Bank Pool "Secret"

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
More than 30 years ago "California" John McCue told me "banks are all speed". I always knew what it meant and never forgot him saying it. I've never heard anyone mention anything along similar lines until listening to Freddy at the 2012 DCC Ring Game.

Freddy said: "To play the game correctly you gotta change speeds".

Now I can die a happy man:p.

Dennis

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
If anybody ought to know Freddie should. I have seen a lot of players that shoot every shot very hard in the banks. I tend to miss more the harder I shoot. I will only shoot very hard if I really need to straighten one up.

Pel

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
If anybody ought to know Freddie should. I have seen a lot of players that shoot every shot very hard in the banks. I tend to miss more the harder I shoot. I will only shoot very hard if I really need to straighten one up.

Pel

The point is Pel, every bank has a proper speed with which it should be hit. It doesn't matter who is shooting it, how much he's stuck, whether he's up or not, the bank calls for a certain speed and that's the speed it should be struck with.
Many very good players never master this or understand it.

Dennis

TrudyC

Hello, guys! I think shooting is mainly about using logic, as the proper speed and the strength of shot should be chosen. If you think over all these details you can reach success in this game.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Hello, guys! I think shooting is mainly about using logic, as the proper speed and the strength of shot should be chosen. If you think over all these details you can reach success in this game.

I will try to think over all of those details but that is quite a lot of wisdom to absorb. Since this is your first post, I will spend some extra time reviewing these instructions and trying my best to integrate them into my game. Thank you so much. Meanwhile why don't you introduce yourself and tell us something about who you are and where you are from and what kind of men you like etc.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Careful.....

Careful.....

.....Jimmy,the last female here[not Clare] wasn't a female.It was that mean, balding,fat ugly guy from NYC who was into silk and chains,remember?I forget the username.......cheers,Bob

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
More than 30 years ago "California" John McCue told me "banks are all speed". I always knew what it meant and never forgot him saying it. I've never heard anyone mention anything along similar lines until listening to Freddy at the 2012 DCC Ring Game.

Freddy said: "To play the game correctly you gotta change speeds".

Now I can die a happy man:p.

Dennis

Dennis, if I remember correctly the context of the situation that initiated that response from me was that I had noted that non-real-bankers (like Shane) usually all start out banking good because they hit every shot with the same speed. The game at that point looks easy. But as the match progresses and tightens up, they realize that to properly defend one's self in pressure situations and play the game correctly, you must be able to make the banks at different speeds. That is when the accuracy breaks down for the non-banker. If the match drags on the situation gets worse.

Beard

To prove my point further, I banked a "perfect" 5 and out and a perfect 4 and out against Chicago Sergio last friday. The "make" speeds were adjusted to play perfect position on each bank. If I did that in the NFL they'd give me a beer commercial.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis, if I remember correctly the context of the situation that initiated that response from me was that I had noted that non-real-bankers (like Shane) usually all start out banking good because they hit every shot with the same speed. The game at that point looks easy. But as the match progresses and tightens up, they realize that to properly defend one's self in pressure situations and play the game correctly, you must be able to make the banks at different speeds. That is when the accuracy breaks down for the non-banker. If the match drags on the situation gets worse.

Beard

To prove my point further, I banked a "perfect" 5 and out and a perfect 4 and out against Chicago Sergio last friday. The "make" speeds were adjusted to play perfect position on each bank. If I did that in the NFL they'd give me a beer commercial.

Freddy,

I don't recall the exact context right now but I think it involved a couple of the players who were constantly over-hitting otherwise easy cross-side banks and missing them short.

Of course, you're correct with the "change speeds to play shapes" theory. That's another part of what makes Banks so interesting. It's always a compromise between the best way to make the ball and playing position for the next one. Some top players don't believe in playing position at all, just make the ball and shoot from where the cueball stops.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
... to properly defend one's self in pressure situations and play the game correctly, you must be able to make the banks at different speeds. That is when the accuracy breaks down for the non-banker. If the match drags on the situation gets worse.

To prove my point further, I banked a "perfect" 5 and out and a perfect 4 and out against Chicago Sergio last friday. The "make" speeds were adjusted to play perfect position on each bank.

Beard

I see the brag has you knocking yourself, again !:rolleyes:...By the way, whatever happened to my "Pocket Speed Banks" challenge. :confused:..
Oh, I remember, YOU pled 'Failing Eyeballs', and wanted to play nothing over 3 ft. :lol :lol :lol

Banker McDuck

PS..If I remember right, you recieved considerable 'RAZZING' over that crack ! :D

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Surely he wouldn't try anything this 'sneaky'..but this reply sounds a lot like onepockethacker (AKA Asswhacker-offer) under an assumed name...(except for perfect puncuation, and spelling)

PS..Not tryna be nosy ma'am, but may I ask your age and weight please ? ...:eek: ROTF...LMFAO

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I see the brag has you knocking yourself, again !:rolleyes:...By the way, whatever happened to my "Pocket Speed Banks" challenge. :confused:..
Oh, I remember, YOU pled 'Failing Eyeballs', and wanted to play nothing over 3 ft. :lol :lol :lol

Banker McDuck

PS..If I remember right, you recieved considerable 'RAZZING' over that crack ! :D

Got your voice back I see. Still havent heard anything from your "right wing" ass in the Hanoi Jane thread. You have been quiet as a mouse. Does SczBill have compromising pics of you cavorting with the "West Coastie's" from when you went back home to San Jose? Inquiring minds would like to know.

The Muslim Brotherhood won the election in Egypt yesterday. I heard SczBill flew to Cairo just so he could vote them in.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Beard

The first mention of speed was on this shot. The shooter is notorious for hitting with too much speed. He did hit the ball too hard, missed the 9 cross-side and put the cueball at the other end of the table.

bank1.jpg

A couple of shots later this came up for another player. This is when you said:
"Let's see what kind of speed he uses on this".

bank2.jpg

After the player used too much speed and missed the ball short you said: "He's not comfortable with hitting the ball at medium speed, everybody likes to blast 'em. To play the game correctly you gotta change speeds".

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Hi TrudyC and welcome to the site. Are you a bankpool player?

P.S. What is that "typing test" link for at the bottom of your post? Should I click on it?

Dennis

Last edited: