Bert vs. Tony 1. wwyd

onepockethacker

Verified Member
No Billy, my opponent won't be safely sliding off of the 3ball, and I'll show you why not...and unlike Rob, I know you're capable of admitting when you sleep something...this is excerpted from the post you made early in this thread when you stated that thinning the 6 was your second choice here ----->

^ That was where you were sleeping...

Because when I cut the 6ball, I won't be "covering the 5" (and thus lessening my ball position by blocking the 5 with the six, by the way)..no, I will be cutting the 6ball into the 2ball, the 2ball heading towards my pocket either directly, or off the outside of the 5ball, possibly making the 2, and if not, leaving it close enough to my pocket that there will sure-as-hell not be any "sliding off of the 3ball" safety option for my opponent...

It's the very first pic in this thread that best shows the angle, and the availability of the 6-2 combination - here it is again ----->
Hey rocket scientist.... where do you think your cue ball will end up on a cut that thin with you THINKING you are going to get that much movement off the 2 ball? at the softest you are going to leave your opponent straight in on the 1 ball from a foot way or your cue ball might come all the way around the table..

have a nice day:)

wincardona

Verified Member
No Billy, my opponent won't be safely sliding off of the 3ball, and I'll show you why not...and unlike Rob, I know you're capable of admitting when you sleep something...this is excerpted from the post you made early in this thread when you stated that thinning the 6 was your second choice here ----->

Because when I cut the 6ball, I won't be "covering the 5" (and thus lessening my ball position by blocking the 5 with the six, by the way)..no, I will be cutting the 6ball into the 2ball, the 2ball heading towards my pocket either directly, or off the outside of the 5ball, possibly making the 2, and if not, leaving it close enough to my pocket that there will sure-as-hell not be any "sliding off of the 3ball" safety option for my opponent...

It's the very first pic in this thread that best shows the angle, and the availability of the 6-2 combination - here it is again ----->
I just woke up to read your response, and what a response it is. Are you serious with how you expect people to believe that playing off the 6ball the way you described is even remotely possible with out losing the cue ball. Talking about a stretch, :eek: If you can find one person that understands pool and explain this option to them they'll be shaking their head in disbelief. You're really losing it in this thread, now your describing shot choices that are easy to recognize as obviously incorrect. What you just described is ..impossible to do.:frus Playing the option with sliding off the 6ball is a strong option for the following two reasons. You leave the cue ball a distance from the moved 6ball close to the rail and force your opponent to slide off the 3ball because the 6ball will block the 5ball (second reason) and sliding off the 3ball will be his only reasonable option, unless he's mad at his money and shoots the 1ball.:D You have totally disregarded both of the strong points about shooting the 6ball and redesigned it to look like a circus shot.:frus Freddie would be ashamed , you being from Chicago and all that.:sorry

I have to reel you back in to being the Ghost, maybe you should try eating a "Snickers"

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member

In the future Ghost if you are going to try and fluster or challenge Billy you need to bring the HIGH HEAT of FELLER or the BIG BREAKER OF KOUFAX like I do.... you serve Billy up batting practice:lol:lol:lol

have a nice day:)

tylerdurden

Verified Member
the name tylerdurden = is the name of the fictional uber-macho fighter/alpha male character from Chuck Palahniuk's novel, and the film - Fight Club...hmmm...now I'm no licensed psychologist..but even so, I do know that the type of guys who pick those kinds of macho-hero screen names for theirselves, like 'tylerdurden' for example - are usually those compensating, unmasculine, dungeon & dragons playing computer nerd types - now that wouldn't describe the real you by any chance would it, crylerdurden?...:eek:...

So maybe you should change your fictional uber-macho 'tylerdurden' onepocket.org name to a reality based name that suits you better, such as:

APA 5 league player...:heh...:lol...:sorry

PS, But wait, I can't decide - maybe an even better name for you would be: Hacker's little helper...:lol :p :lol

- Ghost <-----Still undefeated, like Floyd Mayweather :heh
That's quite the misread on the Tyler Duden character. Whatever your take, the character appeals to me for his intelligent and insightful views of society. "Advertising has us chasing clothes and cars, working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we don't need". A sentiment any true pool player may relate with, so I'm sure The point is lost on you. I'm not much into machismo at all; I have a picture of the duder as my avatar. Get a grip ghost what else can you be wrong about in a single day?

