Another strange situation.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
In post #4 Steve's explanation of the way he feels this type of a situation should be handled is imo the correct way. I'll give you an example. Lets say player A needs 8 balls, he runs 8 balls and thinks he owes one and spots a ball. They continue play for about 15 minutes and player A snaps and say's..hey i'm out because I shouldn't have spotted that ball way back then when I ran 8 balls, I didn't owe a ball?:eek:

Well what would you say if you were his opponent?:p :p

Billy I.
Player 'A'(moron): Hey, I'm out because I shouldn't have spotted that ball way back then when I ran 8 balls, I didn't owe a ball.

Cowboy Dennis: How many do you have now?

Player 'A'(moron): I have 7.

Cowboy Dennis: I pay off at 8.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
cuesmith said:
Well that is debatable. He obviously could foul after the 8th ball was made, because he did!
Since the other player never got to the table to shoot, the game was over when he made his 8th ball. That is not debatable. He can't foul after the game is over, unless it's the second Blue Moon of a Leap Year and Halley's Comet has just passed overhead on the second sunday in the third week of April. It wasn't April was it? This could change everything:D .

P.S. One thing that one-pocket players almost always know is the ball count. This type mistake is extremely rare and has never happened to me or anyone I've been in a game with, that I recall.

Many times, in a long match, you can't even remember 2 or 3 shots ago. That's why the game continues after the other player has shot, unless he agrees to pay off.

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Player 'A'(moron): Hey, I'm out because I shouldn't have spotted that ball way back then when I ran 8 balls, I didn't owe a ball.

Cowboy Dennis: How many do you have now?

Player 'A'(moron): I have 7.

Cowboy Dennis: I pay off at 8.

Dennis
Well pay off because I ran 8 balls, and you know I didn't owe one, RIGHT?

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:

Billy I.
My (serious) answer to this would be: I don't know how many you ran 15 minutes ago, and you must've owed one or you wouldn't have put it up.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
My (serious) answer to this would be: I don't know how many you ran 15 minutes ago, and you must've owed one or you wouldn't have put it up.

Dennis

Dear Loophole Breath,

Better never try that with a Duck, you will become an instant "Quad". :eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:

Billy I.
Here are the other answers you will hear in response to this type question, in descending order of their liklihood of being heard by you when playing me:p .

1. No, you owed two.

2. I thought you ran 6, you must've stolen a ball.

3. I don't remember you spotting ANY up, you still owe one.

4. I did pay off, this is the next game Bill. Are you O.K.?

5 through 99 are much the same.

100. You are correct Mr. Incardona, you did run 8 and I slept it, how foolish of me not to keep track for you of your ball count. Here's the $200 and it won't happen again, sorry:eek: . Please go ahead and break as my way of apologizing to you, even though it's my break.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Dear Loophole Breath,

Better never try that with a Duck, you will become an instant "Quad". :eek:
I just have never felt obligated to help my opponent beat me. Here's what you'll look like after trying that BS line on me.

BEFORE:............................................................................................................. AFTER:
crazyduck.gif lame-duck.gif

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
wincardona said:

Billy I.

I just knew That was coming!! Good one Billy!! hahahaha