another martinez /efren

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If he can see the right side of the 9, then cross it into the 5/13, might make it... Put the CB above the middle of the side rail...

If he can't see the right side of the 9, then he can stiff bank the 9 into the 3 and draw the CB straight back under the 5 ball, locking him up...

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Maybe two rail the 9 into the bottom of the 3. Draw the rock to around the third diamond where the 2 is.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Get the bridge out, cut the 5 in and run out.

No prob.

Bet he didn't, or this would never have reached WWYD stage.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
It's 3-2 and not 1-0 but still same shot for me :)

I am bridging over the 5 and using all high ball. Bank the 11 pocket speed at my hole and when I make it I am shooting the 8 ball next.

My CB should be safe because he is doubled up on the 2-9.

unoperro

Verified Member
1 rail the 6 into the 5 13
Leave whitey up table where the 2 doubles up the 9

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Bank the 9 into the 3, pocket the 3 and continue your inning.

For those of you who expect to make a combo bank like that, good shot.

For us mere mortals, I think it might be better to play the 9 two rails into the bottom of the 3 and drag the CB to the rail about midway between where the 6 and 15 are (just in case we only hang the combo bank.) :)

youngstown

Verified Member
another martinez /efren

For us mere mortals, I think it might be better to play the 9 two rails into the bottom of the 3 and drag the CB to the rail about midway between where the 6 and 15 are (just in case we only hang the combo bank.) :)

I wonder how many times brumback would make that out of 10 tries...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
2 rail bank the 9...roll the cue up to 5
goldcrown ...you get half a cookie......:)
your shot selections are getting efrenesque....:eek:...:eek:....:)

you and efren wanted to bank the 9 and get on a ball
efren did it alittle different
he banked the 9 into the 13 to carom it towards his hole and got on top of the 3

me23.jpg

me24.jpg

poolboy79

Well-Known-Member

If the ball is on the "track" it is not as low percentage as you think LSJohn. Of course if you can have cover making the shot free even better.

Here's an example from Tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuYybiCvOkA

GoldCrown

Verified Member
goldcrown ...you get half a cookie......:)
your shot selections are getting efrenesque....:eek:...:eek:....:)

you and efren wanted to bank the 9 and get on a ball
efren did it alittle different
he banked the 9 into the 13 to carom it towards his hole and got on top of the 3

View attachment 15558

View attachment 15559

Thanks I'm trying. I've been working on caroms and never saw that. Thanks for the WWYD's. Forget about the cookie. Lance malt peanut crackers please.

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
If the ball is on the "track" it is not as low percentage as you think LSJohn. Of course if you can have cover making the shot free even better.

Here's an example from Tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuYybiCvOkA

Yes Poolboy, that shot is there but the margin for error is not. Efren made the right choice this time. This is a much easier play and the way he played his cue ball was simple and effective. Ideally, the thirteen should be a little further towards Efren's side rail.

Here is my example of Efren's shot.

Tom

In reviewing the final picture I'm not so sure Efren did a good job with the leave. Looks like the three can be banked and position on the five achieved.

https://youtu.be/MiT8Fu0mRNY

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Yes Poolboy, that shot is there but the margin for error is not. Efren made the right choice this time. This is a much easier play and the way he played his cue ball was simple and effective. Ideally, the thirteen should be a little further towards Efren's side rail.

Here is my example of Efren's shot.

Tom

In reviewing the final picture I'm not so sure Efren did a good job with the leave. Looks like the three can be banked and position on the five achieved.

https://youtu.be/MiT8Fu0mRNY

I thought he'd carom off the 13ball as I would, but I never think to draw down. I alway shoot that with 3:O'clock and go up towards the side, now I'll have to rethink the shot before I pull the trigger.

I like your example, sometimes those are game winners.