Any Stream Live or NOT

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Terry Hanna, mornin'.
Yrs ago I started working with Pat Fleming/Accu Stats video productions at the Reno Events and others.

During that time I even went back and took radio and tv production classes at our local college to improve, seldom did any productions get on TV....tho Pat sold allot of VHS tapes to pool players.

FF to today....every person has a video screen in their hand. To help the $port, your production$, and your wallet I've got a Valid $uggestion.

If ANYONE wants to be streamed, they must look Good. Like the Golfers in the Fed Ex Cup, or Josh Roberts, or like the NEW front page on AZ Billiards....the Filler and SVB pics.

Your at a point in time where YOU and your production's, WILL make a huge difference to the entire industry, especially with society on lock down mode.

Bill Meacham

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Many don't know thi$$$$$$$$$$$ statistic.
While working in the BCA office with John Lewis, when they moved to CO from IA, here's a FACT.
Over 90% of all billiard products were not sold to pool players.
Their target market was HOME Owner$$$$$$.

unoperro

Verified Member
Couple of things

The BCA is all about manufacturers so since a table is a way bigger ticket item then cues those numbers are , or were , true.

I would wager the players and their purchases now equate to a much larger portion of the market. This only makes sense because playing cues,shafts,jump and break cues,cases,gloves and other aids/accessories are readily available.

By the way when was that 1970 ? 😉

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Couple of things

The BCA is all about manufacturers so since a table is a way bigger ticket item then cues those numbers are , or were , true.

I would wager the players and their purchases now equate to a much larger portion of the market. This only makes sense because playing cues,shafts,jump and break cues,cases,gloves and other aids/accessories are readily available.

By the way when was that 1970 ? 😉
So why did you choose to not respond to the opening thread #1?

unoperro

Verified Member
So why did you choose to not respond to the opening thread #1?
I dont buy streams so I am not going to tell them how to produce events.
Now the reason I dont purchase streams should be of interest to those who are selling streams : Too many streaming problems. Would you pay to see a movie if the picture stalled-froze-refreshed/reloaded ?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Now the reason I dont purchase streams should be of interest to those who are selling streams : Too many streaming problems. Would you pay to see a movie if the picture stalled-froze-refreshed/reloaded ?
So you don't care that the game looks unprofessional even when the Crabb man posts Free videos.
That's your choice.
How about this?
Would you like to see top golfers on TV with tee shirts, baggy pants and worn out tennis shoes?
Or any sport that you enjoy Free, would you enjoy it as much if they looked like a bunch of low lifes??
Do you think the public and the sponsors would think it's OK?

You avoided the question.

unoperro

Verified Member
I always try to wear collared shirts and nice pants for any trnmnt I play in.
I agree 100% that players do a horrible job of representing our sport.

Remember "pool" is a term referring to men behaving badly-hanging out in a betting parlor for pari mutual gambling.
Remember that players have shot themselves in the foot every chance they have .

The Mosconi Cup is a well produced event but....the crowd seems encouraged to act like hooligans.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I would adhere to any clothing requirement a tourney would have and I do think it puts the sport in a better light.

Makes me jealous of how they do snooker tourneys with refs in tuxedos and everyone dressed to impress!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
If matters get better, we'll be able to hear BI more on the mic and the payouts will increase, and the ball will start to roll again. That's a good thing for the game, and thx unoperro.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
How long has it been since you gave them a shot?
I'd say i catch 80% of any pocket matches that get streamed and I don't remember the last time I had any issues.
If it's POVPool or PoolActionTV doing the streaming they are usually quite solid.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
When I first started going to the DCC, I was appalled and disgusted in the dress of these top players. Ratty FKING t-shirts. Dirty jeans. Asking pool players to respect the game and them selves is too much?

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I streamed the first seniors one pocket and did so for five years, FREE. The platforms for streaming kept changing and me being a computer idiot had a hard time keeping up. I worked the few by myself and then I took in someone who was computer savvy to help. But he was unreliable and a drunk so I went alone again. After spending a lot of my own money to stream these tournament, I was dumped. No notice, no nothing. After finding out the new players in the game, I asked to be a part of the streaming. Working with JJ would be great for the fans. He gets a little droll at times, and having a small input would enhance the show. I had over 900 viewers for the show that went until the wee hours. I didn't ask for money, I didnt asked for a place to stay, I didnt ask for crap except to do what I had been doing for five tears AT MY OWN EXPENSE. Answer, NONE. So screw the PPV, it is just greed. 1000x$20=