banking the ball backwards

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
enjoy
RIP BUGS RUCKER
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OSZqMOBJ6Zs#t=237s[/ame]

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Thanks for the video. I usually have a good feel for this backward cut bank shot and it's even harder to shoot with inside English.
P.S. Happy father's day to all the pops here.

iusedtoberich

Verified Member
Was that a "typo" on the last shot of the video? Did he mean to say outside, instead of inside english?

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Nice Video Larry, "Bug" probably had MORE natural talent for pool than just about anyone I've seen play!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Was that a "typo" on the last shot of the video? Did he mean to say outside, instead of inside english?

If this was my game ball and I could shoot it with no consideration to where the cueball went, I would shoot it with inside also.

Tough to tell what Bugs actually hit it with from the video.

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
Good shot by one of the greats! Pretty sure he's using outside on the first shot.And I would be too. John B.

PS: well... i guess this is a one pocket shot,that's why it's over here:lol JB

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Good shot by one of the greats! Pretty sure he's using outside on the first shot.And I would be too. John B.

PS: well... i guess this is a one pocket shot,that's why it's over here:lol JB

Dearest CatFishBreath,

He's talking about the last shot you moonshine-swilling, rope-tire-over-the-creek-swinging yokel:p.

RBL

John Brumback

Verified Member
Dearest CatFishBreath,

He's talking about the last shot you moonshine-swilling, rope-tire-over-the-creek-swinging yokel:p.

RBL

Well I'll be dang...now I'm cornfused.Whos who?:eek: A blind person can see what he's using on the last shot,you RBL:p CFB

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Well I'll be dang...now I'm cornfused.Whos who?:eek: A blind person can see what he's using on the last shot,you RBL:p CFB

Dear "washin' your clothes on a rock at the river" Breath,

In all seriousness I cannot tell for certain what he hit the last shot with. It looks like outside (right) even though he said left. I would still hit it with left (inside) if it was game ball.

RBL

John Brumback

Verified Member

In all seriousness I cannot tell for certain what he hit the last shot with. It looks like outside (right) even though he said left. I would still hit it with left (inside) if it was game ball.

RBL

Now I'm wondering if we are watching the same vid:frus:eek::lol CFB

Now I'm going to watch again for the 7th time!!!!!

John Brumback

Verified Member

RBL

Ohhhhhh,I see now:lol. It went back to the first shot at the end of the vid. I'm thinking he just missspoke. There is no reason in the world as to why he or anyone would use inside on a shot like that. You would be making the shot much harder than it already is.Outside will help with this type of shot. J "cfb" B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Ohhhhhh,I see now:lol. It went back to the first shot at the end of the vid. I'm thinking he just missspoke. There is no reason in the world as to why he or anyone would use inside on a shot like that. You would be making the shot much harder than it already is.Outside will help with this type of shot. J "cfb" B.

He did hit with right (outside) right? I thought he missssssspoke also.

RBL

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Oh hush! I adressed the problem in another post and I'm am :sorry!!!!!:lol
And stupid:eek::mad::lol cfb

Dearest "sittin' on the porch with a corncob pipe" Breath,

Just so we're clear: what do you think he hit this shot with? Right (outside) or left (inside).

bugs's bank.jpg

If you had been paying attention either of the times you were in the 7th grade you would have understood that I can't really tell what he hit it with.

RBL

John Brumback

Verified Member
Dearest "sittin' on the porch with a corncob pipe" Breath,

Just so we're clear: what do you think he hit this shot with? Right (outside) or left (inside).

View attachment 8429

If you had been paying attention either of the times you were in the 7th grade you would have understood that I can't really tell what he hit it with.

RBL

Hey I saw that:mad::D I THINK HE HIT IT WITH OUTSIDE ( RIGHT HAND ENGLISH!!!!!) :p CFB!!!!!

PS: did I missssspell the word missspoke:D:frus:sorry Got to run.family is taking me to Red Lobster I'll take this up with you at another date.Have fun fellars And Happy Fathers day to all of the Dads out there!! JB

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Hey I saw that:mad::D I THINK HE HIT IT WITH OUTSIDE ( RIGHT HAND ENGLISH!!!!!) :p CFB!!!!!

PS: did I missssspell the word missspoke:D:frus:sorry Got to run.family is taking me to Red Lobster I'll take this up with you at another date.Have fun fellars And Happy Fathers day to all of the Dads out there!! JB

I agree with you CFB and with IUTBR. I thought he hit it with right also.

P.S. No, you spellllllled it correctly:p. Enjoy dinner.

RBL

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Since I have had the pleasure of him shooting this shot on me with impunity, I can for sure tell you that he uses extreme outside on these shots. Does anyone remember when I posted in that thread with a ball on the spot and the cue ball in the back pocket, when I said that bumping the ob ball over to the long rail and letting the cue ball fall to the short rail was a stiff against top bankers like
Bugs because they will turn the ball back into the pocket.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Since I have had the pleasure of him shooting this shot on me with impunity, I can for sure tell you that he uses extreme outside on these shots. Does anyone remember when I posted in that thread with a ball on the spot and the cue ball in the back pocket, when I said that bumping the ob ball over to the long rail and letting the cue ball fall to the short rail was a stiff against top bankers like
Bugs because they will turn the ball back into the pocket.

Beard

Freddy,

Unfortunately I do remember you having Bugs shooting at the wrong pocket:confused::):frus:sorry.

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=109276&postcount=26

From this thread: http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7692

Dennis

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I'm pretty sure that he hit the first deep cut shot with outside but could also be done with inside. The second shot, the straight back underneath him was definitely done with outside. I doubt that that one could be done with inside from that location. What do think John about that second bank, is it even possible to be done with inside?