Annual Members Only Tournament ??

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
New year, new location. Buffalo's when we have the HOF dinner either before or after. Or have the HOF dinner at Ca billiards and the tournament afterwards.

Buffalo’s only has About ten 9’ tables. Just counted them, he has 12 of them. 1 GC, and a mix of red and blue label Diamonds.

Last edited:

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
I don't care where we have it - I'm starting my saving for it now. Haven't seen you guys in way to long! Only downside I've found to moving to Savannah is it's an hour drive to a 9' table - but at least it's a diamond. Hope you all are weathering this in style!

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I don't care where we have it - I'm starting my saving for it now. Haven't seen you guys in way to long! Only downside I've found to moving to Savannah is it's an hour drive to a 9' table - but at least it's a diamond. Hope you all are weathering this in style!

Is that in a hidden garage😎

FreeMoney

Verified Member
This is a good question. I was just assuming that we would treat the upcoming annual MOT as a rescheduling from 2020 -- which would be Chris's in Chicago -- as long as they are still on board the same terms as we voted on, and they want us back.
I would certainly try to make it no matter where it's held !

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Who knows what June 2021 will look like, but I really look forward to attending another MOT some year soon! Chris's is a great place to have it at too...bunch of local members, plenty of tables, 3 cushion tables, ping pong table, etc....

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Who knows what June 2021 will look like, but I really look forward to attending another MOT some year soon! Chris's is a great place to have it at too...bunch of local members, plenty of tables, 3 cushion tables, ping pong table, etc....
No where close to stay. If you want to have a members tournament, with the criteria being thrown out the door, why have any criteria at all?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
It wouldn’t bother me if we made California Billiards our home room for this tournament. Derby and U.S. Open have home rooms where all the players can plan every year. If we were to make a permanent location and permanent time we could get hotel and airlines early.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
We already took all of that into consideration when we voted for Chris's this time. As far as I know, nothing has changed about what Chris's offers and why we decided (majority) to go there.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
We already took all of that into consideration when we voted for Chris's this time. As far as I know, nothing has changed about what Chris's offers and why we decided (majority) to go there.

Even though I’d prefer we have a permanent location I do agree that we all voted and Chris’s was chosen, we should stick to that plan. However why not vote for a permanent location for the future.....

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I am strongly in favor of moving it around. We have definitely drawn in new players every time we have gone to a new location. My only issue with Chris's honestly, is that we have already been there. But that was taken into consideration in the voting as well, and Chris's was the choice fair and square. I also don't mind going back now and then to a place like for example Chris's or CA, where obviously there are both many tables, a supportive owner, and lots of members and other players in the area of that room.