Bert vs. Tony 1. wwyd

NH Steve

Administrator
Ghost, I think you have confidence problems, something about needing to prove to yourself you are never wrong. These problems seem to extend into you high pressure strokes in pool too unfortunately. Tyler had more of a cerebral quest, fighting against big bankers and commonly accepted norms. It's no use arguing with you though, because you are always right, until the straight in case ball is in front of you and the truth comes out.
I think this is rather uncalled for. How about next time you are playing for a couple thousand or so, live streamed for anyone to watch (and commentate on), against a known tough opponent for you, please let us know because we might like to psychoanalyze your performance.

LSJohn

Verified Member
I think this is rather uncalled for. How about next time you are playing for a couple thousand or so, live streamed for anyone to watch (and commentate on), against a known tough opponent for you, please let us know because we might like to psychoanalyze your performance.
Thank you.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member

Thank you.

Leave it be, Ghost. Some folks are so far behind they think they're ahead.

Thanks guys......and pathetically, it's the third time in the last few weeks that he's made the same low-character/cheap shot comment.

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
You can go ahead and oust me Steve. No problem, but when a guy spouts off that he moves better than anybody, and can't back it up with actual play, he's gonna get called out. That's true in any pool room, so I don't know what this place is. Truth is in the poolrooms I was raised in ghost would be a laughing stock. Truth hurts. You can be ghost and be a cool guy and teach one pocket and alls cool, or you can be a player like ghost and act like you move better than champions and that will never be cool, not in my book or anybody's. I'm better off without this place though. Just let me gather a couple of emails from my buds before you do it.

Open invitation if you're ever in SoCal ghost, just give me a months notice. And we can stream it and play in the thousands. I'll swear to all that on my mother. Get my email from jimmy hell have it, I hope. Then after I beat you ghost, you will proceed to tell me how you move better than me still, which is the point of all this. Seriously man get over yourself.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
He's not going to oust you, Tyler. Just a minor argument. A bump in the road. Maybe ya'll can play sometimes for a few dollars and stream it. I know I can't play any more. Never could play much, but the pool room is fun and it's real, and we don't even have one around here. Got four or five McDonalds but not even one room with five or six tables. A shame....

NH Steve

Administrator
You can go ahead and oust me Steve. No problem, but when a guy spouts off that he moves better than anybody, and can't back it up with actual play, he's gonna get called out. That's true in any pool room, so I don't know what this place is. Truth is in the poolrooms I was raised in ghost would be a laughing stock. Truth hurts. You can be ghost and be a cool guy and teach one pocket and alls cool, or you can be a player like ghost and act like you move better than champions and that will never be cool, not in my book or anybody's. I'm better off without this place though. Just let me gather a couple of emails from my buds before you do it.

Open invitation if you're ever in SoCal ghost, just give me a months notice. And we can stream it and play in the thousands. I'll swear to all that on my mother. Get my email from jimmy hell have it, I hope. Then after I beat you ghost, you will proceed to tell me how you move better than me still, which is the point of all this. Seriously man get over yourself.
I didn't say anything about ousting -- however, I think if you are going to take potshots, you should come out from behind your veil of anonymity. Who knows, maybe you don't want to be known because you already are the laughing stock of your local poolroom :D If you are a respected local player, then why hide?

If you think you are better off without participating in our forums, fine, use your time more wisely at something else. But most of us who love One Pocket are hooked here -- we are going to either lurk or post, so even if you walk away, your shadow is likely to return -- like a ghost, lol. But if you are going to stay, please be a little more respectful of those who are contributing the fresh daily content that the rest of us are having fun cyber exercising our One Pocket minds with. The other thing I like to remind people is that here on OnePocket.org we are the international ambassadors to the game, so let's try to put our best foot forward.

I have known the Ghost since DCC over ten years ago -- he is a pretty good local player in a highly competitive pool environment (Chicago) and has even won a few tournament matches against pro players, which is pretty good -- so he has some accomplishments in the game you can't take away from him. And he does have good insight into the game, has contributed a lot of thinking that he has brought both to the forum and local mentoring of other players.

