Bank Pool Tournament (10/1/2011) @ Red Shoes Billiards (with **CALCUTTA**)

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Red Shoes Billiards will be sponsoring a Bank Pool Tournament on Saturday October 1st, 2011. This is a $50 entry fee (green fee included), $500 added (based on a full field), Double Elimination, Full Rack Banks (race to 23 balls-both sides). Sign-up by 12:00 PM (noon). Contact: John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards 12009 S. Pulaski Rd. Alsip, Illinois 60803 (tel. 708-388-3700) or website:redshoesbilliards.com This Tournament will be "live streamed" and there will be a ****CALCUTTA****

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Might learn sumptin

Might learn sumptin

As soon as I get knocked out I will do commentary. Hopefully later rather than earlier. Since it's full rack banks ya'll will get a chance to learn some real bank strategy. No human on this earth can out move me in this game. ( I am not altogether sure about how I might weigh up against Moonbeam and his flock, however, since they aint officially from this planet.)

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
As soon as I get knocked out I will do commentary. Hopefully later rather than earlier. Since it's full rack banks ya'll will get a chance to learn some real bank strategy. No human on this earth can out move me in this game. ( I am not altogether sure about how I might weigh up against Moonbeam and his flock, however, since they aint officially from this planet.)

Beard

Well then,maybe you can teach me somtin,cause It sounds like I coming too.
PS: I got some cincy,Oh moves that you still have never seen.
I've beat Donny Anderson,Joey Speath,Gary Speath,all the Carrelie brothers...do I need to go on? And when they were still hittin em real good,I might add.Just messin witcha,but It's true. John B.

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
Does anyone know if the live streamed matches will be available to buy on DVD afterwards?

I wish I could play but it's just a little too far for me.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Cant wait!

Cant wait!

John Brumback said:
Well then,maybe you can teach me somtin,cause It sounds like I coming too.
PS: I got some cincy,Oh moves that you still have never seen.
I've beat Donny Anderson,Joey Speath,Gary Speath,all the Carrelie brothers...do I need to go on? And when they were still hittin em real good,I might add.Just messin witcha,but It's true. John B.

Lordy be! I am tickled that you will be coming. Cant wait to see you. Can I spread the word? Dont take offense that I brag that I move better than anybody playing bank. It just happens to be true. That is all I have left is my brain, because I cant shoot a lick anymore.

Please dont bait me into putting up my bank pool beat list. Everybody will blame you for it. I will go easy and just mention that I gave Ronnie Allen 9 to 7 at his home room in LA, Big Mama's, (for $1500) in 1970.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Lordy be! I am tickled that you will be coming. Cant wait to see you. Can I spread the word? Dont take offense that I brag that I move better than anybody playing bank. It just happens to be true. That is all I have left is my brain, because I cant shoot a lick anymore.

Please dont bait me into putting up my bank pool beat list. Everybody will blame you for it. I will go easy and just mention that I gave Ronnie Allen 9 to 7 at his home room in LA, Big Mama's, (for $1500) in 1970.

Beard

Ok cool.Yep 99% sure I will be there.Make sure you get the gaff out of them tables fore I get there.Just messin withcha somemore.John B.
PS:Man I wish they had Diamonds everywhere I went.I'd win every full rack tourny,Ha

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

Ok cool.Yep 99% sure I will be there.Might get there Thursday, Friday at the latest.John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Red Shoes said:
If you are playing in the Bank Pool Tournament...please be there no later than 12:00 PM (noon)...Because of the "Calcutta" and "Live Stream"

I should be getting In there around thursday afternoon or early evening.Looking forward to It.Is there a dress code? Thanks
John B.

Warren

Verified Member
From
Midway, KY
I will be coming to this one. Should be there Friday afternoon. What hotel should we stay at, any ideas? Truman said the Hampton.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Wear anything....

Wear anything....

John Brumback said:
I should be getting In there around thursday afternoon or early evening.Looking forward to It.Is there a dress code? Thanks
John B.

..except a brassiere and panties -- unless you are a female contestant.

BEard

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
There is no dress code, we are an ACTUAL pool room. You know "pool room", long guns and shoulder fired weapons are checked at the door. Pistols, revolvers and knives (blades no longer than 12") may be kept on your person...holstered or sheathed of course. There are 3 motels in Alsip (DoubleTree, Baymont & Days Inn..cheapest). The Hampton is in Creastwood (next suburb west). Within 5 miles of the pool room there are probably 20 motels. The pool room opens at 11AM (closes when I get tired..which usually happens around 4-5 AM). Full bar and kitchen. See you soon. John Lavin

John Brumback

Verified Member
Red Shoes said:
There is no dress code, we are an ACTUAL pool room. You know "pool room", long guns and shoulder fired weapons are checked at the door. Pistols, revolvers and knives (blades no longer than 12") may be kept on your person...holstered or sheathed of course. There are 3 motels in Alsip (DoubleTree, Baymont & Days Inn..cheapest). The Hampton is in Creastwood (next suburb west). Within 5 miles of the pool room there are probably 20 motels. The pool room opens at 11AM (closes when I get tired..which usually happens around 4-5 AM). Full bar and kitchen. See you soon. John Lavin

Well I was wonderin If you had to check em In or If ya could just ware em while playin.What about keepin em In cue case,Is that ok?Don't know which one's I'm bringin.It'll be a good one though.
Haha,thanks for the heads up.Sounds like a fun poolroom!!.Oh, you have a bar too!? Cya soon.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Getting geared up

Getting geared up

John B was in Red Shoes last night, so was Gary Luttman, and our Warren. All getting ready for the tourney. Bad news, Greg Sullivan wasnt feeling well and is not coming. That means Truman, who rides with Greg, wont make it either. Greg must really be feeling bad if he aint coming, much as he loves bank tournaments.

I aint even sure if I am going to play, much as I want to. Hours of commentary and trying to play is a ruff job for my old ass. Plus, Im a little afraid of embarrassing myself on the TV table. I aint worrying about getting outsmarted, that aint gonna happen, no matter who I play, but missing hangers by diamonds is a real concern. Well we will just have to see what happens.

Beard