Another wwyd

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Another shot came up last night I pondered for a bit before I pulled the trigger.

You both need 3, WWYD?

(the 11/14 are tied up and you cant make either one from up table)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
After looking at the shot again this morning I feel its a pretty straight forward shot from here (although different than what I did last night).

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I looked at crossing the 1 ball but planned on the CB being near the cluster on his long rail and I was too afraid to leave a cross corner if I missed it, so I chose something different...

I like the shot a lot better leaving the CB where you guys suggest

lll

Verified Member
if it laid right so the scratch was not huge
i would look at this
cincy 1.jpg

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Hehe, my pleasure - I like putting them up and commenting in others...

I just think that scratch off the back side of the 7 is hard to avoid. Plus if I don't make the 2 or put it in the jaws - I leave a cross corner bank clean or combo into the 1 ball that could get me into some trouble especially if I am left on his side up near the head rail behind the 2 clustered balls.

I figured the only shot was to take out the 1 ball. However I was worried about where I left the CB because I didn't want to leave him the 2 ball 1 long rail bank.

After looking at it this morning I should have probably just done this simple shot:

That way, if he decides to shoot the 2 ball, he is going to sell out the 1 ball if he misses and then I may get the 2 ball too on a cross corner after pocketing the 1 ball.

But for some reason I didn't think of that last night. Instead I kept thinking I had to block the 2 ball bank so I ended up playing the same shot, slightly different angle and tried to tie up the bank lane and ended up doing this:

I like the simpler shot better and its much easier to execute because if I don't get a little lucky on where that 1 ball ends up, he still can bank the 2 or even the 1 ball if the lane is clear.

LSJohn

Verified Member
After looking at it this morning I should have probably just done this simple shot:

Once again, (kinda.)

I thought that was the best conservative shot, maybe the smart shot, but had to be honest with myself and admit that at the table I'd probably cross the 1.

That way, if he decides to shoot the 2 ball, he is going to sell out the 1 ball if he misses and then I may get the 2 ball too on a cross corner after pocketing the 1 ball.
Exactly my rationale.

lll

Verified Member
put the 1ball in front of your pocket, might make it. :)

I just think that scratch off the back side of the 7 is hard to avoid. Plus if I don't make the 2 or put it in the jaws - I leave a cross corner bank clean or combo into the 1 ball that could get me into some trouble especially if I am left on his side up near the head rail behind the 2 clustered balls.

I figured the only shot was to take out the 1 ball. However I was worried about where I left the CB because I didn't want to leave him the 2 ball 1 long rail bank.

But for some reason I didn't think of that last night. Instead I kept thinking I had to block the 2 ball bank so I ended up playing the same shot, slightly different angle and tried to tie up the bank lane and ended up doing this:

I like the simpler shot better and its much easier to execute because if I don't get a little lucky on where that 1 ball ends up, he still can bank the 2 or even the 1 ball if the lane is clear.
rods shot is the shot imho
i put mine up more for food for thought
if the angle was such you would hit the 7 fat so there was no scratch
you would have 2 balls by your pocket that he would have to deal with
yes you may leave a cross corner but he is way up on the head rail
he could shoot it but if he misses he has to deal with not leaving you a shot on the the other ball near your pocket or a cross corner on the ball he missed
the 1 ball is far enough from the pocket that banking into it and making it would be a helluva shot to me
thats my 4.5 cents worth

lll

Verified Member
put the 1ball in front of your pocket, might make it. :)

rods shot is the shot (as usual)
and of course frank dabarbers shot selections are usually strong for consideration imho
i put mine up more for food for thought
if the angle was such you would hit the 7 fat so there was no scratch
you would have 2 balls by your pocket that he would have to deal with
yes you may leave a cross corner but he is way up on the head rail
he could shoot it but if he misses he has to deal with not leaving you a shot on the the other ball near your pocket or a cross corner on the ball he missed
the 1 ball is far enough from the pocket that banking into it and making it would be a helluva shot to me
thats my 4.5 cents worth