best way to beat brumback

wgcp

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
1,737
Best

Best

Flip quarters for odd or even... better odds...
 

CaliRed

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
1,963
make him play in a suit, complete with a tie assaulting his windpipe and uncomfortably tight dress shoes?
 

John Brumback

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,747
Cal said:
Bring him to Chicago

Oh really?
And how Does that work? I have offered to play anybody from that whole area some banks for 2 or 3 years.Aint happened yet.
But i aint going for all the ole sharking and them ole moves.To old for all that.
But If It was for enough $ guess I would put with It though.See what you can get stirred up for me If you would.I'm really not that hard to find If you come up with anything.I can come up with 5 or 10 k maybe more If I have alittle time.Thanks,John B.
 

onepocket926

Verified Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
744
...never seen you play.....

...never seen you play.....

...I'm not sure who you are...I guess I don't read the ..."pool news"....enough....but I do bet a bit....so if your willing to give up the same kind of weight as "Ronnie"....does in one pocket...you know....one-handed jacked up...and every other time you get to the table...you also play on one leg ....and fart the "Star Spangled Banner"........I'll be on a greyhound in the morning...but you have to "bet it all"....I don't ever want to have to play this game again....:D
 

oldroller

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
137
My best

My best

way to beat Brumback might be to buy all the beer & Baumbach's BBQ (local place ) near Richmond Ind.Them maybe He'd let me win a couple?
 

John Brumback

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,747
oldroller said:
way to beat Brumback might be to buy all the beer & Baumbach's BBQ (local place ) near Richmond Ind.Them maybe He'd let me win a couple?
That's sounds good! Your on.Is that where they sell all of those campers and
Rvs.I might be over that way.John B.
 

cuesmith

Verified Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
137
All you need to do is put a few cows on the road on the way to the match. JB can't pass a cow in the road without hitting it. LOL
 

John Brumback

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,747
cuesmith said:
All you need to do is put a few cows on the road on the way to the match. JB can't pass a cow in the road without hitting it. LOL
I can,but not If their black.I hate those stupid black ones! hahahaha
Your real funny there ole Sherm.I'll getcha,JB
 

Cal

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
266
best way to beat brumback

John Brumback said:
Oh really?
And how Does that work? I have offered to play anybody from that whole area some banks for 2 or 3 years.Aint happened yet.
But i aint going for all the ole sharking and them ole moves.To old for all that.
But If It was for enough $ guess I would put with It though.See what you can get stirred up for me If you would.I'm really not that hard to find If you come up with anything.I can come up with 5 or 10 k maybe more If I have alittle time.Thanks,John B.
I thought you was supposed to play Jet for a race to 4 for 10k, & you said you wanted 2 set for 5k each. Jet agreed to that .?????????????????? Jets health wise may not be ready to play, maybe Jeff Carter could give you some action. I hear Tony Coleman is in Chicago , give him a holla & some weight.
 

John Brumback

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,747
Cal said:
I thought you was supposed to play Jet for a race to 4 for 10k, & you said you wanted 2 set for 5k each. Jet agreed to that .?????????????????? Jets health wise may not be ready to play, maybe Jeff Carter could give you some action. I hear Tony Coleman is in Chicago , give him a holla & some weight.

Hi there,Yes I was going to play Jet and everything was ready
on my end.I think I even offered him a ball on his table and on a
neutral Diamond and It seems nothing became of It.Thanks for asking and I hope Jet Is doing alot better.John B.
 

CaliRed

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
1,963
Cal said:
I thought you was supposed to play Jet for a race to 4 for 10k, & you said you wanted 2 set for 5k each. Jet agreed to that .?????????????????? Jets health wise may not be ready to play, maybe Jeff Carter could give you some action. I hear Tony Coleman is in Chicago , give him a holla & some weight.
first, it goes without saying, you must be talking full rack... but a race to 4 for 10k? Is it just me, or does that seem like it's pretty short session for 10k? Worse case, a person might have to make 117 balls if it went hill/hill. hell, that's a C-note for every bank you make:)

Let's hear some other opinions... what kind of matchup would you play, minimum, for 10k? Me? I'd probably at the minimum, want to play a race to 7 or 9, or best 2 out of 3 races to 5 or something.


John Broomback said:
Hi there,Yes I was going to play Jet and everything was ready
on my end.I think I even offered him a ball on his table and on a
neutral Diamond and It seems nothing became of It.Thanks for asking and I hope Jet Is doing alot better.John B.
John... you seem like a a pretty flexible guy to match up with. I hope you match up and it's streamed, because I have no video of you matching up in a gambling set with another good or great player. (and no... the upcoming match with Viffer isn't going to count either, no offense Dippy:))
 

oldroller

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
137
John Brumback said:
That's sounds good! Your on.Is that where they sell all of those campers and
Rvs.I might be over that way.John B.
Richmond's the place with mucho campers.The BBQ joint is actually right across the Ohio line in New Paris.Great food!!
 

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
6,690
Short sets for all of it

Short sets for all of it

CaliRed said:
first, it goes without saying, you must be talking full rack... but a race to 4 for 10k? Is it just me, or does that seem like it's pretty short session for 10k? Worse case, a person might have to make 117 balls if it went hill/hill. hell, that's a C-note for every bank you make:)

Let's hear some other opinions... what kind of matchup would you play, minimum, for 10k? Me? I'd probably at the minimum, want to play a race to 7 or 9, or best 2 out of 3 races to 5 or something....
Full rack of course. Understand, CaliRed, that Jet is a protege of mine. The advice to play short races for all the money, no matter who he plays, comes from me. Jet is a thoroughbred and can handle short race pressure. Any cracks in anyone's armor will show up in a short race.
As it stands, Jet is trying to outrun lung cancer, and doing a great job of it. But when he will be really competitive again is a guess. If anyone can do it, he can.
Why John B and Jet didnt get together was out of my hands. Eddie G is Jet's backer, and he didnt include me in any of the negotiations. If John was going to come up to Red Shoes I would have recommended Jet take a ball and play, if it was offered. 8 to 7 in banks is not a small spot.

Beard
 

John Brumback

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,747
Hey Fred

Hey Fred

I appreciate you not putting me down cause that game never happened.
Maybe when he gets well( and I hope he does) will get that game going somehow.To tell the truth,It wasn't the short races,It was that I'm smart enough not to play a champion speed bank player on his home court.
If I remember right,I offered him 9 to 8 on his table and 8 to 7 on a good
new diamond.Well anyways,We might get to play someday.Good day,Mr. Fred
John B.
 

Warren

Verified Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2011
Messages
23
I don't know that there is a best way, but you might stand a better chance playing him bank on a Snooker table. If you play well on a snooker table.:)
 
Top