Bert vs. Tony 1. wwyd

LSJohn

Verified Member
the speed of the CB is critical to the shots success, it's difficult, but I'd shoot it if it came up in a game, especially now that I've practiced it, and been given the vision to actually see it as an viable option.

OK, thanks.

I'll have to practice it when I can get to my table to see if I can get equally comfortable with it. I still have my doubts but I'm eager to test it.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
The 1 was my shot also, but Jeff don't worry about making the 1 if you hang it up ok too. My worry with shot is I have to put the cueball in a about 6 inch area. Too far he cuts the nine in or not enough he takes out the ball by my pocket. Real touchy!
Did you take this to the table, or were you just able to see this from the posted pictures, because what you said here is absolutely the way it plays out at the table. Great EYE!!

Island Drive

Verified Member
Been gone for 9 days....I'm gonna bank the three just below the side pocket, and straighten em up on the nine/one ball. Should get a nice carom off the thirteen.

one pocket guy

Verified Member
Thanks Jeff for the kind words. I saw it right off because I shoot those type shots a lot I'm battle with Rattlesnakes lol
Ps Please tell James Chistopher Todd Williams says hi.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Re. the downsides to Rob's choice here <--- and here, I'm testing out the new and shiny, friendly, able to accept criticism re. his choice, Rob :) (since all upsides and downsides should be considered when choosing your shot) - as Todd/one pocket guy and LSJohn stated - the landing area is awfully small for the shot to be a success....and one other downside to his shot that wasn't brought to light by Billy, in his analysis, or anyone else is this...

Right now, the 6ball passes the 2ball to go in your/the shooter's pocket...by pocketing the 1ball in Rob's shot, the 1ball will now block the 6 from going..and not only that, but conversely, by pocketing the 1ball, it will then be another ball that does go/can be made by your opponent, in his pocket.

Anyways, LSJohn wins Tony's peanut butter-chocolate chip muffin..:heh..Tony shot John's shot...he hit it good - here was his result ----->

Attachments

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
Hackers' shot was the first and only shot I looked at.
It's easy and puts a lot of pressure on your opponent.

Bill S.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
Re. the downsides to Rob's choice here <--- and here, I'm testing out the new and shiny, friendly, able to accept criticism re. his choice, Rob :) (since all upsides and downsides should be considered when choosing your shot) - as Todd/one pocket guy and LSJohn stated - the landing area is awfully small for the shot to be a success....and one other downside to his shot that wasn't brought to light by Billy, in his analysis, or anyone else is this...

Right now, the 6ball passes the 2ball to go in your/the shooter's pocket...by pocketing the 1ball in Rob's shot, the 1ball will now block the 6 from going..and not only that, but conversely, by pocketing the 1ball, it will then be another ball that does go/can be made by your opponent, in his pocket.

Anyways, LSJohn wins Tony's peanut butter-chocolate chip muffin..:heh..Tony shot John's shot...he hit it good - here was his result ----->
Yummmmm!

Problem is, as Hacker said, Bert now has a good 2-railer on the 3 to send CB to the top rail. If the 3 just gets close, the 2-ball return shot may be too dangerous, and everything else is blocked.

baby huey

Verified Member
Most everybody has covered all the shots in this scenario. I think pocketing the one ball is the correct shot but for a reason not covered so far. By pocketing the one ball you have effectively cleared your opponents side of a trouble ball, we all see that but by doing so lanes were created for straight back banks off his defense which most likely will leave those freebe potential bank shots to your hole.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Yummmmm!

Problem is, as Hacker said, Bert now has a good 2-railer on the 3 to send CB to the top rail. If the 3 just gets close, the 2-ball return shot may be too dangerous, and everything else is blocked.
Yep, that's a possibility..and that's one reason why I wouldn't have pocketed it as Tony did..as I posted in post #31 --->

" against a strong player - because his level of mental and physical skills make him too strong of a favorite to make the cut shot on the 1ball and get follow-up position - against him, I'd move the 1ball."

What I would exactly do here against a strong player, is....I would move the 1ball, but not pocket it - instead I would move it up about 4 inches, to just before the side pocket - leaving it where it can't be pocketed by my opponent without him scratching, and also by leaving it there it blocks his straight-back banks of the 9ball...and my cueball will be left in the same tangent line as how Tony left it.

- Ghost

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Most everybody has covered all the shots in this scenario. I think pocketing the one ball is the correct shot but for a reason not covered so far. By pocketing the one ball you have effectively cleared your opponents side of a trouble ball, we all see that but by doing so lanes were created for straight back banks off his defense which most likely will leave those freebe potential bank shots to your hole.
Actually I covered it in y first post #12 and again in # 23...

