Bank pool tournaments?

uwate

I am looking to try to compete more at bank pool. In miami, very few play the game and there are no tournaments near me. The tournaments I do know of that are regularly held are
~Derby
~ US Open bank Pool
~Red Shoes event every 3-4 mos.
~There is a derby style event held in jacksonville the week or two before derby
~The bank event held at the The Space City Open in Houston in December.

I also saw on here and on facebook that Michaels in Cincinnati held a bank event right before derby too.

Are there any other events that folks know of? thank you for any guidance!

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Welcome to the forums!

You named abut all of the ones I am aware of, maybe some others will chime in with more info!

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
uwate, Howdy;

If you have enough 1P players ya might be able to start one of your own ???
A chance for them to cultivate their skills to help with the 1P ???

Get them to come to you.

hank

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
I am looking to try to compete more at bank pool. In miami, very few play the game and there are no tournaments near me. The tournaments I do know of that are regularly held are
~Derby
~ US Open bank Pool
~Red Shoes event every 3-4 mos.
~There is a derby style event held in jacksonville the week or two before derby
~The bank event held at the The Space City Open in Houston in December.

I also saw on here and on facebook that Michaels in Cincinnati held a bank event right before derby too.

Are there any other events that folks know of? thank you for any guidance!

There is a "bank tournament" at Red Shoes (Alsip. Illinois) that begins at noon this Saturday (February 15, 2020). Entry fee is $50. There is added money ($500) depending on the number of players (limited to a maximum 30 players) . It's an Ironman contest which means the matches of play are continuous until someone wins it. There have been many times that the tournament has run for 15 to 18 hours in duration.

uwate

thank you for the responses. I do plan to try to go to chicago to play in this event but maybe not in February. The Florida boy in me cannot fade Feb in Chicago.