bank instructional shortcoming

TomRoden

Verified Member
Most instructional miss the mark. " here is the halfway point". That's supposed to be the sweet spot, but its in error. Balls don't come off rails at the same angle as from coming in. It works fine with lasers and mirrors, but balls and rubber don't react the same way. There's deviation depending on where the cueball is struck. Top spin off a rail won't be the same as bottom. Mirror image is nothing more than a good starting point, but natural feel will always be more accurate. You have to reach that point,of course, but most bank systems fall short. Maybe its the beer talking.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Most instructional miss the mark. " here is the halfway point". That's supposed to be the sweet spot, but its in error. Balls don't come off rails at the same angle as from coming in. It works fine with lasers and mirrors, but balls and rubber don't react the same way. There's deviation depending on where the cueball is struck. Top spin off a rail won't be the same as bottom. Mirror image is nothing more than a good starting point, but natural feel will always be more accurate. You have to reach that point,of course, but most bank systems fall short. Maybe its the beer talking.

Come on Tom, bears can't talk:p.

RBL

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA

of course they all fall short....our computers in our heads gotta do that....

good example of what you say is most people look at a table and say 3 rails is aimed from the corner, to the middle diamond on the cross corner long rail.....at a glance a sheep can easily think so, especially when they have to use english throwning run on the ball.

imop banks is the hardest game....i know i'm not quite saying that right.....banks takes more cueing skills and knowledge i think of niche shots and shuch than every other game hands down, except of course maybe one pocket....thing is tho all the nuances in banks are just that much more stuble....its a simple game...bank it in the hole lol.

i just mentioned about dig shots earlier on az, about how in one hole that dig out with a double kiss and hold whitey in their pocket is a shot.....beginners think its lucky.

nuances....

-G.G.