, mate! Jump on a plane!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Love this idea, just like I did last time he did it!

Only wish I was out west! If you ever get anywhere close to me, count me in! :)

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Okay - It appears we might need a little help this time around. Since Efren only wants to play one pocket on this visit so that he can prepare for the event in Louisiana, I'm having a little difficulty finding players who are willing to step up to the challenge. If any of your favorite players or best horses are available to challenge Efren, getting 10/7 for as little as $100 per set, we are still booking matches.

See here for available time slots: http://www.povpool.com/the-one-pock...bata-reyes-may-21-23-at-hard-times-billiards/

What's comical to me is, that everyone's an expert on these forums and when the time comes to invest in a real pool lesson I hear is the sound of crickets. This time around, I personally cannot afford to play Effren. If anyone wants to sponsor me to do so, I would gladly promote your brand on my stream in return. This is also an option. Since my last match with Efren, I've been working pretty hard on my 1-hole game.

And for all you good players out there that think staying 'dark' is the way to go. You are 100% wrong. It was quite the opposite, that the more I stepped up to play guys like Eften and Carlo Biado, the more action it brought me, and not necessarily from better players. I think the real reason why is because when you step up and play someone, it shows that you have 'gamble' and are willing to win or lose. People respect that and because of it, you'll catch a few more fish.

Please get in touch and book a match with Effy - I promise you, you'll have the experience of a lifetime.

keoneyo

Verified Member
What's comical to me is, that everyone's an expert on these forums and when the time comes to invest in a real pool lesson I hear is the sound of crickets. This time around, I personally cannot afford to play Effren. If anyone wants to sponsor me to do so, I would gladly promote your brand on my stream in return. This is also an option. Since my last match with Efren, I've been working pretty hard on my 1-hole game.

It might be comical to you and I don't claim to be an expert but Ill gladly play Efren for a $100 a set. But not on camera for your stream. He can come to HOB in Santa Monica when he is in town and Ill play him like I play Richie. Even and we both go to 10 instead of 8. Guarantee 2 sets. Ill even offer to take him to dinner at the Thai place across the street after that.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
If any of your favorite players or best horses are available to challenge Efren, getting 10/7 for as little as $100 per set, we are still booking matches.

What are you? Some kind of clown? Why should anyone on this forum in their right mind play Efren 10-7? Only one person can as far as I know (and have a chance to win).

Why insult people here?

Tell Efren to get a job and go away if all he wants to do is have people donate to him.

Dennis

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
What are you? Some kind of clown? Why should anyone on this forum in their right mind play Efren 10-7? Only one person can as far as I know (and have a chance to win).

Why insult people here?

Tell Efren to get a job and go away if all he wants to do is have people donate to him.

Dennis

Nothing wrong with Efren doing what he's doing, but I have to wonder what put the burr under Daniel's saddle. A strange way to "promote."

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Yeah, well, since I saw you laughing at those poor folks for putting that "Stairway to Heaven" T-shirt on that old lady in her casket, I think I'll look elsewhere for a Humor Counselor. :p

Yeah well... I do think you're funny once in a while... So I must have an awful sense of humor. 😊

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Nothing wrong with Efren doing what he's doing, but I have to wonder what put the burr under Daniel's saddle. A strange way to "promote."

I can understand POV's frustration . . . it's the same basic issue as the most recent US Open 1P frustration. It's just plain tough to draw a crowd for a one pocket event no matter how cool an event seems.

Seriously, in what other sport would it be hard to convince a 6-10 people to pay a few hundred bucks to spend an hour or two with, and learn from, the Greatest of All Time in that sport? Not when he's long forgotten, but when he's still among the best in the world? And not just a passing meet and greet, but playing actual games.

It could be the streaming that is making some people shy. If Efren were on the East Coast, that would be my only hesitation. It's not a question of making action dry up, it's a question of looking like a chump and having it preserved for all time on the web.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I can understand POV's frustration . . . it's the same basic issue as the most recent US Open 1P frustration. It's just plain tough to draw a crowd for a one pocket event no matter how cool an event seems.