Last edited:

straightback

Verified Member
That's quite the misread on the Tyler Duden character. Whatever your take, the character appeals to me for his intelligent and insightful views of society. "Advertising has us chasing clothes and cars, working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we don't need". A sentiment any true pool player may relate with, so I'm sure The point is lost on you. I'm not much into machismo at all; I have a picture of the duder as my avatar. Get a grip ghost what else can you be wrong about in a single day?
I'm sure Riva can think of a few things.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Excellent rebuttal, now that's what I'm talking about..the Ghost is back.:D see you soon.

Dr. Bill
BILLY... what are you doing? your slipping... Don't you know the Ghost is MR. PROP BETTOR... perhaps he wants to show us at Derby the 6 into the 2 into the 5 and kill the cue ball shot...:rolleyes::lol:lol:lol

LSJohn

Verified Member
BILLY... what are you doing? your slipping... Don't you know the Ghost is MR. PROP BETTOR... perhaps he wants to show us at Derby the 6 into the 2 into the 5 and kill the cue ball shot...:rolleyes::lol:lol:lol
Wait, maybe you guys misunderstood. When Ghost said 6 into 2 might make the 2, maybe he was planning to go 3 rails with the CB and kick the 2 in. I like that shot now that Hacker has me playing more aggressively.

:D

(I hope I don't get fired from my number 2 Fan job for this... I REALLY need the cash.)

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Wait, maybe you guys misunderstood. When Ghost said 6 into 2 might make the 2, maybe he was planning to go 3 rails with the CB and kick the 2 in. I like that shot now that Hacker has me playing more aggressively.

:D

(I hope I don't get fired from my number 2 Fan job for this... I REALLY need the cash.)
Good eye, we have a new WWYD winner! The timing shot plays great from here. I knew that putting the cue ball by the 9 just wasn't right.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Cary made me LOL

Cary made me LOL

It's the only viable shot on the table. Clearly.
I can't claim the cookie... I was just explaining Ghost's shot.

What kind of cookie should we give him? I saw a really interesting thick white one once, surrounded by yellowish water.

Whaddaya think? :D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
That's quite the misread on the Tyler Duden character. Whatever your take, the character appeals to me for his intelligent and insightful views of society. I'm not much into machismo at all; I have a picture of the duder as my avatar. Get a grip ghost what else can you be wrong about in a single day?
Sorry "hacker's little helper", but as usual, I'm not wrong - you are - and also as always, I come equipped with the proof....for my purposes I didn't choose to speak of the anti-capitalist facets of Tyler Durden's persona....you say I have "quite a mis-read" by identifying Tyler Durden as being uber-tough and macho?...really?...here, from Wikipedia, is excerpted dialogue from the film, taking place soon after the narrator first meets Tyler Durden ----->

the narrator meets Tyler Durden, a charismatic extremist of mysterious means. After an explosion destroys the narrator's condominium, he asks to stay at Tyler's house. Tyler agrees, but asks for something in return: "I want you to hit me as hard as you can." Both men find that they enjoy the ensuing fistfight. They subsequently move in together and establish a "fight club", drawing numerous men with similar temperaments into bare-knuckle fighting matches.

^ Nope, nothing tough-guy or macho at all about Tyler Durden's character...:rolleyes:...

- Winner

PS, And don't bother to challenge me to any superhero, role playing video games, or Dungeons & Dragons, etc....cuz I would have no chance, never having played them - whereas I have a hunch that you're a ranking champion at them...:heh...:lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Hey rocket scientist.... where do you think your cue ball will end up on a cut that thin with you THINKING you are going to get that much movement off the 2 ball? at the softest you are going to leave your opponent straight in on the 1 ball

have a nice day

I just woke up to read your response, and what a response it is. Are you serious with how you expect people to believe that playing off the 6ball the way you described is even remotely possible with out losing the cue ball. .:frus Freddie would be ashamed , you being from Chicago and all that.:sorry

I have to reel you back in to being the Ghost, maybe you should try eating a "Snickers"

Dr. Bill
Sure didn't want to forget to answer you two chuckleheads..:)...I know you guys aren't really serious here ;) you're just having fun foolishly ganging up on the Ghost...:heh...but I'll pretend that you're serious, and take the time and patience to point out the obvious to youse two...:rolleyes:...