Many great players stink at explaining why/how they would play a shot/strategy, even though at the table they do it very well. Here in a forum we rely on those that can explain and can illustrate (by posting photos and diagrams). I value those people. Do I always agree? Of course not! Do I always love the way their own particular personalities come through? of course not! Of course not everyone is going to agree with every shot choice or expressed personality!

You must have seen Eddie Robin's books? Even those, with 5 or 6 HOF pro players offering different perspectives, they often advocated different shots. That's part of the beauty of One Pocket if you ask me. Try that in 9-ball, lol.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Ghost, I think you have confidence problems, something about needing to prove to yourself you are never wrong. These problems seem to extend into you high pressure strokes in pool too unfortunately. Tyler had more of a cerebral quest, fighting against big bankers and commonly accepted norms. It's no use arguing with you though, because you are always right, until the straight in case ball is in front of you and the truth comes out.

lol, oh man. That's going to leave a mark.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member

Tyler, I think that what you're saying goes to the heart of my earlier point: here, everyone plays like Efren.

But in real life, under live fire conditions, it's a different story. On the WWYDs no one is realistic about how they play day-to-day and how things like how the match has gone, how you stand in regard to the session score, whether you're feeling confident or intimidated, how much practice you've been getting in, whether the table is fast or slow, how humid the room is, are the balls polished or dirty, whether you're in stroke or out of stroke any particular day, AND how the bet and pressure are affecting you.

Instead it's all perfect and guys get very righteous about how they are totally correct in their shot selection and how they are the most brilliant of strategists. It's funny, ironic, and a little bit galling. But it is what it is.

Lou Figueroa

LSJohn

Verified Member
You know what.. since I just read this and I like you.. I will let it go.. I had a better chance of hitting the powerball 3 weeks in a row with the same numbers than him playing... your o.k. with me..

have a nice day:)
Thank you.

You give me a lot of entertainment and valuable insights here. I want you to be at your best here just like I hope you'll be at your best in your next tough match.

Keep on truckin', but drive carefully. :D

P.S. FWIW, I wouldn't want to arrange the terms and agree to play for serious money 3 months in advance (especially at my age)... too many things could prevent me from playing, THEN I really would be backing out.)

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
Ok Rob...a new one is on the way...
thanks ghost
you have really been carrying the load (and handling the heat) for keeping the site going
unfortunately i dont have as much time as i did to keep churning out wwyd
again ghost
THANK YOU......:):):)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Is like to nominate this for the most entertaining wwyd ever!! It's the thread that keeps on giving ������.
And in the spirit of giving some more...let me come off the stall and explain why my cutting of the 6 into the 2 is the best choice, and a game-winner here (remember, there actually was a wwyd situation in the beginning of this thread :eek: :heh)...

You see, I'm gonna cut the 6 into the 2 - make the 2 - and my cueball will go long rail (just to the left of that piece of chalk), short rail, then between the 3 and the 9 and into my opponent's long rail - and end up just past the center of the table for position on the 6 or 5, and I'm out...:cool:...

This pic of the layout display's the Ghost's winning path...:heh ----->

Attachments

straightback

Verified Member
And in the spirit of giving some more...let me come off the stall and explain why my cutting of the 6 into the 2 is the best choice, and a game-winner here (remember, there actually was a wwyd situation in the beginning of this thread :eek: :heh)...

You see, I'm gonna cut the 6 into the 2 - make the 2 - and my cueball will go long rail, short rail, then between the 3 and the 9 into my opponent's long rail - and end up just past the center of the table for position, and I'm out...:cool:...

Seems to me that in order to cut the 6 which is then cutting the 2, your CB would be coming off a little hot to land where you want? Maybe not, but it looks like it on my phone from this angle.

And, by the way, I cannot believe you, The Ghost, likes this shot in any way, shape or form.

Cory in dc

Verified Member

You see, I'm gonna cut the 6 into the 2 - make the 2 - and my cueball will go long rail (just to the left of that piece of chalk), short rail, then between the 3 and the 9 and into my opponent's long rail - and end up just past the center of the table for position on the 6 or 5, and I'm out...:cool:...

Wait, are you saying that this thread is about a one pocket situation?