Seriously, in what other sport would it be hard to convince a 6-10 people to pay a few hundred bucks to spend an hour or two with, and learn from, the Greatest of All Time in that sport? Not when he's long forgotten, but when he's still among the best in the world? And not just a passing meet and greet, but playing actual games.

It could be the streaming that is making some people shy. If Efren were on the East Coast, that would be my only hesitation. It's not a question of making action dry up, it's a question of looking like a chump and having it preserved for all time on the web.

I wouldn't even mind that Corey. For me it's all location. I would do it just for the story and experience. Based on POV's post, im not sure he realizes that 90% of our posters are outside the area. But calling out like that isn't likely to engender more support even for the local guys I would think.

keoneyo

Verified Member
I think Daniel just misspoke. He doesnt know there is a bunch of good guys on here who really put their money where their mouth is when it comes to supporting the game. A bunch of us go the Make It Happen route with Accu-stats for $300 a pop. We always take up some money to send someone to the Derby and donate our time and money for the Hall of Fame. Now there is the US Open where we contribute to sending someone.

Also not to mention the Seniors affair in Houston. We are a bunch of givers So if anyone implies that we are a bunch of nits by using that "quiet as crickets" crap is out of line. This move is to enhance the stream of POV Pool.

If I wanted to see Efren play there are many streams and DVD's out there. I dont need to watch Efren play an amateur with the outcome predictable.

Mika has been in town and 5 or 6 guys in our joint have taken an hours lesson from him for a C note a pop. Nobodys skeered of standing up for a pro when he needs to make a little skin.

I think if Daniel could come up with a more innovative way to do some promotion while Efren is in town it would be better. Maybe have 6 of the best one pocket guys in LA (amateurs) play a mini tournament for a $100 a piece with the winner going to a spot to play Efren in a race for $600.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I wouldn't even mind that Corey. For me it's all location. I would do it just for the story and experience. Based on POV's post, im not sure he realizes that 90% of our posters are outside the area. But calling out like that isn't likely to engender more support even for the local guys I would think.

That's me 100%

In fact I would pay "extra" to have it streamed and something I could own and look back on as I get older...

Its just about location for me. I would pony up the cash (maybe a couple of times) to play Efren, have others watch and have a commentary, thats just awesome!

Come to Cincinnati! :)

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member

Efren is the greatest one pocket player who ever lived. We are so lucky to have him visit our pool room when he comes through town, and exhibit his skills. And we are so lucky to have Daniel set up the exhibition and stream the action. It is really an exhibition of the best player that ever played one pocket.

Keone, your offer to play him $200 worth if he comes to Santa Monica is nice, but it seems to me that is like telling Tiger Woods you would play him for $200 if he can take time away from his tournament or exhibition and drive over to your golf course.

You should come play him at Hard Times. Or you could stake someone else to play him. I will be there, and I will put someone in action. Daniel, who needs a stake horse?

Carla

keoneyo

Verified Member
Keone said:
Carla, my friend, Tiger is not offering through a surrogate to play anyone for a hundred a pop. Efren regularly comes in when he's in town and we have regs who donate to him. I am not asking him to play. His surrogate is asking us to play. Your analogy does not work. I, and others it seems, dont appreciate Daniels questioning our dedication to the man and the game. He really should apologize for that.

And no one is asking Efren to drive all the way to HOB to do anything. He is the one asking through Daniel to play and Im willing to be a donator to him just so I can benefit from his expertise. I just dont feel I want to do it for Daniels self promotional efforts.
Particularly after he said this.....

"What's comical to me is, that everyone's an expert on these forums and when the time comes to invest in a real pool lesson I hear is the sound of crickets."-Daniel POV POOL

Last edited:

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I gotta say if I was closer this would be a no brainer...I would play him 10 7...Hell I played Dennis O. 9 7... It would be a good experience....

B

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
heres my take on this discussion, Daniel puts out a lot of free pool and a good amount of it is one pocket. its guys like Daniel, Fast Lenny and the guys from florida {their names escape me right now} that we should all be thanking for their efforts. a few people on this forum are very quick to attack someone who says something they don't like. i thinks thats what happened here.

my opinion is some of us should just lighten up a bit. keith