I specifically said (reading comprehension is a good thing, by the way), I would choose this option, and cut the 6 into the 2, if I was playing an average player...well that being the case, guess what...

I don't give a flying fuk where the cueball ends up - because I will now have three balls sitting in front of my pocket - so I have no problem leaving my average playing opponent straight in on nthe 1ball from several feet away, on these 4-1/4" pockets, with him knowing that with the 6ball now gone, he has nothing to play position on after making that straight in 1ball - if he makes the 1, he can only get one ball, but if he misses it/jaws it, he loses the game <-----I always love offering my opponents that type of %-situation...:heh...:cool:

Have a nice day Laurel & Hardy...:lol

- Ghost

PS, And Billy..as for Freddy...as I said before, I communicate with him all the time, and he want's to be in with me in all of my debates and prop bets vs. you...:heh

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Sure didn't want to forget to answer you two chuckleheads..:)...I know you guys aren't really serious here ;) you're just having fun foolishly ganging up on the Ghost...:heh...but I'll pretend that you're serious, and take the time and patience to point out the obvious to youse two...:rolleyes:...

I specifically said (reading comprehension is a good thing, by the way), I would choose this option, and cut the 6 into the 2, if I was playing an average player...well that being the case, guess what...

I don't give a flying fuk where the cueball ends up - because I will now have three balls sitting in front of my pocket - so I have no problem leaving my average playing opponent straight in on nthe 1ball from several feet away, on these 4-1/4" pockets, with him knowing that with the 6ball now gone, he has nothing to play position on after making that straight in 1ball - if he makes the 1, he can only get one ball, but if he misses it/jaws it, he loses the game <-----I always love offering my opponents that type of %-situation...:heh...:cool:

- Ghost

PS, And Billy..as for Freddy...as I said before, I communicate with him all the time, and he want's to be in with me in all of my debates and prop bets vs. you...:heh
HEY INCARDONA... GRAB A BAT AND TAKE SOME B.P.. AGAIN.. You have out done yourself Ghost.. I can't wait till Billy reads this last moronic post...

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Sorry "hacker's little helper", but as usual, I'm not wrong - you are - and also as always, I come equipped with the proof....for my purposes I didn't choose to speak of the anti-capitalist facets of Tyler Durden's persona....you say I have "quite a mis-read" by identifying Tyler Durden as being uber-tough and macho?...really?...here, from Wikipedia, is excerpted dialogue from the film, taking place soon after the narrator first meets Tyler Durden ----->

the narrator meets Tyler Durden, a charismatic extremist of mysterious means. After an explosion destroys the narrator's condominium, he asks to stay at Tyler's house. Tyler agrees, but asks for something in return: "I want you to hit me as hard as you can." Both men find that they enjoy the ensuing fistfight. They subsequently move in together and establish a "fight club", drawing numerous men with similar temperaments into bare-knuckle fighting matches.

^ Nope, nothing tough-guy or macho at all about Tyler Durden's character...:rolleyes:...

- Winner

PS, And don't bother to challenge me to any superhero, role playing video games, or Dungeons & Dragons, etc....cuz I would have no chance, never having played them - whereas I have a hunch that you're a ranking champion at them...:heh...:lol
Ghost, I think you have confidence problems, something about needing to prove to yourself you are never wrong. These problems seem to extend into you high pressure strokes in pool too unfortunately. Tyler had more of a cerebral quest, fighting against big bankers and commonly accepted norms. It's no use arguing with you though, because you are always right, until the straight in case ball is in front of you and the truth comes out.

wincardona

Verified Member

- Ghost

So, lets see if I got this right. You're at the table with the superior position and have several viable options which none of them you like. Not even your original option with rolling the 1ball to the side and leaving me a tough kick into the 5ball:rolleyes: Well at least we agree on that option not being viable, lets move on. Again, you have the best position and now it's time to implode (cave in) and decide to shoot the combination ? carom? and run the cue ball, to where? Figuring that even if you happen to miss this hanger which you are about a 7/1 dog to pocket the most your opponent can get is one ball, and then move another possibly to his pocket. Yes, I remember thinking like that before, I was up for four days and stuck pretty bad and decided to shoot a shot similar to your shot. Unfortunately I missed and lost the game, I was lucky that I was out of money so I had to quit. Good luck with the shot.

Dr. Bill