Have a nice day:)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Anyhow this has been a good WWYD.. everyone learns at different levels so some people understand the value of making the 1 ball and going behind the 9 ball DICTATING to your opponent what he will do next.. ( in case some members dont understand this part) When you start dictating to your opponent what he WILL HAVE TO DO NEXT... then and only then are you understanding the game and REALLY moving.. there are a few different options dependent on each persons skill level so choose the one that fits your present game..ONLY KNOW THIS.. that option probably won't work against top players.. Anyway this WWYD has been a blast:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Anyhow this has been a good WWYD.. everyone learns at different levels so some people will understand that not making the 1 ball and leaving it on your opponent's long rail, where he can't make it because of the scratch, and where it will block his straight back banks, and where it will not block your 6ball from going in your pocket, is a stronger and wiser choice than pocketing the 1ball......in recognizing that, then and only then are you understanding the game and REALLY moving.

Have a nice day, Ghost :)

LSJohn

Verified Member
Anyhow this has been a good WWYD.. everyone learns at different levels so some people will understand that not making the 1 ball and leaving it on your opponent's long rail, where he can't make it because of the scratch, and where it will block his straight back banks, and where it will not block your 6ball from going in your pocket, is a stronger and wiser choice than pocketing the 1ball......in recognizing that, then and only then are you understanding the game and REALLY moving.

Have a nice day, Ghost :)
Now that's cruel... pointing out someone's errors even after he tells you to have a nice day.

Chickensheeeeeeeeet!

:D :D :D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Now that's cruel... pointing out someone's errors even after he tells you to have a nice day.

Chickensheeeeeeeeet!

:D :D :D
For you John will I will explain why the Ghosts shot in this case is wrong.. As usual Ghost is playing checkers while the game is chess.. Once the Ghost leaves the 1 ball there his opponent 2 rails the 3 ball and draws over behind the 9 ball and now guess what.... that 1 ball that Ghost so brilliantly left there without thinking ahead now prevents him from seeing the 3 ball that your opponent just put by his hole.. UH OH.. Or if he chooses a simple safety escape like banking the 8 ball over to his side and dropping to the end rail Ghosts shot will have accomplished zero... However its pretty clear the TOP players on here now recognize the best shot being the one I pointed out.. So like I said earlier read the posts and figure out for yourself what the best shot is..

onepockethacker

Verified Member
If nothing else hopefully people learn the value of my suggested shot.. All variations will come up when you play one pocket and if you are not used to look for them you won't see them right away.

Have a nice day :heh

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
For you John will I will explain why the Ghosts shot in this case is wrong.. As usual Ghost is playing checkers while the game is chess.. Once the Ghost leaves the 1 ball there his opponent 2 rails the 3 ball and draws over behind the 9 ball and now guess what.... that 1 ball that Ghost so brilliantly left there without thinking ahead now prevents him from seeing the 3 ball that your opponent just put by his hole
Wrong yet again..:rolleyes:...you're just doing all of this magic cueball control with your mouse..:heh...and tell you what - it's prop bet time :eek: - for the next DCC - and as I've said many times on here, I'll put my money where my mouth is - will you?...and I will post up show-up $$$ with Steve Booth tonight...

Since you say it's such a hanger/so automatic to execute...With the cueball next to the 1ball, you 2-rail the 3, get it to end up by your pocket, and get me hidden behind the 9 where I can't see it --- every time that you execute this, I'll pay off --- every time I can shoot and hit the 3 after you shoot, you pay off...simple...say, for $50 per shot...let me know if you're willing to back up your wrong analysis and paypal Steve tonight...:)

Have a nice day, Gh:)st

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Wrong yet again..:rolleyes:...you're just doing all of this magic cueball control with your mouse..:heh...and tell you what - it's prop bet time :eek: - for the next DCC - and as I've said many times on here, I'll put my money where my mouth is - will you?...and I will post up show-up $$$ with Steve Booth tonight...

Since you say it's such a hanger/so automatic to execute...With the cueball next to the 1ball, you 2-rail the 3, get it to end up by your pocket, and get me hidden behind the 9 where I can't see it --- every time that you execute this, I'll pay off --- every time I can shoot and hit the 3 after you shoot, you pay off...simple...say, for $50 per shot...let me know if you're willing to back up your wrong analysis and paypal Steve tonight...:)

Have a nice day, Gh:)st
As usual Ghost you miss the boat again... I don't have to totally hook you from seeing the 3 ball after I 2 rail it for my shot to be successful. What I do is DICTATE to you what your next shot is... removing the 3 ball without leaving me a shot.. anyway I hope the members are starting to see about when you start dictating what your opponent MUST do next than you are out moving your opponent like Im doing in this thread.... Hopefully the members are starting to grasp the concept and appreciate the tips.. Whenever you are thinking about doing what you think is a "move" like the Ghost did with the 1 ball in this thread stop yourself and ask what will his reply be... anyway this WWYD has been exhilarating

onepockethacker

Verified Member
A lot of good choices have been put forward including the Ghosts. Lets try to get another WWYD up.. Let's keep learning process flowing

beatle

Verified Member
okay who are you and what did you do to the hacker. let him out and bring him back.