Bogies Seniors One Pocket Tournament

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John, I want first dibs to play. I am coming down on Wed. Can not play in tourney due to daughters wedding on 16th. I'll be there bright and early Thurs. What a great tournament and room. Hate to miss it. Bogies is one of the finest rooms for action and the setup is great on 9 footers. See you in April.

I will be there Thursday and we can play some. Had a great time when we played before the last one.

Must have helped me some.:D

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I thought I had first dibs on Wednesday evening?

Disco Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Dave View Post
John,

I'm not in the tournament, but if your here ahead of time, I'd like to match up with you some way.

Disco
I will be there Weds night. Long day traveling, but we will figure out something. Probably play Christopher or Newkirk Thursday.

2015 Super Senior Classic One Pocket Champion

Bigtruck

Verified Member
I will be sharing the Hotel deal when we get a little closer. We can get a REAL nice room (3.5 star) for $59 night plus taxes or a great room (2.5 star) for about $45 night plus taxes.

I always get VERY nice hotels cheap in Houston near Bogies.

Ray

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yeah, Hobby is SE of Houston, whereas IAH is north. It'd probably be an hour's drive in traffic from Hobby to the poolroom. NHJohn inadvertently booked into Hobby last year, so he had a helluva journey from NH to Bogie's!

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Yeah, Hobby is SE of Houston, whereas IAH is north. It'd probably be an hour's drive in traffic from Hobby to the poolroom. NHJohn inadvertently booked into Hobby last year, so he had a helluva journey from NH to Bogie's!

~Doc

You can't get to Bogies from Hobby.... you have to start somewhere else.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Mary K. and I are flying into Hobby on Thursday morning. Arrive at 7:50 AM. anyone else getting in there around that time and want to share a ride? I don't think we have anything lined up but there is still time to figure it out.

Tom

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
9:40am

9:40am

Mary K. and I are flying into Hobby on Thursday morning. Arrive at 7:50 AM. anyone else getting in there around that time and want to share a ride? I don't think we have anything lined up but there is still time to figure it out.

Tom

Here's my situation;

Arrival time from CO....to HOUSTON (HOBBY)
On South West
Thu Apr 14 FL #2794 @ 09:40 AM

Anyone else getting into Hobby around that time I'd also like to ride share.

Don't forget to tell the Hotel about your early arrival time....
And remember call So. West Arilines 24 hrs ahead to get better seating assignments.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I thought I had first dibs on Wednesday evening?

Disco Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Dave View Post
John,

I'm not in the tournament, but if your here ahead of time, I'd like to match up with you some way.

Disco
I will be there Weds night. Long day traveling, but we will figure out something. Probably play Christopher or Newkirk Thursday.

2015 Super Senior Classic One Pocket Champion

You do. Newkirk and I are talking about playing on Thursday. We can play Weds night or late afternoon depending on when I get there.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

~Doc

If ya call the hotel they can make that happen. Be cool if someone from the pool room could pick up a few of us at once, we'd definitely make it worth the trip. I think Bogies is 30 miles away.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I can be at Hobby at 10am and take 3 people if not much baggage). If more baggage, then 2 is best. If interested let me know flight number airline and arrival time. I can meet you at Baggage Claim.

Disco Dave

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Sounds good, my particulars are in my prior post.

Sounds good, my particulars are in my prior post.

I can be at Hobby at 10am and take 3 people if not much baggage). If more baggage, then 2 is best. If interested let me know flight number airline and arrival time. I can meet you at Baggage Claim.

Disco Dave

Dave I arrive SW airlines right before 10 am, with one piece of luggage. PM me and I'll give you my only on when traveling ph number or email.

Bill

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
That's def not Bobby, it might be country something....I'll wait for my pop/up memory....Calvin comes to might. He was a good shortstop, I think he was more of bar table player, but that was What....35 yrs ago. Country Calvin seems to be surfacing in my brain.

Country Calvin isw right. Texarkanna TX

troutmanmo

Verified Member
From
Houston
See, that's just the kind of stuff I'm tryin' to tell people 'bout you.... I paid over $37 (Cash) for that stick with imported ramie wood and a genuine leather tip... and all you can do is criticize.

Sheesh.

Sounds just like you...bragging about all that money you spent on that fabulous que..too bad it didn't come with instructions!!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Sounds just like you...bragging about all that money you spent on that fabulous que..too bad it didn't come with instructions!!

What are you talkin' about?

Instructions said, "1. Attack fat part to almos fat pert as show in foto 1; 2. Attack next fat pert to not so fat pert as show in foto 2; 3. Attack thin pert to unit as show in foto 3; 4. Apply produce in small blue cub to small end."

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Instructions said, "1. Attack fat part to almos fat pert as show in foto 1; 2. Attack next fat pert to not so fat pert as show in foto 2; 3. Attack thin pert to unit as show in foto 3; 4. Apply produce in small blue cub to small end."

Thats not what it said when I used it. It said " I kin tak this and beat you wit yorin or kin tak it and beat minne." It was on the inside of the bumper.

troutmanmo

Verified Member
From
Houston

Damn,sounds pretty good to me...you reckon there might be any left? LOL...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I have had some family health issues of late and I'm trying to get them resolved, but it's going to take a little time.

The Seniors looks like it's going to fill to the 24 player limit and David Richardson seems excited about having the event at Bogies. So, all is well with the event and I will post a new roster of those participating as soon as I'm made aware of the all the new entries.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and perhaps meeting some new ones.
It'll be here before you know it. See y'all soon.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I have had some family health issues of late and I'm trying to get them resolved, but it's going to take a little time.

The Seniors looks like it's going to fill to the 24 player limit and David Richardson seems excited about having the event at Bogies. So, all is well with the event and I will post a new roster of those participating as soon as I'm made aware of the all the new entries.

Sorry to hear about the health issues. I'll be thinking of you.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

jeff hope all your family gets healthy soon