Best books or tapes on OnePocket?

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
Grady Mathews' one pocket instructional videos are excellent, especially his tape on the end game and "Killer One Pocket"

Billy Incardona's instructional tape is also worthwhile, as is Allen Hopkins'.

Every Accu-Stats one pocket video has something of value to learn from, the best in my opinion being the ones from the 1998 Legends tournament. The best commentators are Grady Mathews, Bill Incardona, Danny DiLiberto, and Weenie Beanie (Bill Staton), in my opinion.

As far as books, by far the best are "Winning One Pocket" and "Shots, Moves & Strategies" both by Eddie Robin, a former US 3-cushion champ. They're like college textbooks, except all about one pocket -- with literally thousands of diagrams. Unfortunately they're both out of print. In order to get them, you'll probably have to overpay on ebay -- but they're definitely worth the investment (probably $150-$300 per book, if you can find them).

jack

Verified Member
From
Washington, DC
BackPocket9Ball said:
Grady Mathews' one pocket instructional videos are excellent, especially his tape on the end game and "Killer One Pocket"

Billy Incardona's instructional tape is also worthwhile, as is Allen Hopkins'.

Every Accu-Stats one pocket video has something of value to learn from, the best in my opinion being the ones from the 1998 Legends tournament. The best commentators are Grady Mathews, Bill Incardona, Danny DiLiberto, and Weenie Beanie (Bill Staton), in my opinion.

As far as books, by far the best are "Winning One Pocket" and "Shots, Moves & Strategies" both by Eddie Robin, a former US 3-cushion champ. They're like college textbooks, except all about one pocket -- with literally thousands of diagrams. Unfortunately they're both out of print. In order to get them, you'll probably have to overpay on ebay -- but they're definitely worth the investment (probably $150-$300 per book, if you can find them).

i can probably get a copy of SM&S for $100 if anyone's interested...WOP is the expensive one...

Eight & Out

Verified Member
I said this before but I like Willie Joplings tape "Ultimate One Pocket" lots of shots that will improve your game.

Pete