Annual Members Only Tournament ??

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I am strongly in favor of moving it around. We have definitely drawn in new players every time we have gone to a new location. My only issue with Chris's honestly, is that we have already been there. But that was taken into consideration in the voting as well, and Chris's was the choice fair and square. I also don't mind going back now and then to a place like for example Chris's or CA, where obviously there are both many tables, a supportive owner, and lots of members and other players in the area of that room.

I think you can draw new players with a permanent location. Derby gets new players all the time because they can plan for it and know what to expect, then it becomes a pool destination. Just look at the seniors tournament in Houston. No shortage of players for that one.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
We already took all of that into consideration when we voted for Chris's this time. As far as I know, nothing has changed about what Chris's offers and why we decided (majority) to go there.
In our small town we have two bars that have snack food similar to Chris's. BUT....
On the weekends they both have food trucks/grills show up and park out front.
I think this would be a nice accompaniment to feed the herd.
Also, what hotels with food are close to Chris's?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
In our small town we have two bars that have snack food similar to Chris's. BUT....
On the weekends they both have food trucks/grills show up and park out front.
I think this would be a nice accompaniment to feed the herd.
Also, what hotels with food are close to Chris's?
Chicago is a huge city -- but it depends on what you mean by close. Where Chris's is located, it is not a big tourist area so the hotels are mostly are a little ways away. I believe the Ghost posted a number of nearby food places that are popular with Chris's patrons.

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
Just looked up the info and found out Savannah has direct flights to Chicago - lord I hope the world is back to normal by June!

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
I am strongly in favor of moving it around. We have definitely drawn in new players every time we have gone to a new location. My only issue with Chris's honestly, is that we have already been there. But that was taken into consideration in the voting as well, and Chris's was the choice fair and square. I also don't mind going back now and then to a place like for example Chris's or CA, where obviously there are both many tables, a supportive owner, and lots of members and other players in the area of that room.

One thing I don't remember reading on all the various threads - if we're sticking to the minimum table requirements to host, then there are a very limited number of rooms nationwide that could host us. That being the case, then I think an idea mentioned a little over a year ago of a rotating schedule would be perfect. Would allow people to not only plan in advance, but let the rooms know with dead certainty when we'd be there.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I agree with having it at Chris’s since we did vote on it and through no fault of anyone’s were unable to have it. I would love to see everyone and hope it can happen. Would give me a reason to get back in no-stroke 😂

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I agree with having it at Chris’s since we did vote on it and through no fault of anyone’s were unable to have it. I would love to see everyone and hope it can happen. Would give me a reason to get back in no-stroke 😂
Mitch, I thought you quit playing??
Be good tah see yah.
Hope all is well out east.
Remember this, the Ghost has to spot us all the first break since it's his home court. ;)

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD

That's funny Mitch, I didn't get it at first.........if you truly not playin ans outta stroke you can play me........I ain't even touched a cue stick since March.

Would love to go back to Chicago tho........ :)

youngstown

Verified Member
I know we already voted but I’ve played at Chris’s and I’ve played at Bluegrass and I would pick Bluegrass every single time, and twice on Sundays. They have parking. They have fantastic food. What? Did somebody say Action? Hello! Plus maybe we could bring Mitch out of retirement!